Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Given the choice, what would you do?
my dentist has offered me two options, get my tooth out, or get root canal treatment. Its a back molar and I don't know whether to just go for it and get it pulled out or give the root canal ...

Bracesss..?
ok im gettinf braces in feb. nd i wanted to know the process..not in like 5 paragraphs...just a brief process of it. and how does it make your eatin habits different? when can you chew gum? how do i ...

How do you get rid of bad breathe?
I would like to know how to get rid of bad breathe because someone that I really care about suffers from it....

Do wisdom teeth coming in means you're getting smarter?

What is it like having your wisdom teeth removed?
I've been having problems with my wisdom teeth for some time and over the weekend I have developed a bad infection along with a very swollen face. I'm going to ask my dentist if I can have ...

OO my God, I need some real answers please?
I have to have a tooth pulled and i dont know what is to be done. al i know is that i am terrified!!! i know that i have to get a needle in my mouth, can someone please explain what is to be done and ...

Help! I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed?
Alright so I know that the pain after getting your wisdom teeth removed is "different for everybody", but I have this theory that mine won't be very bad simply because all of my wisdom ...

My gums have been bleeding when i brush my teeth, this has been happening for about 2 weeks, what do i do?
Its only when i brush my teeth, i'm 13 and i have braces, please help!!!!!!!!...

Hello is there any sort of calpol or some thing like that what can help me with tooth ache?
any thing but tablets i car'nt take tablets every time i put it on my tongue i'm nearly sick so i just take it ...

Do braces hurt when they put them on u?

How many times do you brush your teeth in one day? ♥?

Could i use ?
cillit bang to whiten my teeth ? afterall theyre enamel and so is my bath
Additional Details
sun m - im from the uk , its a product ...

Breath problems!?
i have bad breath and need help getting rid of it. i brush my teeth every morning floss and and listerine and at night i use act. i brush my toung and also go to the dentist every 6 months to get my ...

Who uses mouthwash as part of their oral hygiene?
I don't really use it, but I floss and brush 2x daily, but which one is better, Listerine or Crest Pro-Health Rinse?...

What can I eat and cant eat when I have braces?
I just recently got braces yesterday. My teeth are very sore ! Is there anything i can eat without damaging my braces? And what should I avoid?? Because right now its like a have a hug strip of metal ...

What is the best treament for a seven month old baby that is teething really bad and cant sleep?

How often should i brush my teeth,currently i`m doing it once a week, is that sufficient?

What is the best toothbrush I can buy for $500?
my papa gave me five hundred dollars to buy a tooth-brush. can you tell me what is the best tooth brush I can buy with just this little amount of money?? thank ...

Can anyone tell me the best way to stop my false teeth falling out?
I was having tea with the local vicar the other day. I took a bite of my cucumber sandwich ( cut into triangles with the crust cut off) and my teeth fell out. Oh! The shame i did'nt know where ...

I think I have an absessed tooth, what should I do?
I know I have to go to the dentist, but they scheduled me for july 5th, and I got a headache because of it. What can I do for now? Should I take tylenol or any other medicine?...

emily m
Do root canals hurt?
i have to get one done in October. be honest with me,

One_Man_Show
I don't know what dentist they went to. It feels just like a regular filling, only it takes longer. The toothache you get from not having one is waaaaaaaayyyy worse, believe me. Don't sweat it.

MOM
Rating
I wont lie to you! Sometimes it does hurt. the dentist has to get into the root in the bottom of the tooth. There are four of nerves. They look like little worms.The dentist has to get ahold of them with a insturment that resembles a very small drill bit.once in a while when this inst. hits the nerve its not all the way numb.It would probally feel like getting ice cream on it now.No problem though just tell the dentist he'll give you more meds.You probally wont even have to ask he'll know. GOOD LUCK.

A. Grigs
Ive had 3 and they didnt hurt during, there was just a ton of pressure! (very uncomfortable) Then the next 2 days after there was some pain not too bad and alot of bleeding, I had to sleep with a spit bucket. Id say the bleeding and pressure was the worst part.

Chillin'In Bklyn
As long as you get an injection to numb the area, you'll be fine. You'll just feel some pressure but no pain. Once the Novocaine wears off, you may feel some discomfort. That can be taken care of by taking some Advils or Tylenols. Ask your dentist. You'll be fine

Stephanie A
When I had my done it didn't hurt at all during or after. There is a lot of "pressure" in your mouth while they are doing it, and it takes forever. My cap does hurt a bit when I floss, but really nothing worth complaining over.

Pearl
they will work on it and you'll get an anesthesia don't worry...you will be havibng pains wfter loosing it but there are piils against the pain and in five mins you'll be okay. I ahve been thru this summer a lot.

I-C-U
yesh shir,..I mean sir

sestero1
Rating
yes

shelley821291
Rating
Okay, I had one done back almost 2 years ago and I heard how bad it was going to be, but it really wasnt bad at all. True, you have to go back a few times, but the pain wasnt really noticeable. I was truely surprised. Have the dentist numb you up good and you will be fine. Really, they arent as bad as people make them out to be.

Halo
Rating
Absolutely. It's one of the most painful dental procedures.

Mash
Yes they do and they irritate a lot

bubbles26
no, it was okay but I was 21 yrs old when I had mine. Good Luck.

dukalink6000
Rating
You will wish you were dead.

michaelyoung_airforce
Rating
Does a bear poop in the woods? Yes, root canals hurt, but it's not anything you can't handle. The area will be nice and numb, but the stuff wears off after awhile. I had one done when I was 16 (I'm 30 now) and the only thing worse was getting my wisdom teeth extracted. Don't fear it though. The procedure is well worth it considering what would happen to you if you didn't get the root cnal done. Good luck!

shortfrog
Rating
Some people have a lot of pain while others don't and a lot of it depends on the skill of your Dentist, and your tolerance level to pain.
Tips for you.....make sure you take some extra strength tylenol BEFORE the novacaine wears off....sleep on an additional pillow....do not bend over, this causes blood to rush to your head, resulting in a throbbing tooth....follow your Dentist's orders, and if you have persistent pain, or the temporary filling comes out, call the office!
Good luck!

â•š Alien Gurl â”?
Rating
The novocaine numbs the pain. I had two root canals and they were painless. But it depends on each person's ability to take pain.

How are u?
Rating
ask my mom-she cried and its too painfull

lilmo282005
YES!!!!!!but don't put it off. get it over with.

glw
Rating
they don't hurt when it's getting done. but later on, there will be a lot of aching. unless you take extra painkillers, but then you'll be totally out of it.

John
Rating
They do not have to hurt. Make sure that you let the dentist know you have a low tollerance for pain. They can numb your mouth and jaw to make it as pain free as possible. But it is working with the nerve so sometimes it is hard to kill all the pain but the dentist will do everything they can to prevent pain. And once it's done it should be fine.

So painless no but they will do everything possible to make it less painful.

Kevin H
only if you are a *****

Bors
I had one done without any painkillers. It was quick, but hurt like a son-of-a-gun.

I had one done with painkillers. It ached for a looong time, but the ache was tolerable.

They are not fun, but you will live.

Pamela N
I never had to get one, but I heard that they are very painful.

?
I have had two and honestly they don't hurt as bad as people say. Why some may hurt is if they become infected. Plus let the Dr. know of your concerns and hopefully (like mine) he will make sure you are numbed up really good. You will be fine and surprised how little discomfort you will feel. Good Luck and Take Care!!!

Yasmin
Rating
please for God sake stop scaring people around duh with all the answer you people are giving! well i had my done few weeks back its nt yet a month...i was very nervous because i had read answers in yahoo about root canal..he shoot me for numbness four times as it was my front teeth and i used to wear plastic caps on it..as he remove the plastic caps he showed me that how much my teeth were decay..trust me when he was doing the job my teeth were very very decay and they were sensitive as i told him this he numb me more n more finally i was out of pain but when he was taking of my nerves my head hurted really badly..and when the two weeks were getting over with it i had kind of senstiviness but everything was fine and its not really worst as people usually say i am really happy with it and want to go for it again for my inner tooth..by the way all the best :D

John W
My root canal was pretty painless, but the shots we're a killer.

sCrUbs
NO. ROOT CANALS DO NOT HURT...
Root canal is not treatment which would require any surgical intervention such as extraction.etc.Its simply removal of infected pulp(root tissue) and filling of the root canal...
People usually get scared of root canals because of the FILES used in it. These files have nothing to do with pain, Their sole purpose is to prepare the root canal for filling...Therefore dont be scared of them..
Besides before the start of treatment you will be anesthetized which will eliminate any sort of pain(if present)
The second thing which patients get fed up off is lengthy treatment.you should not worry about length of treatment.almost all of the treatment is about finding the root canal,preparing it and filling it with filling material...So dont be scared about what steps will be taken in treatment...
Most of the discomfort people experience in it(although MOST of people do not experience any pain at all...neither did I ;-) )is due to the infection which was causing discomfort already before the treatment..So the treatment itself does not have any sort of pain...

flowerspirit2000
ROOT CANALS DO NOT HURT BECAUSE YOU ARE GIVEN NUMBING SHOTS BEFORE THE PROCEDURE...ITS SOO COMMON AND WORTH SAVING YOUR NATURAL TEETH BY CAPPING IT . PREVENTS ABCESSES

vema
Rating
Generally root canals don't hurt, if the infection is controlled by antibiotics initially .As this helps the Novocaine to act better.how? When there is any infection the Novocaine reacts with the pus and gets neutralized[ acid base reaction].sometimes however some people have a very sensitive pulp in such a case might hurt [hypersensitive pulp].and of course depends upon a person's ability to take pain.Keep some painkillers for after the procedure in case it hurts

Wizzard2
Rating
HONEST, They can but it the denest it very good it wont be bad and its over.

white61water
Rating
Only if you have it done without any painkillers or when you are awake.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy