Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. How do I stop this?
My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. I'm really worried. I floss and brush every day, but they still bleed. What do I do?...

Colors!!! (braces)?
I was just wondering what color of rubberbands you think I should get on my braces. It can be as many as you want. BTW I am a ...

Are you suppose to floss your teeth before or after brushing?

How do I tell my boyfriend to brush his teeth?
I met him through myspace and we have met and I realy truely like him even before meeting him, but it appears and smells as though he doesnt brush his teeth. He is 35 years old and should know he ...

So how bad is getting your wisdom teeth out and what can i expect? what's the pain similar to?

If i knock a teeth out,will another one grow?

Additional Details
haha ok ppl no need to add more,first 28 anwsres now 36!!!
Im just making sure that i was right.....

Any advice on how I can STOP BITING MY NAILS??

If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?

Im getting my all 4 wisdom teeth took out next week. Im scared to death. Does it hurt? What can i eat?

What else can i use for bad breath other then mouthwash, mints and toothpaste?

Please anser: how much does it hurt to get a tooth pulled?(see details)?
As in a not loose tooth, getting numbing shots injected in your gums, pulling it out and stitching it up? (no tooth growing in under it) awake but numb... please! any pain comparisons?...

What is the best way to cure my bad breath?
My girlfriend is moaning at me and I think I need to do something about it.

I am only 26 and it has just started in the past few months!

Simply brushing my teeth does not work ...

Suggest a trendy name for a dental clinic?
Planning to open a complete oral rehab clinic. searching for trendy name. plshelp me ...

Any tips for a person being scared of the dentist?

How painful is wisdom teeth extraction?
So I went to the oral surgeon today, and I'm going in on the 23rd to get my 4 wisdom teeth removed. I am doing local anestetic, and not getting knocked out for it.

My question is, how ...

Is there a polite way to let someone know about bad breath?
A really nice guy that I just met has terrible bad breath. He seems interested in a relantionship but his bad breath is the only thing turning me off. What options are out there to diminish this? How ...

Do Braces Hurt?

Why my teeths are yellow?
I brush daily but my tooth remain yellow in colour,what is the ...

What is the best painkillers for toothache?

GUM Gum GUM?
Howl ong does your Stride gum last
Additional Details
how long not how l ...

lnhotie
Do you have to pull your wisdom teeth out??
My friend told me that everyone has to pull their wisdom teeth out, and it scared me. Do i really have to do that? Can I not pull them out?

kay_flood
you only have to have wisdom teeth pulled if they impact on your other teeth. This often happens because as adults we already have a full set of teeth and the wisdom teeth which come in later have little room in which to grow, so they push against and begin to misalign the teeth already grown. Doesn't happen to everyone, you may get lucky and not require the procedure. In any case, it isn't something to be afraid of.

broadwaynights87
It all depends on whether your wisdom teeth even come down. I'm 19 and my dentist told me mine will never come down so I don't have to worry about it. When your wisdom teeth come in you would rather have them taken out because they cause a lot of pain.

Bailey
no, u don't have too

many people do but because they are getting in the way or aren't needed

if u don't have to have them removed then don't---it's icky

lux
Rating
if you dont it will just cause trouble in the future

Sammyjo007
Rating
My dentist said mine were impacted... and he said it would be okay if I don't pull them out unless they start hurting me. But if you've had braces, they can cause your teeth to get crooked again...I have a perminent retainer on top and botton (on the back of my teeth) so that won't happen to me...

smile now +cry later ♥
Rating
no you don't HAVE to... but for alot of people, it causes them problems so they get em pulled

doriang
No, only if they bother you.

marinewifey_05
no it just depends on how much room you have in your jaw line i had liek 4 teeeth pulled and my wisdom teeth came in jsut fine

Biggen
Rating
While I am no dentist, I know of several people who never had their wisdom teeth pulled. As everyone's mouth is different, some people are lucky enough that when their wisdom teeth finally come in, they don't rub, touch, and push the rest of their teeth around in their mouth. So they can live comfortably with them for the rest of their life.

Some are REALLY lucky in the fact that they don't even have wisdom teeth!!

Of course the rest of us, me included, aren't so lucky and have to have them removed. Mine were impacted... Ugh... Wasn't a good week...

someoneoutthere
Rating
No, they only have to come out if they are going to cause problems with the rest of your teeth. Only your dentist can tell you if they will need to come out or not. My husband only had 2 of is out.
I had all of mine out. And don't be scared, they can put you to sleep while it's done and you won't feel a thing.
And no, you can't pull them out yourself, lol.

wishstar28
most or mostly all people don't pull there own wisdom teeth. i had 2 of mine pulled and 2 cut. some people never have them problems that they have to get them out. they ain't as bad as people make it. oh yeah some peoples never grows in. don't be scared your dentist is the one that decides if you need them out. and the only way you get them out is if you have problems. that's pretty much it.

billcollecting
only if they bother you

jb116122
yes you have to go to a dentest and get it pulled before it herts more and if thats not a good answer go to webmd.com ok.

Keith L
You can have your Dentist pull them out. He has much more experience inflicting pain on others.

zeroartmac
Rating
Not you shouldn't and you may never need them out. Get a different better friend.

Zekester
Rating
Many people keep their wisdom teeth all their lives - if the teeth are not interfering with the other teeth or prone to cavities. Are your wisdom teeth fully developed? You should consult with your dentist. Get an x-ray to be certain of their current or potential development. My advice is not to be too quick to get them pulled. I'm, 56 years old - mine are embedded in my jaw and I've never had a problem. Beware of dentists/oral surgeons who are just trying to make a buck off you!

Samantha
Rating
Not everyone has to pull their wisdom teeth. Some have to because there is no space left for the wisdom teeth to grow. Some others have to because the brush can't reach the wisdom teeth because of its location in the mouth. Other than these I don't think there are any other reasons to pull the wisdom teeth out.
And if you do have to pull them out, don't worry. You wont feel a thing.

Carrie H
Rating
mine didn't have to be pulled, but a lot of people have to. but relax, a dentist would pull it out for you and give you pain medication for it!

Tyler M
nope i still have my wisdom teeth

teresa d
Rating
no

cthemagicofdawn
Rating
I am 42 years old and still have all 4 of my wisdom teeth. Most people do not have room for them or they become impacted, but not everyone. If you are having problems, go see a dentist. If not, don't worry about it.

May God Bless you.

♥haggisbasher♥
Rating
Not true, only some people have problems with them.

C M
yeah when I heard this..it freaked me out too..but i asked my mom and she said that only if your wisdom teeth are in the way or making your other teeth not grow in right..then you have to get them pulled.

Lize
that isnt true. you do not HAVE to pull out wisdom teeth. it bothers some people when thier wisdom teeth grow in so some people get them pulled out.

unicornfarie1
If you have a lot of room in your mouth you'll be OK. I know people who's wisdom teeth never bothered them so there was no need to take them out. I had all four of mine surgically removed at one time because I didn't have room for them.

alexis221
As long as you dont have problems with them you will be fine. I am 29yr and still have mine my hubby is 35yr and has his..

Singthing
Rating
I have had my wisdom teeth all of my life and I am much older than you.

No, you do not have to have them pulled, however, dentists do suggest it because they can cause problems. Some problems are hygiene since they are often hard to clean properly. Some other issues is that they may cause pain. If these things don't affect you, don't worry.

Oh, if you plan to get braces, thay may also recommend that you remove them. It is just easier as well.

richrd_pena
Rating
the only reason why you should pull them out is if they are hurting your mouth or if they are shifting all the rest of your teeth

Texas Mom
No, not everyone has to have them pulled.

I'm one of the lucky people. My wisdom teeth never came in!

Some people live just fine with them.

(:♥TayLee♥:)
Rating
Unless they are causing you some kind of problems then no you don't have to pull them. I still have mine and I'm an adult.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy