Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

When you brush your teeth...?
...do you leave the faucet running?...

Should i go to dentist???
i am 38 years old and the last time i went to the dentist was when i was 8....my old dad (god bless his soul) once told me to never bother going because as soon as you go they start drilling and ...

Why does my teeth have blue mold on them?

Do I need Braces!!?? HELP!?
My friends and eveyone are saying I need braces to fix the big gap between my front teeth and the close other gaps I have and to fix my overbite. So will I need braces??!!
http://s271....

Whats the worse thing you.ve ever eaten?
p.s im edgey to ask,...

Does it hurt alot gettin ur wisdom teeth out?
im gettin all 4 of my wisdom teeth out under general anistetic does it hurt alot!...

Best toothpaste?
which toothpaste whitenings teeth the Absolute best ?...

Is it okay to sedate your kids for a night out?

Additional Details
o.m.g. im surprised that hardly any of you knew i was having a go...............

What do you think when you see people who have braces?
i have to wear those 'train track' brace things, and no one seems to notice them, but im still really paranoid about everyones opinions (dont tell me 'it doesnt matter what other ...

Can coca-cola be used to help whiten the teeth due to the high acidity it has?
Researchers say that coca-cola is a good home remedy to clean the toilet and tub b/c of the high acidity content. Can it also clean the teeth? If it can clean the toilet why not whiten the teeth?...

HELP! OMGEEE I SWALLOWED TOOTH PASTE... IM I GONNA DIE??? OMGEEE What should I do???
THE TOOTH PASTE TUBE SAYS TO GET MEDICAL HELP OR CONTACT A POISON CONTROL CENTER RIGHT AWAY. I DONT WANT DIE PEOPLE. HELP HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!
Additional Details

Should i brush my teeth right now?
i really dont ...

Why do brits have poor dental hygiene?

Additional Details
So ONLY people on tv that are british have bad teeth? How did that become a stereotype if there wasnt a bit of ...

Is this supposed to happen?
WHEN I CLOSE MY MOUTH MY TOP TEETH GO OVER MY BOTTOM TEETH DO I NEED BRACES

ALSO MY TOP TEETH GO ALL THE WAY DOWN ALMOST OVER MY GUMLINE

ALSO MY 2 BOTTOM TEETH GO UP AND DOWN AND...

What brand and colour is your toothbrush?

Additional Details
Mine is pink! Forgot what brand it is thought, ...

How do get rid of bad breath?????

Be honest...how many of you DON'T brush your teeth before going to bed?

Have you had a wisdom tooth removed? Did it hurt much?

Additional Details
I'm not a big fan of blood... or pain for that matter. I get the feeling I'll have a lot of both....

Do you brush your teeth first or have breakfast first?

Are you supose to throw away your toothbrush after so many times?

Rashanka
How do you get rid of tartar?
I have braces and they're starting to screw up my teeth. After I get them off, is there anyway I can get them cleaned? Or will they stay like that?

viper
Rating
easy, brush and floss after every meal, have a cleaning every 6 months.

sars
Rating
go to the dentist for a cleaning!!

Da Great 1
Rating
Get dentist they will scrap it off. When they get it off they will tell you to brush where it formed. Brushing will help it from forming but when it does you have to get the dentist to scrap it off.

ak47_girl
Rating
You can get them professionally cleaned maybe once, then from there on just use a tarter control toothpaste with extra whitening. Crest Night Effects are good.

Snowqueen
Rating
Just brush, gargle mouthwash and floss to get rid of that yucky tartar... =)

red
Tartar accumulates in the absence of proper oral care. Once formed, it can be removed only by professional cleaning by a dentist or dental hygienist (see tooth scaling). Tartar causes swelling, bleeding and weakening of gums, and can lead to gum recession. Calculus can even extend into pockets created between the tooth and gums.

The best way to prevent the build up of calculus is through twice daily toothbrushing and flossing and biannual cleaning visits. When it accumulates excessively, natural tooth structure may become hidden by it.

lightningfastfords
tarter is from not brushing , tarter always comes off, but you may have to wait till the braces come off ,so the doc can scrap em clean, just do what you can do till then, keep em clean and if your doing that then u must wait I supose, take care

ANSWERKNIGHT
use special tooth paste and ur dentist can scrap it off

janlcc@sbcglobal.net
If you are not keeping your teeth spotlessly cleaned and flossed, you will have permanently marred teeth when the braces come off.

Just ask my son, who didn't believe me....

jen4802051709
Rating
yeah u can get em cleaned.

denise4cm
Rating
Tartar has to be removed by the dentist. As for the staining, you can have your teeth bleached at the dentist's office after get the braces off. It is best to prevent any further staining by brushing very carefully from now on. Good luck.

noname
Rating
Brush at least three times a day. Stop smoking and drinking colas, coffee, and tea (tartar producing).

yums
read tips and articles on teeth whitening on this site

Cor
Rating
Ask the dentist. Twice-daily tooth brushings are a big help!

ropman1
Rating
floss and brush your teeth at least twice daily

miss inimitable
See a dentist! Use Tartar protection toothpaste.

Alexira
Go to your dentist for a good deep cavitron cleaning. Use dental floss and a mouth wash like Scope or any other you like.
Brush your teeth after every (i mean every) meal or snack..

bluealt
Brush your teeth with tartar control toothpaste.

Brush your teeth after every meal or at least twice a day.

Use mouthwash or rinse your mouth with water after every meal.

There are tartar control mouth washes out there. Or you can use hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash.

Go to your ortho for regular appointments.'

The_Mystic
Just brush as you would normally (or at least the best you can). It'll come off in time; meanwhile, if you want your teeth cleaned, I recommend seeing a dentist.

Gigi
Get your teeth cleaned by your dentist's hygenist, even while you have braces. This should take place every 6 months. Brush several times a day with a tartar control toothpaste recommended by your dentist.

fidget
Rating
dentist

drizzt_234
Please, be careful with anything you've read here so far.

The key to the problem is to have your teeth professionally cleaned every 6 months or so. Also, brushing your teeth 3 times per day, with little to no pressure, and flossing once daily.

I had the same problem. I broke my jaw in a car accident. I had my jaw wired shut for a month and a half...then had braces on for a few years.

After getting the braces off, it become a very obsessive-compulsive behavior of mine to brush my teeth - in excess of 20 time every day. My gumlines are now receeding. It has caused my roots to be exposed in places which is quite painful at times.

cherrokee414
Rating
yes, you can have your dentist give you a scaling after you have them removed, you will notice some swelling around your gum line after your braces are removed, but with regular brushing and flossing the swelling will go down. I suggest that you continue brushing and flossing after each meal to minimize problems untill your braces are removed.

the nothing
Rating
floss floss floss... 2x a day...

the dentist can remove it with that scrapey hook thing too

lachicadecafe
Rating
You need to brush, brush, brush, and when you think you're done, brush again! When I had braces (back in the dark ages) they told me to be superdisciplined about brushing ALL THE TIME. Maybe you should keep toothpaste/toothbrush in your backpack or locker. Yeah, I know, that's nerdy, but at least you'll have fresh breath after onion rings and chilli for lunch! I've never known anyone who had braces, though, whose teeth had little white square marks on them because the part of the tooth under the bracket stayed white while the area around got yellowish.
Good luck! Braces are so worth the hassle!

alanbp
Rating
Braces are essentially food traps so even if you are neurotic about oral hygene (and I hope you are ),you will have some staining . The good news is following removal of the braces ,a good hygene scaling and polishing will put every thing right .

BSRNash
Stay away from foods that your Orthodontist told you to not consume! Part of the reason you are getting tartar build up around your braces is because of that.

Also you need to floss and brush! Crest has a tartar control tooth paste you can buy. They also have floss that you can thread through the wires of your braces so you can floss. You need to resolve this issue NOW! Waiting until you get your braces remove will put you at risk for stains and cavities.

You should approach your dentist for ways to resolve this issue.

Later Me
Rating
Buy a sonic toothbrush from Philips and use it, use smaller brushes in between your teeth everyday. Get your teeth polished then get the Zoom treatment done by your dentist. It will rid you of anything that is on your teeth and give you the whitest teeth you have ever seen. Sonic cost $100, Zoom costs $300-400 and is a 1 hour 1 time treatment.

Sam
Rating
Only your dentist or hygienist will be able to successfully get rid of tartar on your teeth. Sorry, but that's just the way it is...

44ibis
By brushing and flossing regularly

twiggyjo76
Rating
if you see your orthodonitst regularly and brush your teeth at least twice a day you should have any problems.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy