Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Is chocolate bad for you teeth?
becasue it actually has got sugar is it,
so it better for you then sweets or ...

How do you pull out a loose tooth with little to no pain?

Do crest whitestrips work?
i got the classic kind that you use for 14 days. dont tell me to use another brand because i spent like $25 on these & im not going back to the store. i just want to know your results.

I have braces and my brother makes fun of me?
He calls me brace face or mental mouth. I hate him. He is 16. I told on him but he still does it. He won't stop. I feel like beating him up....

How can I get rid of bad breath?

White teeth?
Is there anyway to get white teeth without using any products? Please tell!...

Braces?????
Heyy, I'm getting braces in a couple of weeks and I'm nervous. I don't know if it's going to hurt or not. I don't know if my mouth is going to be sore. I don't know if ...

I'm supposed to get all 4 wisdom teeth pulled, but only one is bothering me?
I am 17 years old and my dentist told me that I should have all four of my wisdom teeth pulled, but only one is showing. Or at least I think only one, because there is only one that is giving me ...

How much do braces cost?
my dentist recomends me to get braces but we are scared how much it is going to cost and im really ...

At home remedy for canker sores?
I have braces and lately if they rub against the inside of my mouth & irritate it soon turns into a canker sore (not a cold sore). I have stuff to numb it, but that doesn't seem to make ...

My tooth hurts really bad, im in agony.?
i have taken ibuprofen 400mg, solpadol and pseudoephedrine. tooth hurts aswell as ear. i took the decongestion to relieve sinus pressure.
Used difflam mouthwash to gargle with, and used clove ...

Do I grind my teeth while I sleep?
I think I might be grinding my teeth while I sleep. because when i wake up my jaw hurts. it seems to be getting worse. It feels like i put a whole packet of chewing gum in my mouth and chewed on it ...

Braces?!?!?
I am going to be getting braces soon, like b4 school starts, and i wanted to know sum tips, and stuff i'd need to know about braces. I also want to know how bad they hurt, like on a scale of 1 ...

How many teeth are there in the human mouth?
excluding wisdom teeth
Additional Details
JL: Because I'm not human, duh!...

Can you use superglue safely on dental caps?

Dose it hurt?
i have been told i have cavaty (holes) in my teeth and i have to get a filling but i have to get a jab and there going to dril my teeth a bit so they can do the filling i have got 5 to get ...

BRacES......................
Ok well i hate my braces and does anyone know how to make braces less hatable??? best answer.....10...

What's the best way to clean my tounge? (toothbrush tickles my tounge bad)?

Anyone else this scared of the dentist?
I need to go to the dentist but I'm petrified of them. At my last checkup the dentist had to leave the room because I was so stressed out and shaking uncontrollably. Anyone else this bad and ...

Braces Help ASAP!!!?
On my bottom braces, the end of the wire all the way to the end of the side of my mouth pulled out of it's bracket. I asked my mom to cut it because it was poking me like heck. She did, and then ...

~mizzirirsitable
Does it hurt when you get a filling in you tooth for a cavitity?
my dentist said i need filling for a cavity (even though i cant see the cavity) but i need to know if it will hurt

jessiecattopolous
Rating
Oh god, you'll die!

who8mycookies
You don't have feeling in your teeth but only in the nerves that are inside your teeth. So unless the cavity is deep enough to expose the nerve, you wont feel a thing. If the nerve is exposed, the dentist will know to use an anesthetic in which case... you wont feel a thing :O)

Crystal Violet
Rating
You will almost never "see" a cavity since they are very small. The dentist has special tools that allow him to "feel" them before they are visible.

Having the tooth drilled and filled should not hurt because they put a numbing gell on your gum, to numb the area where they give you a novocaine shot. The shot numbs the area COMPLETELY. During the drilling and then he will fill it.

If you have a choice get a "white or Composite" filling. The look like natural tooth, and since it adhears to your tooth, they don't have to drill away extra tooth to make the metal stay.

Godo luck

peaches
It depends on how big and deep the cavitiy is. Some peoples threshold for pain is more than others. But the detist should provide you with a topical, novacaine and you can ask for nitrous oxide that will make you relax if you are afraid of the pain. Some detists even give a sedation pill to some patients.

quilt-babe
no--you'll be fine!
Good job for taking care of you teeth and "catching" this early!!

vanillasplit
Rating
Not really I actually went in and god 2 cavities filled yesterday and they didn't even numb me, and it really didn't hurt that bad,,,if anything a little pressure. But, if I were you i'd still go numb--I may be pregnant,that's why they didn't numb me.

lifes_heart
Rating
no it won't hurt at all. They numb the surrounding area and the tooth before they drill on it and fill it back in.

BabeHeart
Rating
Your dentist will numb the area with Novocaine so you won't feel much at all...there may be a bit of discomfort, but shouldn't be anything much at all...it's just not a fun thing to go through, but it shouldn't be painful...just annoying and a bit uncomfortable...

Navy girl
no not what ever!! it just gets relly boring. it dose sound funny though. it feeld like you are eating and have you hands over you ears

pinkcontact
it didnt hurt at all but u got 2 open ur mouth really wide n stuff i asked my sister if hers hurt she said yeah i was shocked cause i hav like 6 fillings n none of them hurted but the taste was really bad

Megan
Rating
no not if they numb you

Tigger
No. The dentist will anesthize the area first, and maybe prescribe a painkiller afterwards. But if you can't take prescription painkillers (and I can't without getting sick), then use tylenol.

Good luck!

Dr.puneeta v
no it does not hurt much nly if d cavity is too deep it can tease ur nerve endings n hurt in dat case u can tell ur dentist n he wud anaesthetise ur tooth n work acc to situation . u will normally get a sensation of heat n cold rather then pain .

I am watching your every move.
u do realize that cavities are not visable
and u do realize that it doesnt hurt much at all...right?

deedee
After they numb you you wont feel anything.It not bad at all

H
Just a little bit, if you are really concern, u can ask your dentist to lump it for u. It's not too bad

SxyPR
Rating
I had 13 cavities in my teeth!!!!!! It does not hurt - they put the needle in you - just a pinch. That is the extent of the pain. Then they drill away and put your filling. It does not hurt at all

finewhatever2
If your dentist is good, the worst part is getting the shot at the beginning. My dentist numbs my gums before putting the shot in, so I don't even feel it. A filling is not painful, just annoying.

curiositycat
Rating
No, they will give you anesthesia for the procedure. You might feel a little pressure, like something is pushing on your jaw, but you shouldn't feel any pain. You will drool and be swollen after for a bit while you are numb, but it isn't that bad of an experience.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, December 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy