Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Be honest...how many of you DON'T brush your teeth before going to bed?

Have you had a wisdom tooth removed? Did it hurt much?

Additional Details
I'm not a big fan of blood... or pain for that matter. I get the feeling I'll have a lot of both....

Do you brush your teeth first or have breakfast first?

Are you supose to throw away your toothbrush after so many times?

How to stop braces from hurting? I just got them today?
I got braces on in the morning and they hurt like really really bad. I took some medicine but it doesn't seem to help at all. please help?...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

When did you last go to the Dentist?
Not happy I have 7 appointments....

My partner has really bad breath?
my partner has been suffering with bad breath he has been to the dentist and had them cleaned and brushes his teeth twice a day can anyone recommended anything as it is really ...

Do retainers hurt?
I'm getting my braces of soon and I'm getting a removable retainer on top and one gued down to the bottom. Anyway back to the question, do retainers hurt as much as braces?...

How bad to root canals hurt?
I have a dentist appointment today in about an hour and a half for a root canal. I've never had one before and I'm a bit worried. How much does it hurt? How long will it hurt? Will it hurt ...

After you use mouthwash are you suppose to wash your mouth out with water?
Also, what is the order your suppose too brush, floss, and use mouthwash??

When you wake up, should you eat before or after you brush your teeth?

Do you walk around while you brush your teeth?
Can you help resolve a question between my spouse and me? Do you stay in the bathroom the whole time while you are brushing your teeth or do you walk around the house?...

Does getting your teeth pulled hurt?

COLOR IDEAS 4 braces?!? help!!?
wut colors should i get 4 my braces 2morrow ant ideas!?!
Additional Details
wut colors should i get 4 my braces colors!! I'm a ...

In 45 minutes im getting braces?
well im 14,
and in 45 minutes iom getting braces :(
can anyone give me some tips for what to expect, stuff for the pain, etc?
im really scared.
Additional Details

Help! I am getting braces!
I am getting braces, and I need some advice on how to deal with them. Help me out?...

What do you do if you drop your tooth brush in the toilet?

How many times did you brush your teeth today?

Yikes! Will it hurt?
does it hurt to get teeth pulled out? Only answer if you have this experience. And if it hurts, what is the anesthetics for? I'm a bit nervous, so if u have ways to overcome fear, help!!...

Jo
Does it hurt alot gettin ur wisdom teeth out?
im gettin all 4 of my wisdom teeth out under general anistetic does it hurt alot!

Avon Lady
Rating
It really depends on your teeth & your pain tolerance. The first 2 I got pulled were HORRIBLE. They had a definite hoook to where the dentist couldn't just pull them, he had to drill them into pieces to pull out. The problem with this was my mouth was open for too long & it caused some nerve damage (I had no feeling in part of my face for a week).

On the other hand, I just had the top 2 pulled a few weeks ago & had no problems whatsoever. I was back at work the next day. Sometimes it's bad sometimes it's not so much, no one can really tell you how it'll be for you.

Raquel Feliz
no, not at all. i did it and dind't take a single pain pill.

Karen?
Not as much as when they grow in. It'll be sore for a couple of days, but they'll give you a prescription for that.

vm019
the first one i had out didnt hurt - i felt something sitting on my tongue while he worked at the tooth and he said c that was easy - i thought it was just a piece of cotton wool or something on my tongue but it was my tooth - so i burst out laughing cos of the relief - i'd been dreading it! Was sore for bout two days. Then the second was bit more difficult - had to go back and get it packed cos it got infected - despite washing my mouth with luke warm salty water 4times a day - it was sore for bout a week and took good bit longer to get out - but fingers crossed urs will be like my first one!

Phil the Yahoo! Answers Master
Rating
I'd say yea...but I never had them pulled or ever gotten them yet.

mojawoja
no, not at all, the needle is the worst bit

?
It won't hurt until later and then yes it does hurt. Also a lot of people swell. But don't not do it hon, I had all four of mine out and if I hadn't done it all at once I would never have gone back for the rest.

In a few weeks you'll feel fine again.

dale
It depends... if your teeth are impacted, then there could be considerable pain after the surgery. If they're not impacted, it can go pretty easily. I had my 2 lower impacted wisdom teeth extracted and they hurt like heck for 3 or 4 days. My upper widsom teeth were not impacted and it was easy sailing.

good luck!

captmhunt
You are definitely doing it the smart way. You will feel really beaten up for 24 to 48 hours and after than it's not bad. I found that Advil and Aleve actually worked better for me to handle the post-op pain, but you may need something a bit stouter... talk to the Dentist and see what he can do.

Before you have the surgery... build a comfortable nest... someplace a bit dark and quiet with something for entertainment and plan to sleep a lot that first 24 hours.

Good Luck... that is the ONE thing I would never want to do again.

blowry007
Rating
In my experience, there is quite a bit of pain and swelling during your recovery time. Also, you can end up swallowing a fair bit of blood as it drains out during the course of your recovery. I would hope you would be prescribed a good pain medication, though, and have enough time off work, school, etc. to get the rest you need.

The really painful part for me (I have a high tolerance for pain) was being limited in what I could eat.

I hope the procedure goes well for you. I will pray for you. May God bless and keep you.

dwh12345
Everyone is different..Mine didn't hurt at all..Some people go through agony..Good luck

Sexy Red
Rating
Hi i had all four off my wisdom teeth taken out about 8 yrs ago in my local hospital also i was also put under which was good as i work in my hospital and i see what they have to do to get the buggers out it does look brutel,so really being put asleep is so much better.When i woke up i was in some pain,discomfort,felt like i had been in a fight,but this doesnt last for long you will have to take regular painkillers and wash your mouth out alot as there will be alot off blood but that will also calm down.Try not to eat anything hot or cold and stick to soups things like that.I think it took my mouth 3 wks before i felt normal again,you will be ok its not as bad as some off these people have said.Oh yes it also depends how big your roots are too and if you need stiches too i did and that was sore.Good Luck.

deathvalley_queen
Rating
I will tell you the truth. I was terrified about having my wisdom teeth out. But you don't really feel a thing. You just fall asleep without even knowing it. And you wake up and your mouth is kind of puffy. They give you lots of strong pain killers too, in case you do feel any pain. I didn't feel any pain after mine, I just got bruises along my chin. Some people feel pain and some don't. You can't really tell if you're going to or not.

sawsy20
Rating
Yes it kills and you will be in agony for days after sometimes weeks

finalfrontier1976
Not during but afterwards I couldn't open my mouthfully and if I sneezed it felt as though something was ripping at the back of my mouth.

Thankfully the other 2 were ok.

sayin_goodbyes_the_hardest_part
mine didnt hurt but i also had to have mine surgically removed. I mean like they put me to sleep and every thing. and they give you lots of painkillers so if it does happen to hurt you will have somethin to help get rid of the pain. dont worry about it though. the more you think it will hurt the more it will hurt. so just dont fret!

Good Luck!

Raja S
Rating
yes it does

Angel
Rating
As soon as your allowed, take two ibuprofen so they kick in before the numbness wears off so they start to take effect. You will probably be a bit sore for a few days but nothing major. Good luck.

Sunidaze
Rating
It didn't bother me all that much...I had 5 (yes I had an extra one) removed under a general...the pain pills made me nauseous so I took advil instead and honestly the pain wasn't all that great in the first place. I had a slight bruise on one side of my jaw, minimal swelling and a small split in m lip. The worst pain for me was trying to drink a bottle of OJ two days later!

bad_place_alone
Rating
It depends on if they have to dig in the gums to remove it, and if they have to break the teeth. If they have to do those 2 things, or even 1, it'll probably hurt a little bit, and only after the anesthetic wears off. Don't take any aspirin because that will mess up the blood clot in the holes in your mouth. Take vitamin K and whatever pain medication you may need. Vitamin K helps the blood clot, which is what you want. I had 2 wisdom teeth removed 2 days ago, they didn't put me under, and the worst part was the needle in the roof of my mouth, and the soreness later in the day.

LINDA P
nope dont worry xxxx

clair j
I had mine out one afternoon - local anaesthetic, and was back at work the next day. There was a bit of swelling, but hey ho, no pain :)

Uncle Tim
Rating
Nah, didnt hurt that much. Uncomfortable but not painful really.

zzziana
a friend of mine got them too and she's only 14, and it doesn't hurt a lot, only after the anesthetize passes away, but u don't have to be frighten

paddypower69
i had mine out and to tell you the truth i did'nt hurt one bit, and i was terrified of the dentist.

jessiekatsopolous
Not then, maybe later.

vanillaaahh
No it doesnt ! i went through so much pain for weeks it was alful and then went to my dentist ! he pulled it out then ! and used an anastic. it felt slightly uncomfortable because he was pulling. but when he took it out i was so supprised that it didnt hurt ! my cheek was a bit puffy for a few hours, but you couldnt notice that much. I am terrible when it comes to teeth but i wouldnt worry about it at all ! the pain of wisodom teeth that are coming through verses vsiting the dentist is nothing ! Good luck and dont wrry !

dolphinluver22000
It can. You may or may not feel a lot of pain. For me I was extremely swollen and in a lot of pain for a week. Worse the painkiller I was prescribed (Vicodin) left me extremely nauseous. I ended up having to take steroids (NO, NOT the kind that make you gain strength and cause damage to uh your reproductive system) to help reduce the swelling. Take it easy for a week. Keep tylenol around. Don't eat anything hard either. And good luck.

Jen G
Rating
I had mine pulled and it didn't hurt at all.

jdensfor
Not really. You'll go to sleep and wake up and your mouth will feel like it's full of cotton. As the anesthetic wears of then you will have some soreness but it's not bad.

nadeauadam
i wish i could say it dosent but it lets just say its not going to feel great

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy