Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Does anyone know if braces hurt? and is it worth getting made fun of?

Which do you prefer? Dentists or doctors?
Just taking a random survey....

Only 14 with yellow teeth?
I don't smoke, am not bulimic or taken any antibiotics that got them this way. I don't drink coffee or tea, I brush my teeth daily... but my teeth are kinda yellow. Any ideas?...

Is my dentist allowed to be rude to me ...?
the last time i took my daughter i got verbal abuse , he said i ought to be ashamed of myself and that i was a bad mother etc , could i have reported him etc , my daughter needed a filling yes but i ...

Im getting braces soon? what color should i get? is it gonna be painfull?
yea im realy nervous i wont look right with them.. my teeth are not crroked at all.. like i dont even know why i gotta get emm. im getting them on august 5. thats like 9 days away. pleaseee give me ...

Why don't people in the U.K take care of their teeth like in the United States?
Or maybe its just a stupid stereotype......

Why should we brush teeth in the morning?
i understand that we should brush teeth everytime after we eat, so the food won't be left on the teeth, but why do we have to do it in the morning? we don't eat at ...

I am terrified of the dentist and need my wisdom teeth pulled. How bad does it really hurt?

Given the choice, what would you do?
my dentist has offered me two options, get my tooth out, or get root canal treatment. Its a back molar and I don't know whether to just go for it and get it pulled out or give the root canal ...

Bracesss..?
ok im gettinf braces in feb. nd i wanted to know the process..not in like 5 paragraphs...just a brief process of it. and how does it make your eatin habits different? when can you chew gum? how do i ...

How do you get rid of bad breathe?
I would like to know how to get rid of bad breathe because someone that I really care about suffers from it....

Do wisdom teeth coming in means you're getting smarter?

What is it like having your wisdom teeth removed?
I've been having problems with my wisdom teeth for some time and over the weekend I have developed a bad infection along with a very swollen face. I'm going to ask my dentist if I can have ...

OO my God, I need some real answers please?
I have to have a tooth pulled and i dont know what is to be done. al i know is that i am terrified!!! i know that i have to get a needle in my mouth, can someone please explain what is to be done and ...

Help! I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed?
Alright so I know that the pain after getting your wisdom teeth removed is "different for everybody", but I have this theory that mine won't be very bad simply because all of my wisdom ...

My gums have been bleeding when i brush my teeth, this has been happening for about 2 weeks, what do i do?
Its only when i brush my teeth, i'm 13 and i have braces, please help!!!!!!!!...

Hello is there any sort of calpol or some thing like that what can help me with tooth ache?
any thing but tablets i car'nt take tablets every time i put it on my tongue i'm nearly sick so i just take it ...

Do braces hurt when they put them on u?

How many times do you brush your teeth in one day? ♥?

Could i use ?
cillit bang to whiten my teeth ? afterall theyre enamel and so is my bath
Additional Details
sun m - im from the uk , its a product ...

Caroline O
Help please!! my front tooth has just come out.?
Please help somebody!! my front tooth has just come out after biting into an apple, its not a real tooth it has a rod attached to it, does any one know of any good glues or dental cements to stick it back in please, I cant get to my dentists for another 2 weeks!!! and I just daren't think to go out of the door with the gap in my teeth.

anney
I would try and rough the edge up, and glue it with false nail glue, that's what they use when attaching gems to your teeth! Just don't stick your tongue to it!! ha ha good luck!!

GLENN P
chewing gum it may not stick straight away but it will smell nice

gonzo
put it under your pillow and you will get 10 pence off the tooth fairy

foggy
Rating
Go to boots (or get someone to go for you) they sell dental kits which contain a temporary cement which will hold the tooth in place until you can get to the dentist, whatever you do don't put superglue on it.

charlotterobo
superglue , same thing happened to my husband`s front cap and he superglued it in ( that was 2 years ago and it`s still in ) make sure that both part`s of the tooth are dry though other wise it wont stick !
alternative use a 2 part glue like araldite it take`s about 10 minutes to set but it will last a long time ( it`s a similar thing to what they use in the dentist`s ) Good luck...................

Sam
The tooth already has a post in the root canal space and a crown on top of that. If the root that remains is decayed or broken, you may not have much sucess with any home remedies. DO NOT use crazy glue, as so many others have said. If you want to attach this with something that will not harm you and will probably not break your tooth, start by trying some Poly-Grip or other denture adhesive. Just put a dab on the tooth and post and shove the tooth back where it came from. If that doesn't work, you can try some "temporary cement" sold in the drug store near the toothpaste and so on. Just follow the directions on the label. If you have to mix it up, use it thinner as opposed to thicker. (more liquid) If it is pre-mixed and seems to thick to use, mix in some Vaseline to thin it out until it seems right.

Daniel F
Go to the doctor's then, you silly mare.

theSimpleTooth
DO NOT USE KRAZY GLUE IN YOUR MOUTH: First, it is cyanoacrylate--the cyano part is for cyanide, very toxic. Second, it is water soluble; it will stick for a while, then suddenly break off. Third, Krazy Glue has low sheer strength--if you stick your fingers together, you can't pull them apart, but you can slide them apart much easier. This means your tooth can break off at inopportune times; often while eating. You really, really don't want to swallow it. If you need extra calcium, take a Tums instead.

The best temporary adhesive you can buy at a drugstore is denture adhesive. Next best is toothpaste. Some people have mixed flour and water into a thick paste, with some success. The bottom line is that you need to get into your doctor as soon as possible.

First, I would explain to your dentist that this is an emergency. If you are on a PPO or HMO insurance plan, then he/she is contractually REQUIRED to cover emergencies 24/7. Threaten to report him/her to the PPO. I hate to do this to another dentist, but you have to take care of your own patients, for goodness sake. If he/she still refuses, report him/her to the insurance company, and then take your business to another dentist.

If your tooth has a rod attached to it and it suddenly fell out eating an apple (and you weren't hit in the face or something), then there's probably some decay involved. Plan on a root-canal treatment, post, and crown when all is said and done. If it's less, at least you'll be pleasantly surprised.

dimpelmum
Rating
don´t use super glue, go straight to emergency´s , there must be a dentist in the hospital ,or an emergency number at your own dentist you can call

cute&smart
go to the dentist dont use any glue silly itll juust make it worse

Jenr R
Rating
Clean the tooth and the "rod." Also clean the remaining tooth structure in your gums. Use either toothpaste or Vasoline to hold the tooth in it's socket while you go to Walmart or and other drugstore with a decent oral care aisle. There are temporary dental cements you can buy to safely keep the crown in until you go to the dentist. Make sure the tooth and crown are clean and dry before applying the cement. Don't use superglue, that's dangerous. Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy