Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best toothbrush I can buy for $500?
my papa gave me five hundred dollars to buy a tooth-brush. can you tell me what is the best tooth brush I can buy with just this little amount of money?? thank ...

Can anyone tell me the best way to stop my false teeth falling out?
I was having tea with the local vicar the other day. I took a bite of my cucumber sandwich ( cut into triangles with the crust cut off) and my teeth fell out. Oh! The shame i did'nt know where ...

I think I have an absessed tooth, what should I do?
I know I have to go to the dentist, but they scheduled me for july 5th, and I got a headache because of it. What can I do for now? Should I take tylenol or any other medicine?...

Do braces hurt when you first get them?
I'm getting braces soon,and I just want to know what to ...

Cant sleep chronic toothache, any advice?

How can I prevent bad breath?

What type of toothpaste do you use?

Additional Details
thanks for you response.......

Toothache and wont be able to see a dentist till Thursday?
I cracked my tooth sometime in January 2007 (don't remember the exacted day) but it didn't start hurting till a had some peanuts a week in a half ago. Now the pain is nearly unbearable and I...

Anyone else think having toothache is more painful than giving birth?
I've had Endometriosis and given birth twice but nothing compares to the pain when you have an abscess or tooth problem....

How many toothbrushes have you ?

Wisdom tooth being pulled out?
i am getting my wisdom tooth pulled out on thursday and i am pretty damn nervous... i am expecting a whole lot of pain, if so can you tell me your stories with this, how did you cope with it and how ...

R u afraid of going to the dentist?
I am not I personally love it, cause I love my teeth....

If you've had your wisdom teeth surgically removed...?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. I'm really nervous about it. My bf told me as many details as he could remember about the process, but his were removed a couple years ago, ...

HOW LONG SHOULD U KEEP A tooth brush?
ok. so plz answer my question. i will choose u for best answer but first im gonna go answer one of ur questions . u give ten points then i give u ur points. my tooth brush is kinda old but i cant ...

Can you over brush your teeth?
If you brush your teeth with a regular toothbrush, and without using toothpaste for about an hour a day, can it damage your teeth or your gums?...

If uve had braces... PLEASE HELP ME!?
tomorow i am gonig to the orthadontist for my "moldinggs" or whatever theere called, for my braces. i was sposed to get my braces three years ago but i am TERRIFIED of vomiting... so i am ...

A few questions about getting wisom teeth pulled??
1. how much does it hurt and for how long?
2. do the pain pills they give you for the pain after the pulling cause nausea?
3. will it cause swelling around my face??! school starts on ...

When is it safe to remove stitches?
I had 9 extractions done under sedation on monday evening (3 days ago ) and im wondering when it is safe to remove the stitches.

i originally thought the stitches would disolve however im ...

How long of a recovery from a root canal?
Should I take the whole day off work, or will I feel alright when I leave the dentist office?...

How can I get rid of my bad breath?
I brush my teeth twice a day, floss, use mouth rinse, brush my tongue, and see a dentist regularly. I think it may be because I often have sinus problems and I know that can result in bad breath. Any ...

Cole
Help! I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed?
Alright so I know that the pain after getting your wisdom teeth removed is "different for everybody", but I have this theory that mine won't be very bad simply because all of my wisdom teeth have grown in.

Is that true?? Does it hurt less if my teeth are all in? Because it's pretty much like pulling teeth then...

How long will it take for me to recover??

Bandolera721
Rating
will it really lessen your pain if i answer your question?

curtis
RECOVERY: You`ll have nitemares for the rest of your life. lol

amy m
Rating
girl,you'll be fine.it doesn't even hurt.just be careful don't drink out of a straw.b'c you can get dry sockets and that's what hurts.but i had mine pulled and i was fine .no pain.

DeadlyDismal
Rating
Yes, It will hurt, but don't worry, It will recover pretty soon, in a few weeks. and no, it will not hurt if all your teeth are in.

themistofthisabyss@sbcglobal.net
Rating
You will have pain in jaws, but not that bad of pain. You will be spitting up blood most of the time and your bottom lip will be swollen, but it will probably take three to four days (maybe three) to get back to normal.

searching_please
I had 7 teeth (including 4 wisdom teeth) pulled at the same time. I was on drugs for about 2 days. I was back to work and feeling fine in 4 days. :) Just follow the instructions the dentist gives you (no drinking through straws - use the mouthrinse correctly - etc.) and you'll be fine. :)

I find that Aleve is best for tooth pain, so if your prescription wears off too early, you might ask the doc if it's ok for you to supplement with Aleve.

Good luck! :) You'll be fine! :)

tnbadbunny
Rating
They will sedate you, When you wake up you will not feel much pain, but later you will. If the teeth are in you are right it will hurt less due to the fact they do not have to dig in your gums to get the teeth out. You will be fine

Gary
I went home and had a steak afterwards, my friend was ill for days.

What I am getting at is, everyone is different. Try not to worry.

Shut up Children
IT shouldnt take long, and yes I believe it will be a simpler procedure since they have grown in, but everyone tolerates things different. I say 2, maybe 3-4 days recovery. When I had mine pulled, none were grown in and it wasnt fun, but at least they knocked me out. You'll be fine. good luck!

ღyesღ
I was in pain the first afternoon after having it done. My hubby felt nothing. I was on Vicadin...That made me pass out! Mine were partially grown in...I think the pain just varies for everyone....Good luck!

Luwayla
Rating
Oh my god. I've been putting this off for a year now.
Good luck!!!
Just use loads of Bonjella and take pain killers for the pain.

kathy p
my son ate potato chips that night depends on the dentist.. it is a more and more common thing with dentist now ,, I think its a quick money maker... I still have all mine im 44

sherry s
as long as they are not impacted then it isnt so bad. you will be good an new in 2 or 3 days!!! mostly just soreness so go and get it done and over with!!! you will be just fine!!!

♫Warrior Of Time♫
Rating
I had mine pulled in October. I had all 4 out (I am only 14.) and one wasn't in but it was coming in. I was so scared about getting put out then when it came to getting them out it wasn't bad at all. I woke up though in the middle of it. Then they put me back to sleep. I woke up right away after it was done and my mouth felt very swollen. Then I slept in the recovery room for like 10 minutes and my mom took me home. It wasn't bad for me. I didn't take the painkillers I took Motrin. And I lived off of Frosty's and ice cream and jello for a week. I don't think mine were impacted. If I just let them stay I would of gotten a nasty infection is what the surgeon told me.

dark_oni2008
Rating
Actully it's not that bad and if the teeth are already out it's just like having a tooth pulled.. it'll hurt for a little while after .. but they'll give you some pain meds and it'll go away in about 2 to 3 days.. dont smoke or drink .. it'll irritate the healing...

dont worry youll be fine

Leah L
Don't Worry. You will be Okay. I Had My Wisdom teeth removed At Age 19 and it Hurt Quite A Bit But I Went To the Drug Store And Bought This Tooth And Gum pain Reliever called Orajel And I Put It On My Gums And It Made My Gums Fell numb instantly. it Took me about 3 days to recover by the way and that thing in your paragraph i don't think it is true. Good Luck Recovering,

- Leah

Mike
mine were not in all the way when i had them out and it did not hurt! my gf just had hers out and they were in all the way and she is still crying like a little baby, its been about a week. good luck!

Lincoln Mark Slevin
Rating
Don't worry about it, pain is pain. It'll all be over before you know it. Besides, there are drugs! Try and get them to knock you out for the surgery, I wasn't even nervous them believe it or not.

redunicorn
Mine were bad because they were growing sideways a half inch down below the skin.

You probably will have a minimum amount of pain but just in case--don't make any special plans for 2 days after the surgery.

Take the medicine they give you right away. I delayed and my mouth swelled up.

Good luck.

Radtech1996
Rating
I would say at least a week....be sure to rinse often with salt water often to avoid DRY SOCKET which can be more painful than the extraction itself...

Hipolito M
Rating
few days recovery and yes it will hurt less good luck

Mrs. S
Rating
takes about a week but it will probably still hurt

KandyKayne
I need to have all 4 of mine taken out. I was told that it depends on the type of anesthesia you chose. If you choose the gas, it will hurt a little but if you get put to sleep with a shot (my choice), it won't hurt as bad. It;s going to take about 2 weeks to fully recover cause you will have to get a checkup 1 week later to make sure you don't have any infections. You have to eat soft foods like mashed potatoes & jello the first weeks & gradually move to solid foods in the 2nd week.

Frank the Tank
Rating
they put so much pain killers on your gum that you really dont feel anything. The hard part is after when your tounge naturally feels the gaping holes where your teeth used to be.
It is difficult to eat as food gets stuck in there as well

Andietheowl
I dont know if it will hurt less,

But I do know that the recovery rate varies person to person. Two people I work with got their teeth pulled, one was fine the next day and the other took a little more then a week. Make sure to drink liquids!

bilko_ca
Rating
I had mine removed after they grew in, I was in my late 20's for one, and early 30's for two more.

It can be worse when they're grown in, as the roots are developed, and maybe they didn't grow straight, so it's not a simple extraction... you have to ask... if they grew in straight, why do they need to come out? well, probably because the roots grew in weird (could be other things as well).

It is a painful ordeal which can be planned for. Buy bags of frozen peas or corn so that they can easily mold to your face, get your presriptions filled before you undergo the procedure, make plenty of jell-o or similar types of things that you will be able to eat, have broth ready.

I opted to go under for mine, and it was worth the extra money. you have no idea of it going on, you'll wake up sore from the procedure, have someone ready to take you home, get all situated, then go back to sleep from what is in your system.

From what I recall, it was about 4 days of bad discomfort, the day after the procedure was probably the worst.

good luck!!

Aloe With Monkeys
Rating
Well, It'll take about a week before the pain goes away, and yes, it doesn't hurt as much when all of your teeth are in.

Peter M
Rating
Make sure you have a cold pack handy, as your cheeks will have all kinds of funny colours for the next days.

mark
If they are not impacted they are easier to extract and your recovery will be shorter. If you are doing all 4, that will mean you will be uncomfortable for a week or so. I just had my final 2 removed but I could still use the other side of my mouth.

And, in my opinion, it was not the pain, it was the discomfort of not being able to eat solid foods that was the worst part of the experience.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy