Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How do the dentist numb ur mouth and does it hurt?
also im getting 2 baby teeth pulled ...

How can we be sold poison in our toothpaste?
Just ask yourself if you've ever read the ingredients on your toothpaste and find out what they are and what their affects are on your health? Not every kind is toxic but you should be very ...

Do we really eat spiders in our sleep?
my mom told me that once, idk if it was bc i was bein a wiseass 2 her and she knows i hate spiders so she said it 2 scare me or what..but i wanna kno if it's ...

If i use bleach on my teeth (that you use for clothing) would it be totally stupid?
i mean...would it kill me?not swooshing it in my mouth but using a q-tip or somthing.....i know this is a weird question but i cant find anything that will whiten my teeth at all!!...

Does it hurt when u get braces???
Im getting them tomorrow, and im soooo nervous!!!...

Can someone tell me, What is this obsession the American have with teeth?

Additional Details
sorry I forgot the "s "on A...

TOOTACHE..... really bad. cant see dentist till 12th June. How can i reduce pain till then?

Braces help. please answer. desperate!?
ok well im not desperate, but i really need an answer. Any advice would be helpful

what color should i get for the brackets?
clear
silver
pink and black
white and pink<...

I'm having my wisdom teeth removed...?
I'm going to be put to sleep via IV and all four of my wisdom teeth are impacted. I'm having it done this Thursday in the morning. What should I expect? How long do you think it will take ...

When you brush your teeth, is it good for you to brush your tongue?

Can I take my own braces off?
I need my braces off pronto, but I'm a college student, and I don't have the money to pay for them to be taken off, i joined the marines, and for me to go to basic training, I need them ...

How long until the numbness in my mouth wears off?
I went to the hygienist and she cleaned the bottom half of my mouth, She stook a needle in my gums so I wont feel any pain and now my bottom half is full of blood and I am talking wierd because half ...

What's a good remedy for toothache?
I disrupted a nerve the other day and It's killing me.
I'm 6 months pregnant so I can't take most pain killers and paracetamol is not helping....

Toothache please help.?
I have really bad toothache from a heavy filled tooth,
the pain is constant and painkillers dont seem to help much i cant hardly talk or eat with the pain which radiates up into my cheeks and ...

How do I tell a co-worker he smells bad?
It's not B.O., I think it comes from his mouth. I hate to mention it cuz it will hurt his feelings but sometimes the whole office ...

Is it bad to swish pure hydrogen peroxide in your mouth to whiten teeth?

We took out 2 1/2 year old to a pediatric dentist and they told us he had 15 cavities.?
it felt like were were just a number being called the dentist took all of five mintues with him said he will need to have this done in the operting room and said my secretary will schedule it. what ...

I get four wisdom teeth removed in ten hours and I am nervous.?
I just saw a picture on the inernet a huge hole where the tooth went it was like 2 inches deep. Im 15 and nervous what should i do to calm down my nervousness....

How do I get rid of wisdom teeth pain???
My wisdom teeth came in last year, and it seems like my top left ones are rubbing against my gums on the bottom. I can't afford to go get them taken out, but I was wondering if there were any OTC...

Does it hurt getting your teeth professionally cleaned at a dentist?

Random2932
Does throwing up rot your teeth?

enquiring mind
Yes, especially if you throw up frequently. Stomach acid can do nasty things to your teeth.

casey
Rating
My friend threw up often (bulimic) and her teeth turned a greenish-gray....very gross. And her breath always smelled horrible due to the damage.

man_u_fan2000
Rating
yes it does... the acids in your stomach react with the enamel and dissolve it. Most bulimics find that their teeth start to go bad after a while (along with their hair, skin and general health.)

ren
Rating
The acid in your stomach can eventually lead to tooth decay and then lead to rotting your teeth

hardcoretough
Rating
no it does not rot ur teeth im sure of it

Laura Bunny
Rating
Yes, they could just basically turn to chalk. That is one of the health defects of bulimia. You could lose all of your teeth, but only if you do it constantly.

emmabell22
Regular vomiting can damage tooth enamel, as when you throw up there is a lot of stomach acid in it, which contains hydrochloric acid.

Knudt
Rating
NO

Mystic_Angel
Rating
yes. the acid from your throw up can rot teeth. always rinse your mouth or brush your teeth after you throw up.

get on with it
Yes, it does.

- - - - -
yes...stomach acid most definitely wears away your teeth

durb1215
Rating
yes it can the acid from your stomach can eat away your teeth if you are throwing up alot .

xdecomposinghatex
Rating
yes, because the acids from your stomach rots your teeth.

as long as you don't throw-up regularly, though, your teeth will be fine.

TonyPags
The stomach acid in vomit is very bad for your teeth. You should brush your teeth after you vomit to help prevent tooth decay.

devvet
In the long-term (if throwing up is continual) acid from your stomach will cause your teeth to detoriorate.

Cherriest
Yes, it could be very damaging on the teeth due to the acidity of it. It is recommended that you brush after vomiting. Bulemics often have severe dental problems due to constant vomiting.

chartley
Rating
Yes, overtime. My ex was a bullimic and her gum was pretty bad from throwing up, I guess from the acid in it.

nopers
Yes. I always brush my teeth before and after throwing up.

Brianna
Rating
yes the stomach acid eats away the enamel on the back of your teeth

qwerty456
Constant vomiting can damage your teeth. The stomach acids can errode and rot your teeth.

captain
Rating
Yes. The acid make-up in vomit has the same disentigrating properties as sugar. It will rot your teeth.

☼♥Sweet Qt ♥☼
Frequent vomiting will cause dental problems. Decay, erosion of the dental enamel and abrasion from grinding your teeth (bruxing) are the major causes of tooth loss. The increased acidity caused by vomiting or even untreated reflux can lead to severe erosion of the enamel surface of your teeth, especially in the upper jaw. When this enamel is eroded the softer inside part (dentine) is exposed.

There are observable signs and symptoms of dental and oral hygiene problems which occur with frequent vomiting, however some of these may only be identifiable by your dentist:

* Chemical erosion of the tooth enamel (increased acidity due to vomiting);
* Thermal hypersensitivity (which is when your teeth are cold or hot sensitive);
* Enlargement of salivary glands;
* Dryness of the mouth and decreased salivary flow;
* Redness of throat and soft palate;
* Reddened, dry lips, fissured at angle to lips.

principalhorton
Continual vomiting is very hard on your body. It not only destroys the enamel on your teeth, but affects your esophagus and other organs (like being hard on your heart)

flamebabe9
Rating
ewww

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy