Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How long until the numbness in my mouth wears off?
I went to the hygienist and she cleaned the bottom half of my mouth, She stook a needle in my gums so I wont feel any pain and now my bottom half is full of blood and I am talking wierd because half ...

What's a good remedy for toothache?
I disrupted a nerve the other day and It's killing me.
I'm 6 months pregnant so I can't take most pain killers and paracetamol is not helping....

Toothache please help.?
I have really bad toothache from a heavy filled tooth,
the pain is constant and painkillers dont seem to help much i cant hardly talk or eat with the pain which radiates up into my cheeks and ...

How do I tell a co-worker he smells bad?
It's not B.O., I think it comes from his mouth. I hate to mention it cuz it will hurt his feelings but sometimes the whole office ...

Is it bad to swish pure hydrogen peroxide in your mouth to whiten teeth?

We took out 2 1/2 year old to a pediatric dentist and they told us he had 15 cavities.?
it felt like were were just a number being called the dentist took all of five mintues with him said he will need to have this done in the operting room and said my secretary will schedule it. what ...

I get four wisdom teeth removed in ten hours and I am nervous.?
I just saw a picture on the inernet a huge hole where the tooth went it was like 2 inches deep. Im 15 and nervous what should i do to calm down my nervousness....

How do I get rid of wisdom teeth pain???
My wisdom teeth came in last year, and it seems like my top left ones are rubbing against my gums on the bottom. I can't afford to go get them taken out, but I was wondering if there were any OTC...

Does it hurt getting your teeth professionally cleaned at a dentist?

What happens if you paint your teeth white with nail polish?
My cousin always does this, and her teeth are really white.
Is this bad for you?...

What is your favorite colour?
its for a psycology assignment......

What is the oldest age at which a woman can give birth?

What is a good home remedy for an infected tooth?

White teeth with braces, what can i do??
ok well. i've had braces ever since the summer of 2004. (long time i know). ever since then, my teeth aren't the whitest they could be. I brush 3 times a day (after i wake up, before i go ...

How do you get rid of bad breath without mints of brushing your teeth..?
When I'm in public sometimes I notice i have bad breath, and I dont have anything to brush my teeth with or gum or mints or anything.. how can I get rid of bad breath without any of that?...

Does anyone have any home remedies/recipes that I can put together to whiten my teeth?
Please keep in mind that although I would like my teeth a bit whiter, I don't want to do anything that may cause damage...thanks!...

Is there any home remedies i can use 2 whiten my teeth? i hear cleaning preducts work well, esp tile cleaner?

I have a toothache how do i get rid of it?

Who hates the dentist???
who hates it and why??

you have to say why you hate the dentist.

but if you don't then say you don't lol.

reason for asking is i just come out of the ...

What keeps getting pushed to the bottom of your Shopping List?

jessica correa
How do the dentist numb ur mouth and does it hurt?
also im getting 2 baby teeth pulled out

Melissa.
They Shove Giant needles into Your gums, then They take these pliers and Unhumainly rip the teeth out.
Alot of times they Dont even numb it they just wait till you not paying attention, they tear the teeth right out of yoo mouthh.

Art
Rating
They stick a big fat needle in your jaw that is filled with yellow fluid and it hurts like h e l l. YES all of it hurts!! I never go, ever!!

Ashley
Rating
They give you a shot. It really doesn't hurt that bad. It only "pinches" for a couple seconds.

Susanne
They inject lidocaine into your gums so as to stop the nerves that carry the pain signal from functioning

signbeatuy
i had all of my baby teeth pulled so i can give you a great answer.

they are going to put a gel (it's like oragel) to do a basic numbing. after that sets in ( like 3 mins) they will use a little needle to inject some novicane. it doesn't hurt. but if you are scaed of needels ( i am) then ask your denist to warn you before he or she does. and when they are going to just close your eyes and open your mouth extremly wide.

the actual teeth pulling does not hurt it's just the nose of it coming out so just go to your happy place.

i hppe that helps!

supergrumpers
Rating
It matter where your teeth are that're being pulled out.
If they're on the top, the dentist will give you a couple shots directly below the tooth to be pulled, on the gums. That will numb up and you won't feel it.

If they're bottom teeth, the dentist will have to do what's called a mandible block, where he shoots novocaine into a nerve which runs down the back of your jaw, between your top and bottom jaw. This numbs the entire side of the face where the shot was given...including half your tongue and your lips. It feels weird.

The shots hurt a little. It's just a little pinch, nothing major. Don't worry; you won't be screaming in pain or trying to jump up out of the chair. It's uncomfortable, but it's not that painful.

bliss j
Rating
they just give you some small injections in your mouth and no it doesent hurt at all ive just had 4 out and it didnt feel anything at all. dont worry it honestly does not hurt :D

stormy.!
Rating
novacaine. it gives you that numb feeling. it doesnt hurt to get teeth pulled, that much. the anxiety beforehand makes it worse, though. expect some pain, obviously.

Becky
Rating
they use a needle and shoot lidocaine into ur gums. yes it hurts. to me anyway. I HATE THE DENTIST.

charlie f
Rating
they will rub a numbing gel on it to begin with then you will have a small injection (which shouldn't hurt because of the gel) to numb the entire area- you shouldnt feel a thing!
xx

pixie_dust_2494
Rating
I got 7 teeth pulled about 4 months ago!
So you are lucky only 2 are getting pulled!

Ok there are 2 ways. Either they give you one shot in the cheeck or they give you a ton of shots around the area they are working on.

First before any of the shots they take this jelly stuff on a Q-Tip and rub it around the area they will work on.

Try to not talk much or do anything with your mouth when it is numb!
I tried to talk and I bit my lip really hard and it was bleeding but I didn't feel it!

Hope this helps, and GOOD LUCK!

Heidi K
Rating
They inject lidocaine with a teeeny tiny needle. It doesn't hurt much. Just a little pinch.

ladyvol001
Rating
They usually give you a couple shots of Novacane. And it hurts

toast4_3
Rating
they take a needle it really not that big and poke it where ever they have to it really doesnt hurt it feels like a little pinch

muzikgrrl9
Dentists numb your mouth by giving you a needle. The needle is relatively large and hurts a fair bit, but only for a few seconds. Then, you can't feel much in your mouth anymore but slight vibrations and your lips go numb.

Lola
With an injected anesthetic. No it doesn't hurt.

radiancia
It sounds worse than it is but they'll rub some jelly on your gums, which will sort of slightly numb the area and then they'll use a needle to inject the full strength numbing, which really you wont feel at all. They'll let you sit for 5-10 minutes and wait till it starts to work which will feel really really weird the first time - basically as if half your tongue and lip is really swollen - it feels like its gone gigantic but really its normal. After that you wont feel anything until after the numbing wears off after a few hours when it might be a bit sore.

meow
Rating
Novocaine

yayuhsucka
They use anestesia (i think that's what it's called) and it kinda stings because they have to inject it. It does numb the mouth but by doing that it makes you feel no pain when they pull out your teeth. I've had this done to me many times and it doesn't hurt so you got nothing to worry about.

Ashley
Ok... I've been though this... it depends, if your pulling out a tooth or more serous stuff, he will give you a shoot, don't worry trust me it will only hurt a bit close your eyes and relax, but if its not so serious he will rub some numbing cream on it and do what he has to... don;t worry I PROMISE that it won't hurt... :) i was scared of the dentist and i still am... but you'll be okay... :) its really nothing... good luck!

You Know It's True
Rating
Uses a needle and the area around the tooth.
Not as bad as you think -- trust me!! Worrying was the worst part.
(I think these people are trying to frighten u)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy