Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Could i use ?
cillit bang to whiten my teeth ? afterall theyre enamel and so is my bath
Additional Details
sun m - im from the uk , its a product ...

Breath problems!?
i have bad breath and need help getting rid of it. i brush my teeth every morning floss and and listerine and at night i use act. i brush my toung and also go to the dentist every 6 months to get my ...

Who uses mouthwash as part of their oral hygiene?
I don't really use it, but I floss and brush 2x daily, but which one is better, Listerine or Crest Pro-Health Rinse?...

What can I eat and cant eat when I have braces?
I just recently got braces yesterday. My teeth are very sore ! Is there anything i can eat without damaging my braces? And what should I avoid?? Because right now its like a have a hug strip of metal ...

What is the best treament for a seven month old baby that is teething really bad and cant sleep?

How often should i brush my teeth,currently i`m doing it once a week, is that sufficient?

What is the best toothbrush I can buy for $500?
my papa gave me five hundred dollars to buy a tooth-brush. can you tell me what is the best tooth brush I can buy with just this little amount of money?? thank ...

Can anyone tell me the best way to stop my false teeth falling out?
I was having tea with the local vicar the other day. I took a bite of my cucumber sandwich ( cut into triangles with the crust cut off) and my teeth fell out. Oh! The shame i did'nt know where ...

I think I have an absessed tooth, what should I do?
I know I have to go to the dentist, but they scheduled me for july 5th, and I got a headache because of it. What can I do for now? Should I take tylenol or any other medicine?...

Do braces hurt when you first get them?
I'm getting braces soon,and I just want to know what to ...

Cant sleep chronic toothache, any advice?

How can I prevent bad breath?

What type of toothpaste do you use?

Additional Details
thanks for you response.......

Toothache and wont be able to see a dentist till Thursday?
I cracked my tooth sometime in January 2007 (don't remember the exacted day) but it didn't start hurting till a had some peanuts a week in a half ago. Now the pain is nearly unbearable and I...

Anyone else think having toothache is more painful than giving birth?
I've had Endometriosis and given birth twice but nothing compares to the pain when you have an abscess or tooth problem....

How many toothbrushes have you ?

Wisdom tooth being pulled out?
i am getting my wisdom tooth pulled out on thursday and i am pretty damn nervous... i am expecting a whole lot of pain, if so can you tell me your stories with this, how did you cope with it and how ...

R u afraid of going to the dentist?
I am not I personally love it, cause I love my teeth....

If you've had your wisdom teeth surgically removed...?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. I'm really nervous about it. My bf told me as many details as he could remember about the process, but his were removed a couple years ago, ...

HOW LONG SHOULD U KEEP A tooth brush?
ok. so plz answer my question. i will choose u for best answer but first im gonna go answer one of ur questions . u give ten points then i give u ur points. my tooth brush is kinda old but i cant ...

Lolly â„¢
Given the choice, what would you do?
my dentist has offered me two options, get my tooth out, or get root canal treatment. Its a back molar and I don't know whether to just go for it and get it pulled out or give the root canal treatment a go... i've been told that root canal weakens the tooth so i'll eventually have to get a crown and then have to have the tooth removed anyway, so is there any point??

please let me know your thoughts on the subject :o)

littledevilinyourcup
get it pulled! I had a back molar root canaled and afterwards all I had was one problem after another with that tooth. Infection, cracked tooth bite alignment was not right crown came off twice. Finally got it pulled and have had not a single problem

miamia
In my experience getting a tooth pulled is much easier than a root canal. Your mouth might be sore for a day after you get it pulled, but with a root canal, a couple days. Plus- you are right, you will eventually have to get that tooth crowned and that costs a lot of money!! Mine was 1000 dollars just for the crown. So in my opinion its less work and less expensive to just get it pulled!

Hope this helps!

jamand
Rating
Have the tooth taken out - Root Canal is OK in short term but the tooth will eventually go brown and have to come out anyway! Why have treatment done twice

vicky m
Rating
if i was in your show i would off in the first place kept brushing them after every meal because im scared of the dentist and every time i go i always get away free with out anything done too me but just get it pulled out

<3Lauren<3
Rating
Get the tooth pulled out. I'm 13 and i've had 2 back teeth pulled out, it hurt but it's nothing compared to root canal treatment. My friends mum had it donen and she told me that she couldn't eat for ages (( had to have soup for days)). And it hurts your gums

Hope this helps lauren x

jojo78
Rating
if its atooth you cant see, i.e at the back of your mouth then just have it out its cheaper and easier

Rachael H
i had a root canal filling a while back, it does weaken the tooth, it eventually crumbled and i had it removed, looking back i wish id had it removed

Starbucks25
Rating
Root canal is a temporary solution to getting the tooth out. It will last a while but you cant beat the inevitable.

LISA T
have you ever had a root canal i would op for the tooth being taken out, who's going to see a tooth missing if its a back one, going through that pain to have a root canal done then you might have the tooth taken out in a few years time and more pain.Have it pulled out lol xx

The Original Highbury Gal
Rating
It;s worth trying to save the tooth, root canal is the last result.
Once the tooth has been root treated there will only be the remaining walls of the tooth left so a crown will be made for you.
If you have the tooth removed and them some years later decide you'd like something in it's place it may prove difficult, if it's a lower molar the tooth above it will slowly over time move in to it's space and your bite will be out and this will make replacing it a difficult job (hope this makes sense)

Felicia S
Rating
Personally I'd just have it taken out, if it was near the front though I wouldn't.

mercedes
it hurts like crazy to get a tooth pulled but i think youre better off doing it. i had like 3 pulled. if you are going to have to go back after a root canal, you should just get it over with.

333-half-evil-333
tooth out

stephanie a
Rating
Go for having the tooth removed unless you don't have may other teeth, root canal hurts like mad.

cjastone@btinternet.com
Have the tooth out it is easiest in the long run.

emmalue
Even though they may not show, "back teeth" are very important. Your mouth was meant to chew with all of your teeth, and when one is lost, it effects the remaining ones.

Teeth drift and move when there is a gap, causing biting problems.

It's better to save a tooth if at all possible. It could cost you much more pain and $$$ later on if you remove it.

lucyjake3
Rating
i have been there and opted for the removal of the tooth!
its not at the front so nobody sees it and it costs less too!

Nirmala
keep the tooth. your own teeth are better than something artificial. root canals may not fail and last forever .

?
I would have it removed. I had a root canal filling on my front tooth, it discoloured and I had to have a veneer, which I knocked off diving into a pool. It really does weaken the tooth and there is no blood/oxygen supply to it anymore. I eventually had to have a post crown as it fell out at a BBQ. If it's a back tooth, only you will be aware of it.

Gabriele
Rating
Always save a tooth if possible, when removing them you lower you immune system.

lola
been there and done that!!

i had the same choice last year, a back molar that either needed to come out or have a root canal.

i chose to have it taken out,
one of the major factors in my choice was that it cost £40 to have it removed and would have been £350++ to have the root canal and consequent treatment - a no brainer really.

as its a back tooth you don't notice it even when you smile or laugh with your mouth open.

if you do have it out salt water mouthwashes are the best thing to help it heal.

good luck.

Iain B
Rating
I've had a root canal done on one of my molars.
It took ages and was a nightmare. What was left of the tooth broke up after a couple of years Causing much pain and further work to get the root pulled.
I have also had root canal on an incisor with no problem, done over 15 years ago.
My advice would be to get a molar pulled.

angie
Rating
given the choice i would have it removed and then its done and over with

Spence
As long as it is a back tooth and it is the only one needing root canal I would just say have it pulled. It won't affect the alligning of your other teeth, and no one can see you will have a tooth missing, so what does it matter.

Weed
if it was me, I would have it out,

Charm
Rating
If it was me and you couldn't see the tooth I would have it pulled. Your dentist would prob recommend root canal .. twice the work therefore more money!

sparky
if you want to keep your own teech as long as possible have the root canal treatment. It is a very sore thing and takes a good bit of the dentists time. I HAVE had one done. But because of another thing happening had to get the tooth out. this treatment is sore and expensive.

foggy
Although its more expensive I personally would keep the tooth and have root canal. even though you cannot see the molar it is still a very important tooth especially for chewing your food. in my opinion it always best to save a tooth if you can.

FC
I would recomend the root canal. It is better to keep the root in there so that the other teeth you have don't start to move about. I have two root canals which have been crowned and my teeth are quite straight. If I had the tooth out I would probably now have loads of gaps + your tooth on the opposite jaw needs a tooth to bite onto.

The Peoples' Answerer
Rating
It is better to get the Root Canal done. This way you can save your actual tooth, and always later have the option to get it removed instead. My brother is a dentist, and usually recommends this to his patients who ask the same question.

deborah
i had the same problem last year i decided to get the root canal even though you cant see the tooth at the back of my mouth when i smile i wanted to keep the tooth i had a crown put on it in January it cost with insurance $450 for both procedures but I'm glad i had it done i chew food with that tooth

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy