Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Grrrr i get braces on march 3rd?
what color do u think i should get because ...

How often do you brush your teeth??
....truthfully!...

My breath smells like fart?
ive been told my breath sometimes smells like fart
i brush twice a day for about 5 mins and gargle with listerine
i visit the dentist every 6 months
please help!
sometimes i never ...

What is good for a toothache? I've used oragel and mouth wash, doen't work..any ideas?

My DENTIST kissed me, "What should I do"?
I went to see my dentist because my wisdom tooth was bothering me. He told me that he would extract the tooth.
He froze my mouth and I was apprenhensive as to whether or not I would feel the ...

Is it hard to talk with braces?
I'm just wondering whether it is hard to talk with braces on?

Like... will I talk funny? :S...

I have a very bad tooth ace , i can not afford to go to the dentist right now, what can i use for the pain?
I took Motrin 800 .It kind of help....

I accidentally swallowed the wax for my braces! HELP!!! I NEED ANSWERS QUICK!!?
I just swallowed a pinch of wax a while ago. Is the wax safe if swallowed? Is it something to worry about?? I don't wanna get poisoned. =(...

Chewing gum with braces...?
What would happen if I chew gum with braces??Will anyone else notice I was chewing gum??
Thanks =]...

How do you know if u need braces?

Do braces hurt?
because my teeth r really messed up and i need them and i have been doing research on them

♥shelby♥...

What colors should i get for my braces?
ok i am going to the orthodontist soon for like the one millionth time and i need color suggestions!
the color combos i already used were:
pink and black
orange and green
red and ...

When is the best time to brush your teeth?
Is it bad to brush them straight away after you've eaten?
Additional Details
i brush them 6 times a day but will it ruin my gums ...

Is this going to permanentley damage my teeth forever!?
I know it sound stupid, but I filed my front teeth down w/ a nail file. I didn't do it hard or for very long, but I looked in the mirror and the bumpy ridges on the bottom of my teeth (which ...

How painful is getting wisdom teeth out?

Are you afraid of going to the dentist?

Straight after you brush your teeth, do you look in the mirror and smile at yourself?

How many teeth do you have missing (not including wisdoms)?
I have had four extracted....

I need help ?
I've been trying to find a way to get rid of this bad breath I have. I've tried so many things. I eat a lot junk food, but I don't know if this is the reason why even if a brush my ...

What do you think about drinking and driving?

Lenee
Does getting your teeth pulled hurt?

dollbaby
I just recently got my tooth pulled and i didn't feel a thing, well only a lil pulling and tugging but no pain. Just make sure you are given the right amount of novacain. Oh! the worst part is the blood and the gauze that is put in your mouth afterwards. It is disgusting!

desertmoonwoman
I had my wisdom teeth pulled and I was put out, so no. I did have another tooth that had to be pulled and it did not hurt, however before the dentist started he made sure that I was filled with novocaine. Be sure to take care of yourself after. I made sure I had pain pills on hand, and I followed all the instructions that were given for the aftercare. I also used ice packs before I had swelling. Hope this helps you out.

johncondo2001
yes it does

Brandon4390
It hurts alittle bit, unless the put you to sleep.

Horsemeat
Rating
Pain in my neck, pain in my eye pain all over my head. I think my tooth was infected. So I went to the dental school to get it extracted. (It was the second tooth from the rear, on the bottom right.) Anyway I got there an the dentist injects my gums with anesthesia several times. And right before he injects my palate he warns me that he could possibly rupture my sinus cavity. So I'm like WTF!!!

Finally he begins to slice open my gum to remove the tooth. But my roots are so tough he's just keeps yanking but it doesn't come loose. Before he tries something new he warns me, (again), "this is going to hurt like H." He picks up what looks like is a set of pliers from Home Depot and rips the tooth out. Blood was everywhere. It was horrible... then he started on my second tooth. Next time I'll just shoot myself!

italiancapreta
Rating
Don't lissen to anyones stupid answers who say yes. No it does not hurt. You might think that getting your tooth pulled means that they rip it out. No! They numb you and take it out very slowly. You might feel some pressure and the sound of your tooth coming up is a bit weird but it does not hurt.

SpikeBoy
Yes, but only for a second. I used to actually enjoy the sensation afterwards because there's kind of a natural high you get.

If the dentist numbs your gums first, the pain from the needle will be worse than actually getting your teeth pulled.

3bumblebees
Rating
Just a little pressure though I've had to have them kneeling down on my chest so they could have something to push against when it's a really tough tooth.LOL! Good luck!:)~

rodaerc06
I had my 2nd molar pulled on Saturday and also my 3rd molar was surgically removed and no, neither hurt but I did feel some pressure. The numbing medication that I was given didn't hurt either because I went to a really good, qualified dentist and he made sure that I was compfortable before starting the procedure. So, don't let ppl on her trick you into thinking that it will hurt and etc. just b/c you may have to get your teeth hurt because it doesn't they are just trippin' so hope this helps and good luck! Also, I will say that 3 days post-op my mouth/gum is extremely sore but I have Lortab 10 to take I just haven't wanted to really take it but I dd manage to go shopping yesterday but I slept for nearly 2 days after the procedure.

miranda
Rating
No it should not really hurt. You will feel pressure though.They will use Novocaine to numb it and sometimes you can get laughing gas which will also help. Afterwards They will also give you pain pills like Hydrocodone. You will probably be in pain for several days afterwards. Remember to follow their directions very carefully.So that you won't get a dry socket I heard they are very painful.

teddybear
I have had 3 teeth pulled and they didn't hurt. The key is to be knock out. They will ask if it hurts, and if it does they will give you more pain killer. If they allow you, bring a CD to listen to. Good luck!!

meucci_2000
Rating
yes it does hurt... it hurts alot

Rockstar
Rating
Then only part that hurts is keeping your mouth open for so long. It's going to be sore the next day, but actually having them pulled isn't painful. They might even knock you out so you don't even have to feel having your mouth open for so long. The worst ones to have pulled are your top molars. They go pretty far up into your skull. But that still doesn't hurt that bad. Especially with locals and gas.

paddocknut
Rating
yep. not then but later.

yankeefan
Rating
yeah, a little..

Susan S
Rating
Now, what do you think?

Sorcha
No it doesn't hurt, you only feel pressure.
What does hurt tho is the injection into the roof and gums. That hurt like a mo-fo.

KiMbErLy
Rating
In 7th grades I have to pull out my baby silver teeth .

moose man
Rating
no it feels sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... good

cin_ann_43
Rating
No not at all if the use novacain. And its not that bad after either. I just had one pulled a few weeks ago. The being scared about it was worse then actually having it done. I fel nothing when they pulled it.

Doc
If you are in fear of going to the dentist in general, look into sedation dentistry. It has done wonders for me. I am sedated each time I visit the dentist for root canals, crowns and teeth extractions. You have absolutely no pain and no memory of actually having procedures done on you. I had three crowns and two root canals the same day!

MANDY
Rating
Alot of it depends on the dentist. If you have a good dentist, it usually will not hurt. After you get them pulled you should follow your dentists instructions to keep from getting dry socket. VERY
painful.

ghost
Rating
a lottttttttt my dear i have experienced it!!!!!!!!

mom1025
Rating
only if they don't numb you up first!

Actually, when I had teeth pulled, I think the hardest part was hearing the sound .... EEEWWW!

chopper
Rating
I had one of mine done last year. No it didn't really hurt because of the numb injection - that hurts more. The thing that did bother me was the crunching sound it made when pulled out

nfrank88
Rating
Only if you're still alive when the pull them.

rosemarieguerrero
Rating
If they put you to sleep, no... if you get numbed up, might... If your parents are tying a string to the tooth, and pulling the door, yes...

Just make sure to have Asprin next to you whichever method you choose.

Village Idiot
It really depends on the teeth being pulled...

If it's a Primary Tooth (Baby teeth) there will be pain, but it's short-lived (my son had 7 pulled in one day and went to play baseball the next day)

If it's an Adult tooth, they have much longer roots, and it's required to go a little deeper to extract them.

Does it hurt? I'm not going to lie to you... after the anaesthesia/numbing wears off, it's going to ache... usually for a couple of days... but the doctor usually gives you some fairly stong pain medication to help with it.

Granted, having a tooth pulled hurts FAR less than having one impacted, or rot... so, if the dentist says you should have it pulled... believe him. The alternatives are far worse.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy