Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Would you rather......?
I've got black areas in a lot of my back teeth which I've been reliably informed are most likely to be small cavities. I do intend to go to the dentist when I can find one registering NHS ...

Help, I Have a Seed Stuck between My Teeth. What to Do?
I tried using floss to get at this raspberry seed out and only succeeded in lodging it farther down in between two molars. Now I can't even see it!

How long will it take to form a ...

How to get rid of cold sores in your mouth?

To old for braces?
im 23 and i want to know if im to old to get braces? i cant afford proper cosmetic dentistry to get my teeth perfect! thanks....

Does anyone know a home remedy for and abscessed tooth?
Hi. My husband's tooth is infected and we can't afford health insurance. So, if anyone knows a good home remedy or a good over the counter medicine (that actually works) please let me ...

Braces or No?
Reasons why I'm hesitant:
1. If I end up missing what my teeth looked like before OR that my lips will take on a different position/shape because my teeth were repositioned
2. I end up ...

Can I ask my ortho to take my braces off?
I've had my braces for three years and before that I had a spacer, I'm so tired of the riducule and the jaw pain and head aches. I have an appointment tomorrow and I want to ask him to take ...

Tooth abscess but can't afford dentist..?
Please help, I'm freaking out because my friend said I could die from this..

I don't have enough money to go to the dentist, and my mom wont take me there for this reason..every ...

How long does it take for you to finally be able to chew your food after getting braces?

Why do i have sore gums?
over the last couple of days completly randomly i have had really sore bleeding gums whilst cleaning my teeth... i always always clean my teeth well twice a day, normally use mouthwash and chew ...

Does a filling for your cavity hurt?
i have 7 cavities on most of my molars
i heard that they numb you
but still
it might hurt
right?...

Is having a tooth extracted sore?
i visited the orthadontist last week and he informed me i have to get 2 teeth extracted before he can start his work.... this has totaly terrified me and made me really want to refuse treatment. Is ...

Do the Crest Whitening Strips REALLY work?

What is the best whitening method you've used on your teeth?

What makes people afraid of the dentist?

Will a doctor remove an infected wisdom tooth? or do i have to wait for the infection to go away?

What is the easiest way to whiten my teeth fast without any products?
No special toothpaste,strips,etc.
Additional Details
or that powder like stuff! just stuff i can find around the bathroom. thanks!...

Is it safe to have a piercing like this?
I am going to take out my tooth and im going to have an injection.
I was wondering if after, when my mouth was still numb it would be safe go and get my tongue pierced so i wouldn't feel ...

Your teeth.?
if you could turn back time,would you not have had your teeth drilled for fillings at the dentist....

I was attacked and my front teeth were damaged.?
the other night i was attacked, and my front teeth were badly damaged. My left front tooth is pretty much gone, and my right front tooth is very badly chipped and almost half of it has gone. I have ...

leonardo dafino
How do you get your braces off faster?

SD
Rating
it won't be a lot faster but you can try this. when you get your next appointment, call and reschedule it for a few days or a week, if they'll let you, earlier. you'll get your readjustments done earlier and less time waiting for results. SD

Jordan4_east
Rating
Just dont eat the foods your not supposed to eat , and take care off them really good.

tallyluver
They more you mess them up ex: brackets become unglued, rubber bands break...the longer you will have them on. So just don't eat very hard foods, and do what your orthodontist advises you to do.

MissV
First, you'll get your best answer by cancelling your other 2 questions. The redundancy is a pain.

You could ask the orthodontist to tighten them more often than every 2 weeks. This will cost you more money and more pain, so, why hurry?

Besides, next you get the retainer (smile).

jtf7793
Rating
If they give you rubber bands, wear them all the time. Try your best not to break your braces, and if you do report it as soon as possible. Drink ice water if you're really impatient as this will contract your braces. You could also ask your orthodontist to tighten them more, but it would hurt more. Just a few ideas.

Tiffany
Rating
u cant really if ur wearing rubber bands double them and it will help that process go faster

donaldblake2007
you dont. just be patient

MOM KNOWS EVERYTHING
Rating
You don't. You do what the orthodontist tells you to do, and when it's time, they will be taken off. Be patient.

L
you don't, just take good care of your teeth when you have them on so your dentist doesn't make you keep them on longer.

yarmiah
Not likely that you can get them off much sooner than expected by your orthodontist.

HOWEVER, you can reduce the amout of added time by being compliant. This means, don't eat food you are not supposed to, and DO wear rubberbands, retainers, etc as asked by the orthodontist.

ellie
Rating
Take really good care of your teeth and do everything your dentists tells you, although my brother got them off six months early and he chewed gum and ate popcorn.

marycorleone86
A flathead screwdriver...JUST KIDDING!

No, I had braces, and you just have to wait it out. Make sure you do everything the Ortho says and just keep them clean.

mlgable
You cannot get them off faster. Your teeth will not move any faster no matter what you try to do.

ms.pearllee
Hi Leonardo,

I don't really think there is a way to get your braces off faster -- what you can do is just continue to take proper care of your teeth, follow the orthodontist's/dentist's suggestions and don't do anything to aggravate your braces.

It really depends on your bone structure and how long it takes for your teeth to slide into a perfect alignment.

Don't worry though! I know the wait seems long in the beginning, but soon you'll hardly notice it, and before you realize it, you'll be getting them off and you'll see your beautiful teeth!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy