Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Why does my teeth have blue mold on them?

Do I need Braces!!?? HELP!?
My friends and eveyone are saying I need braces to fix the big gap between my front teeth and the close other gaps I have and to fix my overbite. So will I need braces??!!
http://s271....

Whats the worse thing you.ve ever eaten?
p.s im edgey to ask,...

Does it hurt alot gettin ur wisdom teeth out?
im gettin all 4 of my wisdom teeth out under general anistetic does it hurt alot!...

Best toothpaste?
which toothpaste whitenings teeth the Absolute best ?...

Is it okay to sedate your kids for a night out?

Additional Details
o.m.g. im surprised that hardly any of you knew i was having a go...............

What do you think when you see people who have braces?
i have to wear those 'train track' brace things, and no one seems to notice them, but im still really paranoid about everyones opinions (dont tell me 'it doesnt matter what other ...

Can coca-cola be used to help whiten the teeth due to the high acidity it has?
Researchers say that coca-cola is a good home remedy to clean the toilet and tub b/c of the high acidity content. Can it also clean the teeth? If it can clean the toilet why not whiten the teeth?...

HELP! OMGEEE I SWALLOWED TOOTH PASTE... IM I GONNA DIE??? OMGEEE What should I do???
THE TOOTH PASTE TUBE SAYS TO GET MEDICAL HELP OR CONTACT A POISON CONTROL CENTER RIGHT AWAY. I DONT WANT DIE PEOPLE. HELP HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!
Additional Details

Should i brush my teeth right now?
i really dont ...

Why do brits have poor dental hygiene?

Additional Details
So ONLY people on tv that are british have bad teeth? How did that become a stereotype if there wasnt a bit of ...

Is this supposed to happen?
WHEN I CLOSE MY MOUTH MY TOP TEETH GO OVER MY BOTTOM TEETH DO I NEED BRACES

ALSO MY TOP TEETH GO ALL THE WAY DOWN ALMOST OVER MY GUMLINE

ALSO MY 2 BOTTOM TEETH GO UP AND DOWN AND...

What brand and colour is your toothbrush?

Additional Details
Mine is pink! Forgot what brand it is thought, ...

How do get rid of bad breath?????

Be honest...how many of you DON'T brush your teeth before going to bed?

Have you had a wisdom tooth removed? Did it hurt much?

Additional Details
I'm not a big fan of blood... or pain for that matter. I get the feeling I'll have a lot of both....

Do you brush your teeth first or have breakfast first?

Are you supose to throw away your toothbrush after so many times?

How to stop braces from hurting? I just got them today?
I got braces on in the morning and they hurt like really really bad. I took some medicine but it doesn't seem to help at all. please help?...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

Nikki
Have you ever used crest whitestrips?
1. can u talk without someone noticing u have something in ur teeth or can u talk correctly and like normal with them in?

2. how long should i wait b4 and after for brushing? i am talking about the classics and therefore they take 30 minutes and 2 times daily.

3. do they work/personal stories...

4. rinse out with water or brush teeth after the 30 minutes?

5. should i use sensodyne toothpaste or the crest vivid white toothpaste morning and night while using them?

ok, so share u or ur family's experience about them!!! thanks. oh and btw if u only know the answer to #1 then only answer #1. all help is greatly appreciated. i will give 10 points to whoever answers best.

Brandon D
they work pretty good, yes you can talk in them, you can brush right after use, brush teeth after 30 minutes, use wat ever toothpaste you want to.

bizkette1
Rating
I have used them for a while now and I love them.
1.) I would try not to use them around other people because you can't really talk with them on. They tend to slip a little.

2.)I brush beforehand. Use one in the morning after brushing, one at night after brushing.

3.)They really do work. What I do is use up a box of them, then don't use them for like two or three months because my teeth get a a little sensitive. I use a whitening toothpaste to upkeep the whitening.

4.) I usually brush before and rinse with water afterward.

5.)Use the vivid white or any other whitening toothpaste.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Ryan H
Better off getting cleaned at the dentist! They didnt work for me!

Lea
Rating
No you cant talk without someone noticing something in your teeth.
They get all gooey and disgusting after a few minutes in your mouth. I don't use them anymore because they're annoying and nasty. And yes you should rinse them out after 30 minutes

hope I helped (:

brunette.
Rating
crest white strips are the best!

1. do it at night, so you can watch tv, or work out, while they're in.
no need to embarrass yourself, by having them in through the day! (:

2. just rinse your teeth after, rinse it hard. i probably wouldn't brush it till a little later, after you get ready to go, than brush your teeth.

3. i found they work really well, i didn't even use them the whole way through, they started working in the first couple of days.

4. i would rinse out. than you won't chance brushing anything off, that needs to settle.

5. stick with the same company, they probably some how complete each other, might as well not chance trying another company.

hope that helps! (:

~Em~
Rating
omg! just read the back of the box and don't talk with those things in you will drule and they will slide off your teeth.

Lucious
Rating
yes...but with juicy speech (spit in your mouth)

do NOT brush your teeth before using the strips (as said on the box)...it WILL burn....& FYI, you can use both of them for 1 hour

i LOVE them...i always get complements on my smile & teeth color...(but then again, i also had braces lol)

you rinse or wipe the gel off at the end

i dont know what sensodyne toothpaste is....but any brand of Crest will work

by the way, if you READ the instructions and the question/answer section inside the box before using them, most of your questions (and then some) can be answered...

happy whitening

Courtney B
ok with whitening strips you caint talk with them in or they will slip out.
after you take out the whitening strips, you should wait atleast an hour or two before brushing.
yes. They work really great...not the first time you put them in and take them out...but after three days of using them...they turn ur teeth white!
it dont really matter what tooth paste you use.
But dont whiting your teeth too much because its not healthy for your gums

eilocal
1. No I can't talk normally with them in. I only do them @ home watching tv.Also creates lots of drool with me if I try to talk too much!
2. I think there is something in the directions about it not brushing before you use them but I think it's ok after.
3. I have had very good results and I don't even do them 2x a day like your supposed to. I probably only do them 3-4 x weekly.
4. I rinse with water after using because I can feel that gel substance and have to get it out, but I have never brushed immediately after.
5. don't know about crest vivid white but I already use sensodyne and the whitestrips can increase sensitivity in your teeth.
Hope this helps, it is my experience with them!

bvides
Rating
1. You're only supposed to have them in for like fifteen minutes or something, so everytime I put them on I do it before bed or when I'm by myself at home. But even so, I've never had any difficulty speaking.

2. I usually rinsed my mouth of and then brushed at least half an hour later.

3. They worked for me decently well. You just have to stick with the program, and use them as often as it says.

4. I just rinsed.

5. I have no idea. But if you are trying to whiten your teeth, I used a toothpaste that my dentist let me sample called Opalescence. It was the BEST thing ever. It whitened my teeth beautifully and it was just the toothpaste alone. One full tube costs about $15 which is pretty pricey, but you may be able to find a dentist, or your dentist, that can give you a sample.

Hope I helped some!

italiangirl209
1. they are noticable but not annoying. put them on while youre home watching tv or something.

2. i use the classics as well and they say to brush after you use the white strips not before. i would wait 20 mins maybe.

3. i think they work... i use them when i think my teeth are fading in whiteness and about the 4th day i can tell a difference.

4. i dont. i wait maybe 20mins to brush because there is still some left over stuff on your teeth after you take off the strip so i just leave it on and wait to brush.

5. not sure. i use crest pro-health toothpaste and mouthwash

-both my mom and i use them and we love them. i think they work well. but you have to go back and use them every few months because the whiteness doesnt stay forever.

andrea
Rating
1. yes...

2. 30 min.s
3. yes, i've got fresh breath and my retainers were not yellow anymore (it's transparent then it yellowed)

4. yes..
5. crest vivid white

jayce
1. You can talk with them in and the person whom you are talking to should be pretty close if they are able to notice them.

2. You should not brush before you use them but you should probably brush afterwards because this gooey residue is left on your teeth. At least it tastes a bit minty.

3. Yes they do work. It took about 3 or 4 days until I could really notice anything but then again you're supposed to do it for 2 weeks. I however stopped using them after about 5 days due to the annoyance of remembering to put them in twice a day. And once they're in your mouth its very hard to keep them on just perfect as everyone's teeth are different. My front teeth are a bit longer than the neighboring teeth so the strips wouldn't stay on just right and my tongue kept folding it over.

4. You can do both after you've taken them out. You should not do this before hand.

5. Being as they are Crest white strips I would suggest sticking with Crest Vivid white toothpaste and like I said before just wait till afterwards to brush.

Hope this helps.

It is what it is
You can talk in them but they can come off and it's not very comfortable talking with them in. They work well. I have used them in the past. I didn't follow the instructions to a tee and only used them once about two or three times a week but they still whitened my teeth. As for when to brush... allow at least a few minutes bec. after you have them in for a while, your teeth could become very sensitive. I have only used the classics and I recommend them... they definitely do work. I also use Crest Vivid White to maintain the whiteness once I stop using them. And yes, my teeth are very white and they look healthier and I look younger too. :) I am thinking about using them again, actually. I still use Vivid White and I swear by it! I usually use two diff toothpastes but always have vivid white for that extra oomph. I also use the electric prohealth toothbrushes bec. they seem to whiten my teeth also and remove stains.

Eddie R
Rating
1. can u talk without someone noticing u have something in ur teeth or can u talk correctly and like normal with them in?
-it really depends on how white your teeth are
2. how long should i wait b4 and after for brushing? i am talking about the classics and therefore they take 30 minutes and 2 times daily.
-just brush tight before
3. do they work/personal stories...
yes.i had bad yellow teeth after a month i had white teeth no lie
4. rinse out with water or brush teeth after the 30 minutes?
-brush before then when done rinse
5. should i use sensodyne toothpaste or the crest vivid white toothpaste morning and night while using them?
-crest it honestly works better

Collette J
Rating
1. yes you can talk, but they are visible.
2. if I remember correctly, you should not brush right before or right after applying them. check the box.
3. yes, they work. I used them right before I got married and people commented on how nice my teeth looked.
4. after the 30 minutes, just swish water around in your mouth and spit it out.
5. some people have a sensitivity to whiteners, so I would not mix the strips with whitening toothpaste.

Adam K
Rating
1. Not really. You tend to drool a fair bit and they are somewhat obvious on your teeth.

2. I used to use white strips around noon and skip brushing at that time. Brush in morning and at night.

3. Yes! I used them almost a year ago and my teeth are still white!!!

4. If you rinse or brush, your teeth will lose the chemical off them. I waited at least an hour AFTER removing them. Yeah, your mouth will taste pastey but its worth it.

5. I used NORMAL crest toothpaste and it worked fine for me. Could try the vivid white if you wish it to be white faster, or the sensodyne if your teeth are becoming sensitive

plentyoflifeexp
Rating
I LOVE CREST WHITE STRIPS!!!
After wearing braces for 4 years as an adult and then a jaw surgery..the last thing that I wanted to do was pay more money for whitening,,so I purchased the regular crest white strips.
I would brush with my spin brush using Crest Whitening expressions (cinnamon rush)..of course I'd floss first to make sure every area got whitened...
Then I'd put on my strips and do whatever around the house.
You can't really talk with them on because they tend to slide around if you do.
I'd wear mine for about an hour instead. Then Brush again.
For faster results...do 2 sets in a row.
Then rinse all the time with cool mint listerine.
Your teeth might get slightly sensitive the first time with the strips, so start out as directed by Crest.
This is just what whitened my teeth super fast instead of waiting a week or two. But they def work!
I'm a crest fanatic now.

CONFUSED PANDA
no, they're bad for your teeth, homie.
you're LITERALLY bleaching your teeth and making it weaker/more senstitive.
if you want white teeth, just freaken buy "extra whitening" toothpaste and brush your teeth more often.
DUH!

Gia Lucia
Rating
I used the night white ones, they are kind of messy and hard to stay in place but they work awesome. You can deffinitely notice you have them in and it is normal to have a lisp while having them in. Iwas instructed to brush my teeth before use, but they leave a residue that is hard to not brush off. I'd stick to a whitening tooth paste like close up or crest vivid white. As far as combining whitening strips and whitening toothpaste i'd advise you to just give your dentist a quick call, all those chemicals can't be good for your enamel and you don't want to mess with or weaken your teeth.

ary84
Rating
1. it is kinda hard to talk with them on so i normally wear them while i shower and get ready for bed
2. brush right before you put then on that way you won't have any plaque on your teeth so they will stick to your teeth better
3. yes they work really well
4. you can brush your teeth after
5. if your teeth are sensitive you can use that but if u aren't sensitive no need to change your toothpaste if you are sensitive maybe just try bleaching once a day for 30 min!
work at a dentist office so i promise this is correct!

Noe T
1. Not really, because if you try to talk normally, they tend to slip off.

2. You shouldn't brush right before you use them and you can brush them right after.

3. Yes. In just 7 days, my teeth were amazing, I got compliments all the time, and the whiteness last long.

4. I usually just brush the residue off with water instead of tooth paste.

5. Doesn't really matter because you won't care when you see the results just from the strips

mm12
Rating
i heard they make ur teeth sensitive

Builtit
My friend that is a dentist says they work great on adolescent teeth and do nothing for adults. So if you know a 9 year old that needs whiter teeth I guess they are great.

illrockurworld521
hey i wouldnt pass on this product to any of my friends and family they have a awful taste that mixes with your saliva and its not a pretty picture it burned and they left this awful taste in my mouth the whole day...... sorry to bring down the product you seemed eager to use..... but they really are terrible. just as a side note after all i put up with with the strips i noticed my teeth to only be a tiny bit whiter so i would not recommend this product......
thanks

katie
1. You can talk w/ them in....but not really well, and not in public (maybe in your home w/ family) they slide around, and get really gooey.

2. You don't brush before! But you can brush immediately after (if I remember correctly) and you can def. rinse w/ water.

3. I think they work well! (I need to purchase them, I keep forgetting) They don't get your side teeth, but they do your front teeth very well. They do hurt my teeth though, BAD and sensodyne toothpaste does help.

All in all, they really work. But they are kinda painful.
Don't brush before....it's wierd, but your not supposed too!!! Good luck! And thanks for reminding me that I need to get the strips (I am getting married in 20 days)

Aether
1. When I first used them I generated a lot of saliva. I wouldn't suggest going out in public for a few days.

2. I probably didn't use them correctly, but I brushed about 5 minutes after taking them off.

3. They worked well for me. Even after having them on for a few days, my teeth were whiter.

4. I rinsed first, then brushed.

5. I used sensodyne toothpaste just because my teeth tend to be a sensitive.

I hope I helped. If you need more information, you should have an instruction booklet if you got them in a package or something.

grchick12
Rating
1. well for me it was difficult to talk, but i usually put them in while i took a shower so that no one had to hear me =]

2. i brushed right before putting them on. left them on for 20 minutes, then brushed immediately after.

3. they worked for me. you really can see a difference withing a few days/weeks.

4. i would brush your teeth after taking them off, because they leave kinda like a gooey-like substance on your teeth.

i hope this helps =]

brownfrosting
After removing the strips from wearing them for 30 mins. u should rinse with water first, swishing it around in your mouth as if it was mouthwash and brush. The strips do tend to make your teeth sensitive, especially if u leave them on for more than the recommended 30 mins. so sensodyne would be a good toothpaste to use. I personally think that they should be used at home due to the fact that they do make u salivate a little more plus u will need to brush afterwards. They absolutely do work and depending on the color of your teeth before use, most see an immediately difference after the first day.........Good Luck ...............Remember to brush after and NOT before and also when placing the strips on, try to avoid placing them on your gums, of course they will touch the gum area but for example use more of the strip to fold behind the teeth than to put on the gum...hope u get what I mean.......It is a good product

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy