Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I think I have an absessed tooth, what should I do?
I know I have to go to the dentist, but they scheduled me for july 5th, and I got a headache because of it. What can I do for now? Should I take tylenol or any other medicine?...

Do braces hurt when you first get them?
I'm getting braces soon,and I just want to know what to ...

Cant sleep chronic toothache, any advice?

How can I prevent bad breath?

What type of toothpaste do you use?

Additional Details
thanks for you response.......

Toothache and wont be able to see a dentist till Thursday?
I cracked my tooth sometime in January 2007 (don't remember the exacted day) but it didn't start hurting till a had some peanuts a week in a half ago. Now the pain is nearly unbearable and I...

Anyone else think having toothache is more painful than giving birth?
I've had Endometriosis and given birth twice but nothing compares to the pain when you have an abscess or tooth problem....

How many toothbrushes have you ?

Wisdom tooth being pulled out?
i am getting my wisdom tooth pulled out on thursday and i am pretty damn nervous... i am expecting a whole lot of pain, if so can you tell me your stories with this, how did you cope with it and how ...

R u afraid of going to the dentist?
I am not I personally love it, cause I love my teeth....

If you've had your wisdom teeth surgically removed...?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. I'm really nervous about it. My bf told me as many details as he could remember about the process, but his were removed a couple years ago, ...

HOW LONG SHOULD U KEEP A tooth brush?
ok. so plz answer my question. i will choose u for best answer but first im gonna go answer one of ur questions . u give ten points then i give u ur points. my tooth brush is kinda old but i cant ...

Can you over brush your teeth?
If you brush your teeth with a regular toothbrush, and without using toothpaste for about an hour a day, can it damage your teeth or your gums?...

If uve had braces... PLEASE HELP ME!?
tomorow i am gonig to the orthadontist for my "moldinggs" or whatever theere called, for my braces. i was sposed to get my braces three years ago but i am TERRIFIED of vomiting... so i am ...

A few questions about getting wisom teeth pulled??
1. how much does it hurt and for how long?
2. do the pain pills they give you for the pain after the pulling cause nausea?
3. will it cause swelling around my face??! school starts on ...

When is it safe to remove stitches?
I had 9 extractions done under sedation on monday evening (3 days ago ) and im wondering when it is safe to remove the stitches.

i originally thought the stitches would disolve however im ...

How long of a recovery from a root canal?
Should I take the whole day off work, or will I feel alright when I leave the dentist office?...

How can I get rid of my bad breath?
I brush my teeth twice a day, floss, use mouth rinse, brush my tongue, and see a dentist regularly. I think it may be because I often have sinus problems and I know that can result in bad breath. Any ...

Is sugar free chewing gum bad for teeth?

Question for women. toothache or child birth? I was to;d today that toothache is worse. What do you think?

firthantony
Hello is there any sort of calpol or some thing like that what can help me with tooth ache?
any thing but tablets i car'nt take tablets every time i put it on my tongue i'm nearly sick so i just take it out

audi 1
hi bongela its a gel it will numb it strait away can get it from most supermakets chemists hope that helps

xtina
oil of clove, it tastes foul but it works

the_excalibur2001
Rating
One of the best thing's you can use is actually clove oil which you can buy from your chemist usually for about £0.99 a bottle or try bonjela. that usually works.

baby blue
Rating
the pain killers are temporary. the best thing to do if you want to save your money to pay for the pain killers is you need/must see the dentist. stress free once that tooth s gone, it get rid of the bad breath and possible for heart infection because of the bacteria from that decayed tooth.

hah
cloves......hold it between your teeth......poor you, nothing worse than a tooth ache.

Ellie L
You can get soluble paracetamol, or if its just for tooth ache try oil of cloves, natural herbal remedy.

dizzykatty
clove oil. or whiskey,or bongela.

anna banana
Rating
Cloves worked for my 10-year old son last night - good old-fashioned remedies!

Dogsbody
You can bite on cotton wool soaked in Oil of Cloves, you can put Bonjela on it, or you can take soluble pain relief.

Dr Frank
There is both a paracetamol elixir, 250mgs/5mls, an adult dose would be 4x5mls 4-6 hourly and of course soluble paracetamol. Ibuprofen also comes in a liquid form, 100mgs/5mls, again an adult dose would be 4x5mls up to 3 times daily. You could use either or in fact both together.

FC
Get Calpol for older children. To help with the tablets - don't put it on your toungue & try & wash it down with water. Have a mouthful of food, chew it all up and just before you swallow, pop the pill in and swallow it all down together. It's much easier to get the tablets down this way. Also try caplets instead of tablet, They slide down easier. You could try Ibuprofen Caplets - they are often sugar coated and slide down really easily.

neamhni
Nighttime Oraljel.

Sunset
you should see a dentist, because if you take something for the pain fine. But if the problem continues there may be something wrong with the tooth that only a dentist can fix. mean while there are tylenols and other pills that have a special protective coating. So one doesn't feel sick while taking them as you say. I don't know what it's called. Just read the boxes when you go to buy them.

Angel
Hi have you tried soluble paracetamol, they dont taste very nice but if you drink them quick its not too bad and they get in the system very quickly because they are soluble. Take these 2 diluted in water or juice, and also use anbesol Adult strength to numb the pain this is better than anyother gel like bonjela or the others. If the ache doesnt go away you might have a serious problem with your tooth and need it taking out as sometimes no matter what you take or use the pain wont go away. Thats it it is seriouly bad tooth ache though

omex
think it depends whats causing the tooth ache,calpol is for infants,soluble aspirin may be stronger and do the trick for now but i reckon a visit to the dentist asap is the best idea

pammy
Just take calpol that will help. You can also get ibuprofen in liquid form. You can take these both together or at 2 hourly intervals.
E.G. Paracetamol first then 2 hours later ibuprofen and then repeat if you find that the relief is waning off too quickly.

Hope you get better soon.

emiss
Rating
tincture of cloves

dream theatre
bonjela

sandie28
Rating
crush em up and put em in a small amount of water and drink it down quick! followed by lots more water..this works for me xx

nessie
Oil of cloves???? just a thought.

JAMES L
trust me i know about this one as i am the same about tablets
you need to get --------- orajel ---------
it is rapid relief of toothache

put this on the tooth and you be ok

jvstiniann
Rating
Get a topical analgesic. You put it on your tooth and it will numb the pain until you get to a dentist.

jen
Rating
bonjela

Jude
You can take Calpol, just don't take too much by mistake, if you are an adult you are probably safe doubling the dose that children can take.

Bonjella is also quite good for toothache, but make sure first thing in the morning you ring your dentist!

Dry Dreamer
Sorry for you you may find something on here
http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com

plymwayne
Rating
Calpol is paracetamol in solution and although it tastes nice it's not going to work wonders for toothache. Obviously you should be addressing the cause of the toothache in the first instance so seeing a dentist should be your priority rather than masking the symptom of an underlying condition. If the dentist then decides pain relief is required and according to your medical history, allergies etc they my prescribe (in conjunction with your GP) a suitable analgesic in soluable form.

lynno
put 2 teaspoons of vinigar, into half a cup of hot water ,let it cool and use like a mouth wash,about 3/4 times around the tooth,and this will take away your tooth ache.use as often as you like . my granddaughter had a bad tooth ache about 3 weeks ago, and we gave this remedy.and it did,nt come back for 3 days.

rock star
Rating
whisky does the trick for me

Brian V
Dentist

spongebobs biggest fan
why not just take calpol,

your allowed 1000mg of paracetamol theres 500mg per tablet this equates to 4 spoonfuls of calpol tho i have to be honest if its for toothache your beter of with nurofen for kids it tastes exactly like calpol and if its really sore you can take it with the calpol.

watch tho with ibruporfen when working it out your only allowed 400mg of ibruprofen every 4 hours

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.224
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy