Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I just got my braces today...?
My teeth feel sore when I eat. When is the soreness gonig to go away?
Additional Details
You guys sound like I'm going to die or something. It's not really that bad, only when I...

How do i make my bad breath away?

How often should you change your toothbrush?

My dentist says I need a Root Canal...but I have no pain. Is he just 'drilling' for money?!?
I like to think I have taken pretty good care of my teeth in my 41 years. Growing up I didn't go to a dentist with any regularity, to my embarrasment. I had braces for nearly 4 years getting ...

Iam currently on methdone and is it good not to take it the day iam getting my dentist sedation?
Iam on methadone but prefer not to tell dentist so is it better i dont take it on the day of my sedation....

On a scale of 1 tp 10, how much does the actual process of putting on braces hurt?

Additional Details
I meant to spell "to" instead of "tp."...

What should'nt i eat with braces on?
i got braces on yesterday and my teeth really hurt and i find it hard to eat. what should'nt i eat with braces?

+ can u give me any other tips for my ...

My gums are a little swollen any suggestions on what i can do to relieve them?

Teeth whitening with..clorox?? I actually knew ppl who've done this..has anyone ever heard of it? sounds bad4u
I didn't believe that they actually used clorox bleach when I asked how they got their teeth so white, so I made them show me. and they did! They put a small amt. of bleach on a washcloth and ...

What's the best way to get rid of mouth ulcers?

When does the pain go away from a root canal procedure?
I had a root canal done on Wednesday and it still hurting a lot what can I do?...

Can a persom really die from an absessed /bad tooth?

I'm afraid of needles! Pease Help!?
I need to go get a blood test, but I'm afraid to please ...

Wisdom teeth removal and valium?
would taking valium after you had your bottom wisdom teeth removed help at all for the pain? i got them out 7 hours ago and the ibuprofen doesn't seem to be working....

Is chewing gum (wrigley's extra) bad for you?
chewing ...

Wisdom teeth at 15?! im scareddd!!?
my chriopractor took an xray of my neck && you could see my teeth and he said one of my wisdom teeth is comin in and its wayy too close to the tooth its next to && i have braces so ...

I've never been to a orthodontist i want to know what to expect?
-getting ...

Should I get braces (invisalign)?? PICS?
I've already had them, but never wore my retainer....i don't know if this picture will really show you my teeth very well, but do you think i should get them straigthened again with ...

Strawberries help whiten teeth?
is that true?...

Teeth extremely sensitive for a long time from Crest White Strips?
I used the strips for the first time last night and all was fine until I woke up this morning and my bottom 2 middle teeth have been very sensitive for a few hours now. Should I discontinue or is ...

geniarodeo@sbcglobal...
Does it hurt when the dentists pull out your teeth?

latina daydreamer
it can depends on you.on some people local anesthetics dont work so in that case i would let your dentist know and he might be able to treat you a different way and after they are pulled not so much just alittle sore not too bad

catrainbowtokyo
Yeah, it really hurts like hell kinda think of it. It really hurts like hell when somebody is pulling out my teeth. If I have a dentist, he would have a gentle touch and has anastesia so when he pulls out my teeth, I won't feel a thing!

*azn princess*
i only get a tooth pulled out when it is loose b4. and he just puts numbing stuff on ur gums. and when he pulls it out, it doesnt hurt at all.

Blunt Honesty
Not if he knows what he is doing. The dentist will numb the mouth, and in some cases give you nitrous oxide to allow you to sleep through it. They will also prescribe some pain pills if you have pain after the Novocaine has worn off.

P*Kitty
Rating
if he numbs you, you shouldn't feel anything and for afterwards you should request some pain meds...

Casey
Rating
Afterwards, it does. It's generally not really INTENSE pain, though, so don't worry about it, okay? And plus they give you lots of good pain killers.:)

philcheeze
not really if they numb ya up good then it dont really hurt but you still feel a lot of pressure and pulling sometimes your tooth cracks too but its not that bad

gloribelllebron
Rating
No! They use anaesthesic

wordchooser
I have worked in Oral surgery for 10 years. Dentistry is a bit differ ant. Dentist do know who to extract teeth they are taught to. Oral surgeons do extractions mainly and most use Sodium Brevatol for anesthesia. If you have an abscess it is sometimes hard for Novocaine(zylocaine,carbocaine) to take affect because of the infection so there might be pain during the extraction(pulling)of the tooth. But you have to understand that there is going to be pressure during the procedure which alot of people have difficult differentiating the difference. If you are put to sleep it takes alot of pressure all the way around for you the doctor and the assistants
and it is much quicker BUT more expensive Make sure you check up on the back ground of any Doctor there are alot out there that screw up.
Been there done it.
Good Luck ,Be Safe Hope all goes well for whom ever or when ever this occurs.

tkron31
They should give you Novocaine or something so it shouldn't. The only problem is, your mouth will be totally numb afterwards and it might hurt for a couple days once the painkiller wears off.

cnalittlebit2002
no

marshacallane
For a long time I was very fearful of going to the dentist because it was so painful. Today there are so many things available to make trips to the dentist a walk in the park. A good dentist will use appropriate things such as local anesthesia or gas to make dental extraction painless. Not going to the dentist may mean a lot of painful infections, some of which are quite serious and even damaging to your health, that are a lot more painful than a trip to the dentist.

jay
Rating
no it dosen't... in fact u feel happy wen he pulls ur rotten tooth out!

puzzle55usa
If your numbed right all you will feel is the pressure of the operations. If your not numbed right you will feel a pinch and some good pain. Just grip those arm rests and stay still.

verityy
Well, when they pull out your teeth, they will first numb your gums first such that you do not feel anything when they pull it out.

After the numbness is gone however, you will start a feel a little pain.

But compared to having a CONSTANT TOOTHACHE, having short term pain nad being able to enjoy peace after that is so worth it, don't you agree?

John A
Rating
Not if s/he's knocked you out. Get the full anesthesia and you'll be fine! Had all four wisdom teeth pulled... woke up, felt fine.

sarayu
Rating
No. Necessary local anesthesia will be given. In case where necessary, x-rays are taken of the root of the tooth to clearly identify use of tools for extraction. It is a very simple procedure. Extraction of teeth will not be done, when one is anemic or with swollen gums.
VR

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy