Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

HELP! OMGEEE I SWALLOWED TOOTH PASTE... IM I GONNA DIE??? OMGEEE What should I do???
THE TOOTH PASTE TUBE SAYS TO GET MEDICAL HELP OR CONTACT A POISON CONTROL CENTER RIGHT AWAY. I DONT WANT DIE PEOPLE. HELP HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!
Additional Details

Should i brush my teeth right now?
i really dont ...

Why do brits have poor dental hygiene?

Additional Details
So ONLY people on tv that are british have bad teeth? How did that become a stereotype if there wasnt a bit of ...

Is this supposed to happen?
WHEN I CLOSE MY MOUTH MY TOP TEETH GO OVER MY BOTTOM TEETH DO I NEED BRACES

ALSO MY TOP TEETH GO ALL THE WAY DOWN ALMOST OVER MY GUMLINE

ALSO MY 2 BOTTOM TEETH GO UP AND DOWN AND...

What brand and colour is your toothbrush?

Additional Details
Mine is pink! Forgot what brand it is thought, ...

How do get rid of bad breath?????

Be honest...how many of you DON'T brush your teeth before going to bed?

Have you had a wisdom tooth removed? Did it hurt much?

Additional Details
I'm not a big fan of blood... or pain for that matter. I get the feeling I'll have a lot of both....

Do you brush your teeth first or have breakfast first?

Are you supose to throw away your toothbrush after so many times?

How to stop braces from hurting? I just got them today?
I got braces on in the morning and they hurt like really really bad. I took some medicine but it doesn't seem to help at all. please help?...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

When did you last go to the Dentist?
Not happy I have 7 appointments....

My partner has really bad breath?
my partner has been suffering with bad breath he has been to the dentist and had them cleaned and brushes his teeth twice a day can anyone recommended anything as it is really ...

Do retainers hurt?
I'm getting my braces of soon and I'm getting a removable retainer on top and one gued down to the bottom. Anyway back to the question, do retainers hurt as much as braces?...

How bad to root canals hurt?
I have a dentist appointment today in about an hour and a half for a root canal. I've never had one before and I'm a bit worried. How much does it hurt? How long will it hurt? Will it hurt ...

After you use mouthwash are you suppose to wash your mouth out with water?
Also, what is the order your suppose too brush, floss, and use mouthwash??

When you wake up, should you eat before or after you brush your teeth?

Do you walk around while you brush your teeth?
Can you help resolve a question between my spouse and me? Do you stay in the bathroom the whole time while you are brushing your teeth or do you walk around the house?...

Does getting your teeth pulled hurt?

mandaaaa_x
Does is hurt getting your teeth cleaned?
I haven't gone in a while and i've almost forgotton. I'm only 15 and im so stupid that i rarely brush my teeth! I know, grosssss - but please help me out . will it hurt alotttttttt ?
Additional Details
wow, thanks so much everyone ! I'm pretty excited now to go - i cant wait , my smile should be great!

and to answer alot of your questions :
- no my teeth are not brown !! haha
- i actually have perfectly straight teeth so thats one of the reasons i never took good care of them bc i didnt have to deal with braces and such.

i hope my dentist is gentle! lol but thanks again your help is appreciated :)

jj
its not suppose too but sometimes you get a technician who keeps wacking your gums and that can hurt

octoberbaby08
it might take some work but overall i think it would be okay.
it just depends on how sensitive your teeth are...
oh! & if you have lots of tartar then that could be the real pain because sometimes taking the tartar out could be a hassle.

good luck.

**CaTeRiNa**
well it depends on how much fluoride and emanel you have on your teeth..
my sister never brushed her teeth and her teeth bled..
if your teeth arent used to the hard brushing it will hurt a tad...
but it will be okay..
good luck..
start brushing your teeth

Dan
No it won't hurt at all. They basically just brush your teeth and scratch some of it. No need to be afraid. It is annoying though because they use this brush that makes a big vibrating noise and it is really annoying.

Awooska
brushing your teeth....
why the heck would that hurt?

fillings arent too bad.. when i had one it felt like i was part of the movie hostel and i was like a shitting dog, and the tooth thats getting drilled feels all horrible, but it doesnt hurt

smisty52
sounds like me when i was younger but no it dont hurt it makes ur mouth tfeel so much cleaner but try to brush more everyone likes a white smile and tends to be a little more attractive so some ppl

Giggles McCracken
no, and brush your teeth twice a day!

♥ Black Adder
It should not hurt a lot. It may be a bit uncomfortable at times because the dental hygienist will need to get off tartar buildup along the gum line. What I do when I am in uncomfortable situations is that I think "tomorrow at this time I will be ....................(fill in what you will be doing)".

Good luck, you'll do fine.

neila
Rating
To be honest, yes: it will probably be fairly uncomfortable when you go back to the dentist. However, you will be improving the condition of your teeth and possibly be preventing long term damage to your teeth and gums. The pain is not terrible and it will only last a short time, but in the long run it will be totally worth it. Also, you should brush your teeth regularly so that you won't experience other sorts of dental problems.
Good luck :) Just think about how great it will be to have a beautiful smile!

Rating
Well... Im 16. And i dont like to brush either (in the past) and even if i got brackets... Doesnt hurts... Sometimes i even laugh xD.

Borgy
in my case it didnt hurt but it was tiring when u open your mouth for a long period of time....say aahhhhh!!!!!!

animal saver
Rating
no

LC
well in your case maybe

secret.crowds
lol not at all. but if you have a fillin or w/e ask for the funny gas it's G-R-E-A-T!

sweet and lovley
Rating
it might be a little uncomfortable - but painful, god no! good luck

Ohh itss Love
Rating
that's disgusting.
are your teeth brown?
yeah it might
you'll probably have cavities and need a root cannal.

PLEASE ANSWER MY UESTIONS
love you love
good luck sweeets
mwah mwah

littlebitomagic2000
Rating
Oh wow its torture, worse than needles in your eyes

ladylou
Rating
Only if it's been awhile since you have had it done. I go evry 6 months and I don't mind it.

AngelInPink
Rating
no. You will feel a little bit but not painful

ravenna_wing1
Considering it has been a long time since you ave been to the dentist, and the likelyhood of you having cavities is high,yeah, you will most likely be in for some pain... but ask your dentist for novacain or gas to put you under.

sarah
to me it does. i always use to cry when i had to get my teeth cleaned but i also have very sensitive teeth and gums. i do make sure i brush my teeth every night. i don't go to the dentist unless i have to.

iltmaemc
the dental hygienist can numb you. you won't feel a thing.
suggest you start brushing your teeth. purchase an eclectic tooth brush with a circular brush. and floss Evey day.
you don't want to reach 40 and need dentures

Don't listen to people that say it hurts. And haven't you ever had your teeth cleaned at home (brushing) or at a dentist before? You're 15 and haven't brushed your teeth ever?

Riley P
Rating
EW.
and no, it doesn't hurt...

karebear
Rating
no unless you have a cavity and they have to fill that in

who's your daddy?
Rating
Ya, it does. Ask to get some anesthetic rubbed on you gums first. Apparently, dentist don't care very much how much their patients hurt.

Radar M
they just brush your teeth with a different style of toothbrush- no not at all

Emily Dew
Rating
In your case, it probably will because your teeth haven't been brushed for a long time. They have to scrape off all the tartar that has built up. Don't let that keep you from going though. It's not agonizing. Just be sure to brush your teeth twice a day from now on.

Sexxxay B
Rating
oh, don't worry about anything! I'm a dentist myself actually. It doesn't hurt AT ALL! In fact, its almost enjoyable really! It feels like a light brushing and though your teeth may feel slightly gritty afterward and you can't eat anything for a while because the cleaning has to set in. After that you have a clean mouth, a comfortable feeling in your mouth, and a satisfied costumer walking out the door of the dentist's office. However, you really should start brushing and flossing, believe it or not, but the plaque in your teeth can build up in your arteries and take years off your life. So see if you brush and floss, you could add years to your life! Good luck!

Daniel M
Rating
It can...depends on how crusty your teeth are and how good the hygienist is.

Sirhc
Rating
Hurt, probably not, but it will most likely be uncomfortable. They'll have to scrape away all the tartar and stuff, but it'll be OK. You'll survive. Bring your ipod or whatever and listen to music to relax. Drilling hurts. Cleaning..... not so much.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy