Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

O.K. My brother and I were eating earlier and both of us burned our tongues. This got me thinking:

If you burn yourself badly enough on other parts of your body, you could loose all sensation on those parts.

My question is: Do your taste buds loose sensation if
a) they ...

Help i have bad breath?
I have really bad breath and I've tried everything to get rid if it.

I brush my teeth up to 4 times a day, I floss twice and I use mouthwash as often as I can through out the day. I&#...

White spot on my throat!??
Well its like.right above my tonsil. not on my tonsil. and it burns. and its all red around it. its been there a few days now. what could it be??
Additional Details

Throbbing toothache!!?
i have really bad toothache and can't get an appointment at the dentist until next week. what can i do to relieve the pain? it keeps me awake most of the night and is driving me mad.please help....

Is going to the dentist really that bad and scary???

How do i get my enamel back in my teeth?
I've used so many whitestrips already that my teeth look transparente! Is there any toothpaste, mouthwash, or treatment I can use?...

My dad said i might need a brace, what do you think? (pic included)?
http://www.ag.state.oh.u
They look fine to ...

What happens if I use a whole box of crest white strips at one time?

Additional Details
I meant if i kept putting the strips on one after another not all of them on my teeth at one time....

Do listerine whitening strips really work?
They are pretty expensive so I only want to pay money for them if they really do whiten. DO THEY REALLY NOTICEABLY WHITEN YOUR TEETH IN 2 WEEKS AS THE BOX STATES? thanks in advance!...

When getting your wisdom teeth removed, do you have to go under Anesthesia or can they give you somthing else?
I'm a smoker and I'm afraid of what might happen.
I don't want to tell them im smoker because then my parents might find ...

What can i do for a toothache painkillers aint workin!!!!?

I cant afford to go to the dentist how do i get rid of a tooth pain?

What will my dentist do if I have impacted wisdom teeth and no dental coverage till next year?
I am in a lot of pain. One of my impacted wisdom teeth is trying to erupt. My dental insurance will not cover anything until May of next year.

I am having a sharp, shooting pain in my head ...

Are firm brissles on your toothbrush good for your gums?

Anyone had 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once?
my dentist wants to pull all 4 at the same time while me being asleep... and alot of people are telling me not to have all 4 done at once...im so tired of them b.c they are messing with my tmj and ...

Do you find hot dentists attractive ??
ok , i have like the cutest dentist ever. i do not know if he has a wedding ring , but i figure if i like him a lot. he will not think that.
i have always been scared to talk to him and ask ...

What's the right sequence for flossing, brushing and mouthwash?
I'm wondering if there's a right or proper sequence for using dental floss, toothbrushing and using the mouthwash to get the most of them? Thanks!...

An awful taste at the back of my throat and in my mouth?? how can i ge trid of this?
after a few beers on a saturday and sunday for the next 3-4 days i have a horrible taste in my mouth, what causes this and how do you get rid of this??...

How do i sharpen my canine teeth?
i want them to be more ...

What's wrong with my mouth?
My lips and the area around my mouth has been drying up for the past three days. It seems chafed and cracked and my entire mouth hurts and is almost numb with pain - i've tried lip balm, canola ...

Aidan
How do i get the pain of braces to sooth?
I just got my braces on 3 hours ago and my teeth hurt! how do get the pain to sooth?!?!?

emily_answerer
Rating
Orajel and Advil (2). This will help A LOT.

Tiki
ibuprofen is the best that it will help. you can try orajel, but i am not sure it will work.

Yatira
Rating
You need 2 Ibuprofen. My doc use to always suggest I take 2 Advil just before seeing him. Ask for wax if they didn't give it to you already to stop any poking from the wires.

sillyyamber
Rating
take 2 ibuprofens
and eat ice cream (with a plastic spoon!) that what i did when i had braces.....but after a while you will definetly get use to the pain...its just the pressure of ur teeth moving thats hurting

Dominyka, aka Nicky
Rating
id recommend ibuprofen;
it really helps me (:

floridanole
Rating
To be honest you have to be very patient when it comes to braces. The pain may go away in three days or could last to up to a month or more (like it did me). It depends on the sensitivity of your teeth. Just make sure you stay on the soft diet until you feel absolutely comfy to eat solid foods. The inside of your jaws may hur because you aren't used to the braces. You can buy some peroxyl from walmart to numb the inside of the mouth. You can always take painkillers as well. And if that doesn't seem to help, good old fashioned cold icecream may help some. With time the pain will go away and I know it will seem like forever but just hang in there. I'm just now getting over my pain and I've only had my braces in for a month! :) I hope this helps.

♥oreos93♥
Rating
Take a pain-killer and only eat soft food like noodles and gradually start eating harder food like toast. It took the throbbing to go away about two days but it still hurt to eat for a few weeks when i first got mine.

sabambam7
what i do is take pain killer then rub oragel on the teeth tht hurt to numb them

Heather
Rating
Take some tylonel/advil/aleve. I did and it helped a little when I got braces a year ago. Also, orajel works wonders! Just don't put too much because you might drool a little. I did that once and I was laughing at a joke and I started drooling. haha. XD

Calgarian2K6
Some advil or tyelenol and rinse mouth with warm water and salt. it helped me.

Dylan
take some pain medicine in a couple of days your gums will get used to the feel and it wont hurt anymore

SpongyGurl
Rating
i just got my braces yesterday and they didnt hurt as much, but u can use advil or tylenol.

justmeandmyboy
I'm not sure if you can use it but Orajel?

Try taking some ibuprofen.

Noah N
Rating
take 2 ibuprofen (400 mg) it should work

kmommyluv
Rating
You can take an over the counter pain medication if you really need to. Also, if the braces rub up against your gums (which happens ALOT with braces...ask your dentist for some wax which will help alot. After a couple of days the pain should go away, so hold in there!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy