Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

(Guys only) Do you think braces are hot?
I recently got braces and so I wanted to know what guys think....

HELP HELP HELP URGENT i just got a cavity and my teeth really hurt, i dont want to take pill,anyother options?
i just got a filling this morning
i dont like taking tylonal or ibprofen or anything like that unless it's serious

my tooth hurts pretty bad, any suggestions on how to make it ...

Is it safe to use household bleach to whiten teeth?

Anyone stick toothbrushes up there nose ?
I was brushing my teeth on Saturday morning and a friend arrived at my house. I began brushing my teeth faster so that my friend didn't have to wait. My wrist was like a blur as I frantically ...

Will getting my Wisdom teeth removed hurt?
Do they give you General anesthetic for the removal of 4 wisdom teeth? Also, Does anybody know what kind of pain killers will be prescribed when the surgery is over?...

I'm gonna get braces soon? ?
How do they put the braces on and does it hurt?
I hate when dentist dig deep into your mouth it's yucky.
Is there anything yucky about braces?

All braces info is welcome.<...

What happens if a vampire bites somebody with AIDS or Hepatitis?

Should I get anthesisa(sleep) while taking wisdom teeth out or be awake? Have you got it done before?
Have you taken wisdom teeth out? Does it hurt the process? They gave me option of sleeping or being awake.. I was thinking sleeping but I mite get ride after an hour of the surgery being done. I ...

Since my kids teeth are gonna fall out anyway, do I have to let them brush daily?
Those Dora, Sponge Bob, and Diego toothbrushes are VERY expensive.
Additional Details
does it HAVE to be listerine? Or can I use ...

Daughter has toothache with severe jaw pain?
painkillers and other remedies not working more worried bout jaw pain she cant eat properly got worse last 36 ...

My mouth is a bloody mess!?
Is got some bleedin gums...my choppers are perfect otherwise.What ch'all reckon I dew?...

HELP with BRACES??
Okay so I went to the orthodontist on Saturday and he applied a chain to my 4 front teeth, IT KILLS. Please is there anything I can do to stop the pain. My gap is closing but it hurts so bad i feel ...

How often do you visit your dentist?
I go every six months or so, I had a check up this morning and everything was fine again and I don't need any treatment. Do you think it'll be okay to go once a year or should I keep up ...

Braces????
I'm getting braces do they ...

Is it ok to chew sugar free chewing gum with braces?
I know you aren't supposed to chew gum with braces, but what about sugar free gum? Some people have told me that its ok with sugar free though. If anyone has any good or bad experiences please ...

Braces...stressed?
I HATE BRACES i just got them and i cant eat for like a week
i cant even bite down i really stressing and just i hate them

do you have any ideas of what i can eat?...

Who likes the dentist?

Getting teeth pulled?
I have to get some teeth pulled because my mouth is crowded. Will the dentist people or whatever they are knock me out? or just numb me?...

If i get braces how long will i have it for??
okay im thinking bout braces but i want to know how long i will have it for and if i will look good with it here is a picture of my teethhttp://i160.photobucket....

How painful is it to get your wisdom teeth out? I am getting my out at 9:15am tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Ysahbell K
How bad are braces ????
i am getting spreaders tommorow then after that i am getting braces how ba dit the pain for the spreaders??
and braces ????

9ball
Rating
I had some for like 3 months only. And they do bug but I dont think they really hurt. I guess it depends on how much they wanna move your teeth.

Leo B
it's not actually that bad, not very painful at all,

ashley f
Rating
it hurts, but not too bad. take some tylenol or advil and you'll be okay. it'll feel weird for awhile, but soon it will be just normal. tightening the braces hurts too, but usually the next day it feels fine again.

help_wanted
Rating
i'm having mine removed by the end of this year. the whole process will definitely not be an easy one. but i'm sure you'll get used to it. if u want good teeth, u gotta sacrifice. no pain no gain right? you'll be okay, don't worry. just takes time to get used to it.

Kassandra G
Rating
its really not that bad u mite feel like a pinch or to but all together its not that bad now braces u have to get and u mite have to wear them for like 2 years or maybe less if that

Em L
the spreaders aren't pain to me but the braceses yeah but they won't hurt that much if you don't do these things:
1.)eating chicken can cause badness to your braces
2.)no chewing gum because if you chew on gum then the gum will get stuck to your teeth and spacer and braces
3.)DO NOT!!!! BITE ON YOUR FINGERNAILS this causes a horrible scean
4.) this is all i know if you have anymore questions please e-mail me.

-->Samanthaa<3
Rating
I told my sis she said there put u ta sleep firstr when you wake up u feeel num and when it wares off I hurts hell!

JBenn
Congratulations! I actually hated the spacers so much more than I do the braces. For most people if there is any discomfort during the spacing part then that is most likely what you will be feeling once you get your braces on. My spacers drove me nuts, now that I have my braces on, really no pain at all and much easier to eat with. Good luck!

Briana
Rating
i only had braces. but trust me, they are completely worth it. yes, they did hurt, but talk asprin. eat soft foods for the first two days. then you should be good to go.

Liz M
I'm not gonna lie, the spacers are the worst part of getting braces, but once you get past that, its all downhill. Your mouth will be sore after each tightening, but that can be fixed with advil or motrin. Good luck!

Sparkle
Rating
Its bad im sorry...the first time its really painful...i cried in bed for 2 days the pain was shocking...i didnt eat for i think 7 days and even on the 7th day i couldnt even chew pancakes...but it gets easier you get used to the pain...the first time is by farrrr the worse...every time after that is just a couple days of pain.

HONESTLY i think it also depends on who you go to...i think some orthodontists tighten way more then others...when might would tighten mine it would feel like my teeth were going to snap and colide LOL...but u could go to someone who trys to go slower.

Angela, eh? Go Team Canada!
spreaders??? Seperators? They hurt.

Braces!!! They are not too bad.
When braces hurt...
- when they get tightened.and a few days after
- when they are put on
- they are annoying!!! (flossing STINKS)

- mariah

Chelsea J
Rating
its not tat bad after bout hr pain goes away my spreaders didnt even hurt my braces wer sensitive to pressure but tat went away in like 5 sec.

IAmJamieLee
take two motrin half an hour before your appointment, and unless you are a complete wimp, you will be fine. its really no big deal.

Tacolover
Well i don't have braces but alot of my friends have they say it hurts like a ***** but you get you use to it. So i guess you should prepare for it and its OK to cry sometimes.

Randomly Rachel
Rating
i just got my braces yesterday neither really hurt but id have to say the spacers hurt worse then the braces

Izzy
Rating
There definitely is some dull pain and a raw mouth after the first few days of braces and spreaders, but nothing that some Tylenol and wax (from the dentist) can't help with. After a few weeks you'll hardly notices they're there. Usually right after check ups you might feel a little discomfort, but it's gone by the next day. In the end, don't worry, a lot of people have braces and you'll have a beautiful smile in the end! :-D

jilly322
Rating
spreaders HURT
braces are just uncomfortable for a while. but with mine I have permanate indents in the bottom inside of my lip, they are little ridges. so USE WAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gosouthtigers
Rating
Braces truly aren't that bad. I once had braces about 3 years ago. They don't really hurt to put on and it will keep your mouth numb for a day or 2 where you're stuck eating apple sauce. But after that it doesn't really matter. After a week or 2, people won't even notice you have them. Bottom Line though: They're not that bad.

no name
Rating
my Daughter just had her braces taken off after a year. she was in pain and had to take ibuprofen alot. then her gums would get cut from the braces. BUT look on the bright side.....
when you get them taken off just think how beautiful your teeth will be! :-)

JusMe
Rating
Why before Thanksgiving? If you really want to eat, I'd suggest waiting until after the holiday to get spacers. They aren't unbearable but just irritating (like where's the Aleve/Motrin/Advil - something). Plus I used to eat soup about those appts.

Jen M
Rating
I have had braces twice...never had spreaders.

You will have some pain but, I would suggest you use Oragel instead of advil...the main reason is that the Oragel will completely numb your pain instead of just taking the edge off.

You won't have to use it for more than a day or two...be prepared to eat stuff that doesn't require much chewing.

Don't take my word for it though, tomorrow when you go to the Dentist tell him you have heard of taking Advil for hte pain or Oragel for the pain and what would he recommend. He might have something else that he thinks is best to use for the pain.

When in doubt, ask your healthcare provider.

McCain - Palin 2008!
Rating
the spacers aren't bad at all, the braces hurt just for a few days, just stock up on soft foods (and you will probably get out of chores and stuff cause of your pain, be a little more dramatic than necessary haha)

wierd
I don't remember that I took any pain pills (only the occasional slamming of my head on the wall to numb the pain). They only hurt for 3 days. My parents took me out of school at 10:00 and I was able to go back to school the same day (good thing it was a Friday). The pain feels more like a thing that is almost there but it's not too bad. The spacers only hurt for me right when they put them in. After that I was fine. Also you really need to brush your teeth good. When they take off your wire it kind of feels like the brackets are biting into your gums. Don't worry and remember you should have a good straight line of teeth when they are done. Also I forgot that you want to eat some nice soft foods that you can gum like bread. Also if you can just gum your food twice then swolow. Putting your brackets on doesn't hurt at all. Also you don't want to loose a bracket because when the grind off the glue it smells like you crushed a rock in your mouth. Sugar free gum is allowed but don't try popcorn untill you are really good at disolving food in your mouth.

imaharding
My daughter's had them for over a month now. When they added the spacers on her back teeth, she needed an Advil, but went back to school. When they did the springs to seperate her teeth, that hurt her, but not enough to keep her from eating.

Spacers are just like pieces of rubber. To get an idea, slide a rubber band between two teeth and leave it there for a few minutes. It doesn't hurt, it's just not comfortable.

Dien
Spacers hurt your gums. You'll constantly bite down to ease the pain, like babies do when they teethe.

Braces will wreck the inside of your lip, unless you get those clear ones that are molded to your teeth. It will feel like you've bitten your lip in several different places, including the inside of your cheeks.

You can wear wax over the brackets, but those never seemed to help me.

You learn to deal with it after a while.

?
Rating
seperators: nothing at all. when i had tem i didnt feel a thing.

braces:: hun. if anyone ever tells you that they hurt getting put on. THEY DONT. !! and the only time u might feel a little discomfort is when you get them tightned. and when/or/if you get rubber bands. but thats nothing a littly tilonall or asprin wont fix lmao.

i just got my braces off two months ago. and there was a slighht presser when they took them off. but it wasnt bad att alll.

you might not want to eat popcorn though because whne the cernals get stuck in your brackets and wirres. it is so annoying. so try the fake "corn starch" **** lol. it sounds like crap but acctuall its better than popcorn and i think it tastes better.

good luck i hope everythng workls out for you hunn.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy