Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Will getting my Wisdom teeth removed hurt?
Do they give you General anesthetic for the removal of 4 wisdom teeth? Also, Does anybody know what kind of pain killers will be prescribed when the surgery is over?...

I'm gonna get braces soon? ?
How do they put the braces on and does it hurt?
I hate when dentist dig deep into your mouth it's yucky.
Is there anything yucky about braces?

All braces info is welcome.<...

What happens if a vampire bites somebody with AIDS or Hepatitis?

Should I get anthesisa(sleep) while taking wisdom teeth out or be awake? Have you got it done before?
Have you taken wisdom teeth out? Does it hurt the process? They gave me option of sleeping or being awake.. I was thinking sleeping but I mite get ride after an hour of the surgery being done. I ...

Since my kids teeth are gonna fall out anyway, do I have to let them brush daily?
Those Dora, Sponge Bob, and Diego toothbrushes are VERY expensive.
Additional Details
does it HAVE to be listerine? Or can I use ...

Daughter has toothache with severe jaw pain?
painkillers and other remedies not working more worried bout jaw pain she cant eat properly got worse last 36 ...

My mouth is a bloody mess!?
Is got some bleedin gums...my choppers are perfect otherwise.What ch'all reckon I dew?...

HELP with BRACES??
Okay so I went to the orthodontist on Saturday and he applied a chain to my 4 front teeth, IT KILLS. Please is there anything I can do to stop the pain. My gap is closing but it hurts so bad i feel ...

How often do you visit your dentist?
I go every six months or so, I had a check up this morning and everything was fine again and I don't need any treatment. Do you think it'll be okay to go once a year or should I keep up ...

Braces????
I'm getting braces do they ...

Is it ok to chew sugar free chewing gum with braces?
I know you aren't supposed to chew gum with braces, but what about sugar free gum? Some people have told me that its ok with sugar free though. If anyone has any good or bad experiences please ...

Braces...stressed?
I HATE BRACES i just got them and i cant eat for like a week
i cant even bite down i really stressing and just i hate them

do you have any ideas of what i can eat?...

Who likes the dentist?

Getting teeth pulled?
I have to get some teeth pulled because my mouth is crowded. Will the dentist people or whatever they are knock me out? or just numb me?...

If i get braces how long will i have it for??
okay im thinking bout braces but i want to know how long i will have it for and if i will look good with it here is a picture of my teethhttp://i160.photobucket....

How painful is it to get your wisdom teeth out? I am getting my out at 9:15am tomorrow. Any suggestions?

What should I do first, brush my teeth or floss my teeth?
And why?...

About braces...?
I just got my braces. I had one day of 'throbbing' in my teeth. Now my teeth feel fine...are my braces 'still working'? I don't see my denstist for 7 weeks and I just can'...

It is known that anorexia/bulimia sufferers have bad teeth - but do they also have poor nails & hair?
If so, Is the damage irreversible?...

I had a filling in my tooth yesturday and i still can't eat on the side of my mouth i had the filling.?
Is this normal? My tooth did not hurt before i had the filling....

Lindz
Do u sound wierd while talking when u first get your braces on?

Kiki C
nope when i first got them u couldnt tell at all, but the person with the braces will notice caus u will think ur lips r getting stuck even tho there not

Obedale_4 eva :)
Rating
Well other people may or may not but everyone said my speech was a little slured but I talk regular now.

Becky
Rating
no. braces normally dont make you sound weird.

it's just the eating that takes a while getting used too.

^_^k a i t l y n^_^
u might at first sound weird. but u might sler ur words a lot and get a lot of salvia. but ull get use to it.♥

jmaide
the metal in the braces reverberates the sound as the air that passes through the openings creates a tunnel which has an inverted effect on the actual sound wave and since it is coming from inside the mouth which is connected to the throat that is connected to the ear canal there is always a resonant sound that will bounce off the ear drum at any given time.

ballerina856
Rating
No, but then again i didnt have an expander. My friend did though, and she was kinda hard to understand for a little while. It got better though.

~★*Aqua*★~
Nope not at all! :P but u may have to get used to having metal feeling like its flying around in ur mouthXD(sorry if im scaring you!) But getting braces is not all that bad! I had them for 3 years! now there off :DD

cheese_omelette92
lol yeah i totally did!!! i took my lips a while to get used to placing themselves around the braces!! :D

Chris B
for a little but you get used to it. Maybe a little lisp

Lindsey B
no not really. you might at first, but give yourself a little time to adjust to them and you should be talking like normal.

Robynn09
A lot of my friends got braces a couple of years ago and yes at first they all sounded wierd..But once they used to the feeling of them they started to sound like themselves again.

BUCK!!!
yes.

█▓▒ Robby▒▓█
only at first

for like 2 days

then you talk normally again

All Smiles
Rating
yep, don't worry though you will get used to it. In a bout a month you want sound wierd anymore.

Beachlover35
I did! Especially my S's.

Brawling...
all the time, especially when i smile.

Molly H
Rating
no or at least i didnt... if you get spacers you will wound kinda funny.. or if you get a palet spreder your c's will come out weird.

amy00
yes, but you get used to it and you sound normal again in a few days

El Bamdito
Rating
no

morganB
when my friends got braces she was like lipsing or whatever its called and she kept drooling it was funny!

harrypotter#1fan
Rating
for most people no but i got this bridge on the top of my mouth these ramps on the back of my teeth and braces on the top and bottom....so i had to learn how to talk all over again and my voice changed(not in abad way just deepercause there was more stuffin the way) but for most there is no differnce like one of my bffs got braces on the top, bottom and a retainer and she sounded exactly the same also her braces have never hurt her but i cried for 3 days straight after mine got put on(and i have a relatively high pain tolorence) it just really depends on the person

muhammed h
Rating
no. thats if you have a retainer

Devan!
Rating
Nope. Not really.

Kevin G
Yeah I would mess up words quicker. But I got used to it quickly.

private
Rating
My daughter thought they were cool.
She bought several tee-shirts, that said:
" TIN GRINS ARE IN"

liSSY<3
Rating
yeah

evillllone
wow. this is exactly the question i tried to find an answer for right before i got my braces on. i was totally scared of sounding like an idiot because i had speeches to do back then. ANYWAY. i must say it was unfortunate that i got a lisp for about 2 days. but the good news is i felt no pain despite what everyone talks about. i guess its just different for everyone. good luck :)

neko
a little bit at first but you get used to it really quickly and it will also feel weird and hurt while eating and brushing your teeth so you kinda gotta watch out for the first 2 days

♥*!Shelby!*♥
Rating
i don't remember. if you are getting braces soon, don't worry. you will have to eat soups and noodles for a few days for getting used to the feeling, but don't worry... just think... when you get them off, you won't have to worry about them any more... you get retainers!!! i got my retainers about 3 weeks ago, and i sounded halarious! an old best friend walked by and made me sing my ABCs, and it was so funny! don't worry. it is fun!

all_american_girl
Rating
No, it just takes a bit used to with eating and stuff..

Savannah Cullen
Rating
A little bit, yeah.
You get a little bit of a lisp.
It isn't horrible, but it gets better within time.
Just watch out for drooling. Lol.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy