Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Trying to save some money on dental work, have any thoughts?
My neighbor Henry is real handy with tools and fixing things.
He said he could drill my bad tooth with his Black& Decker, and fill it with bondo. I am considering it, have any thoughts?...

Would you smile if you had very bad-ly aligned teeth?

Additional Details
well not everyone can affort treatments!!...

How do U get a gap in your teeth fixed?
Not that I have one but my friend does... she wants to get fixed before we get into our senior year in High School. Her gap is like little in her two front teeth.
So does anyone know a solution ...

Poll: How many of you actually floss your teeth daily?
be honest!...

O.K. My brother and I were eating earlier and both of us burned our tongues. This got me thinking:

If you burn yourself badly enough on other parts of your body, you could loose all sensation on those parts.

My question is: Do your taste buds loose sensation if
a) they ...

Help i have bad breath?
I have really bad breath and I've tried everything to get rid if it.

I brush my teeth up to 4 times a day, I floss twice and I use mouthwash as often as I can through out the day. I&#...

White spot on my throat!??
Well its like.right above my tonsil. not on my tonsil. and it burns. and its all red around it. its been there a few days now. what could it be??
Additional Details

Throbbing toothache!!?
i have really bad toothache and can't get an appointment at the dentist until next week. what can i do to relieve the pain? it keeps me awake most of the night and is driving me mad.please help....

Is going to the dentist really that bad and scary???

How do i get my enamel back in my teeth?
I've used so many whitestrips already that my teeth look transparente! Is there any toothpaste, mouthwash, or treatment I can use?...

My dad said i might need a brace, what do you think? (pic included)?
http://www.ag.state.oh.u
They look fine to ...

What happens if I use a whole box of crest white strips at one time?

Additional Details
I meant if i kept putting the strips on one after another not all of them on my teeth at one time....

Do listerine whitening strips really work?
They are pretty expensive so I only want to pay money for them if they really do whiten. DO THEY REALLY NOTICEABLY WHITEN YOUR TEETH IN 2 WEEKS AS THE BOX STATES? thanks in advance!...

When getting your wisdom teeth removed, do you have to go under Anesthesia or can they give you somthing else?
I'm a smoker and I'm afraid of what might happen.
I don't want to tell them im smoker because then my parents might find ...

What can i do for a toothache painkillers aint workin!!!!?

I cant afford to go to the dentist how do i get rid of a tooth pain?

What will my dentist do if I have impacted wisdom teeth and no dental coverage till next year?
I am in a lot of pain. One of my impacted wisdom teeth is trying to erupt. My dental insurance will not cover anything until May of next year.

I am having a sharp, shooting pain in my head ...

Are firm brissles on your toothbrush good for your gums?

Anyone had 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once?
my dentist wants to pull all 4 at the same time while me being asleep... and alot of people are telling me not to have all 4 done at once...im so tired of them b.c they are messing with my tmj and ...

Do you find hot dentists attractive ??
ok , i have like the cutest dentist ever. i do not know if he has a wedding ring , but i figure if i like him a lot. he will not think that.
i have always been scared to talk to him and ask ...

Melly
How long do i have to wait to start smoking again after getting my wisdom teeth removed???
idk if it will give me some type of infection or anything so yea...

i got my surgery on wed. and its now sat. can i smoke??

viper_2003fu
Rating
just 2 or3 days, you can smoke now

dle423
Rating
Yes you can smoke.

FL inventor
Rating
WHAT!!??

ARE YOU NUTS??

Only people who are crazy, stupid, or just like to smell bad or cause fires SMOKE.

Nicotine "HAS" gotten you also it seems!

Everyone I know has either died or is slowly dying because of it.

Have you noticed that the only people who WANT you to smoke are the funeral parlors, and tobacco companies?.

KICK it while you have this chance. You may not get another.
======================================...

Ben
Rating
Why don't you use this opportunity to quit? This is a chance of a lifetime! Sqeeze through 72 hours, and you shouldn't need to smoke again! I have two relatives I could name off the top of my head who died from lung cancer induced by smoking, and one who almost did, but the hospital didn't want to see both husband and wife die in the same decade, from the same ailment, while both in their care. If you can, please don't start back!

**Anti-PeTA**
Rating
If I was you I'd quit smoking those cancer sticks. Consider this take a $50 bill and burn it that's what your really doing with your money when you smoke. Also consider this fact those tobacco exectives they don't smoke either what does that tell you?

pj h
I had a smoke perhaps three hours after dental surgery. It did me no harm.

lovergirl
Rating
a long time, by the way you should use this opportunity to stop smoking entirely, it's bad for your health!

?
Rating
If you haven't been smoking for all this time why pick up again? You know smoking is bad for you all around.

cope_acetic
Rating
If you haven't smoked since Wednesday, you have pretty much quit....why not stay with it? You'll save lots of money and plenty of health troubles down the road!!

WhatAmI?
Hey!
This is an opportunity to QUIT!

Save your health!

Mrs. K. M
Rating
The main issue with smking after having any tooth removed is the possibility of getting "dry socket" which you DO NOT want. It is extermely painful, and there is really no treatment for it. If your gums have healed together.. not a large gaping hole.. you should be out of risk.
The norm is 24 hours.. but if you are really concerned you can cover the area with the gause (I am sure you were provided some by the dentist that removed the tooth) and take small drags of the cigarette. Dry socket can be caused by a suction that is created in your mouth that creates a void between the healing (the clot that forms on top of the removal site) and your gums-- you literally will have a dry pocket of air. You want that clot to heal over (basically forming a scab).

huggz
Rating
Why not take this as an opportunity to give up? You're almost there so keep going. :)

Allan P
Rating
you should just take this opportunity to quit

Dr. Chris (DDS)
As a dentist I can tell you that I usually recommend that my patients always wait to smoke for AT LEAST 72 hours after extraction. It is best to wait longer (ie: a week), but after the first 72 hours the chance of a dry socket does decrease considerably. If you MUST smoke, cover the extraction site with moist gauze and take small puffs, avoid taking deep puffs as this can dislodge the clot. Continue to take any prescribed antibiotics and pain medication (as needed) and after 24 hours following extraction you should begin GENTLE warm salt water rinses to help prevent any infection. Cold compresses will also help reduce swelling and will also help remove minor aches/pain you may have after your extraction. Good luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy