Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Yikes! Will it hurt?
does it hurt to get teeth pulled out? Only answer if you have this experience. And if it hurts, what is the anesthetics for? I'm a bit nervous, so if u have ways to overcome fear, help!!...

Is it possible to pull out my wisdom teeth myself. and of so what tools do i need? thxs?

Additional Details
well some numing stuff, a razer and pilers right?...

Every body wants me to get braces but i dont and i admit that i have crocked teeth what should i do?

Additional Details
well the 5th tooth from the left on bottom jaw is growin behind my 4th and 6th tooth and my bottom teeth are ...

I’m having a wisdom tooth pulled out tomorrow, anything I can do to make the pain bearable?
Apart from enjoying a good meal before having the procedure because I might not be able to eat anything else for the whole day....

Need tips keeping braces clean on long school days?
when i have afternoon studies i pack lunch to school but i always have food stuff in my braces which i cant get out.what can i do (other than bring a toothbrush ) to get the food out .something ...

Grrrr i get braces on march 3rd?
what color do u think i should get because ...

How often do you brush your teeth??
....truthfully!...

My breath smells like fart?
ive been told my breath sometimes smells like fart
i brush twice a day for about 5 mins and gargle with listerine
i visit the dentist every 6 months
please help!
sometimes i never ...

What is good for a toothache? I've used oragel and mouth wash, doen't work..any ideas?

My DENTIST kissed me, "What should I do"?
I went to see my dentist because my wisdom tooth was bothering me. He told me that he would extract the tooth.
He froze my mouth and I was apprenhensive as to whether or not I would feel the ...

Is it hard to talk with braces?
I'm just wondering whether it is hard to talk with braces on?

Like... will I talk funny? :S...

I have a very bad tooth ace , i can not afford to go to the dentist right now, what can i use for the pain?
I took Motrin 800 .It kind of help....

I accidentally swallowed the wax for my braces! HELP!!! I NEED ANSWERS QUICK!!?
I just swallowed a pinch of wax a while ago. Is the wax safe if swallowed? Is it something to worry about?? I don't wanna get poisoned. =(...

Chewing gum with braces...?
What would happen if I chew gum with braces??Will anyone else notice I was chewing gum??
Thanks =]...

How do you know if u need braces?

Do braces hurt?
because my teeth r really messed up and i need them and i have been doing research on them

♥shelby♥...

What colors should i get for my braces?
ok i am going to the orthodontist soon for like the one millionth time and i need color suggestions!
the color combos i already used were:
pink and black
orange and green
red and ...

When is the best time to brush your teeth?
Is it bad to brush them straight away after you've eaten?
Additional Details
i brush them 6 times a day but will it ruin my gums ...

Is this going to permanentley damage my teeth forever!?
I know it sound stupid, but I filed my front teeth down w/ a nail file. I didn't do it hard or for very long, but I looked in the mirror and the bumpy ridges on the bottom of my teeth (which ...

How painful is getting wisdom teeth out?

T Bar M
Do retainers hurt?
I'm getting my braces of soon and I'm getting a removable retainer on top and one gued down to the bottom. Anyway back to the question, do retainers hurt as much as braces?

Jammin EMmm
no

Alexandra
Rating
I had to get a retainer myself after I got braces. It hurts the first couple of days as your teeth are getting use to the adjustment. Make sure to wear it as recommended though if you try to put it back in if you haven't worn it in a while it will hurt a lot. Good luck and just think about how beautiful your teeth will be if your wear it!

Paintballer
Rating
nope the braces hurt more

my2bratboys
Only if you don't wear then for a couple of days, and your teeth move to much.

jenny flower
Just for a few days my daughter says.

steph074580
They will be a little uncomfortable at the beginning or when ever they are tightend or spaced but the pain is nothing compared to the pain of braces. I wore retainers for about 6 years and barely new I had them until the removsble one on the top got food underneath it.

Amapolita
No they do not hurt as much as braces, but they do hurt somewhat while your teeth get used to the mold of it.

I have one wish, meet Nick Jonas
They dont hurt as bad, you'll get used to them. But if you take them off for about a week or maybe even a whole day (except when eating) your teeth will shift &+ it maybe uncomfortable for a lil while, but you'll get used to it.

chiechie
it won't hurt.. for the first 2-3 days or so.. it will affect your way of eating.. but after that.. it won't hurt..

*Cheerfreak*
It honestly depends. For my sister, it did not. They should not because they dont have the same job as braces. Braces are designed to straighten your teeth and retainers keep them in a position to not go back to the way they were before. As long as you wear the retainer, you should not have any problems.

Lynzy
No they just slip in =]

if uncomfortable tell your dentist =]

there nothing promise

Good luck

David P
Not nearly as much as braces did

me
Naw

chiara
they don't really hurt at all. i had them that i had to wear at night from the time i was 15-18 and now (I'm 19) i only wear them every few days. If you don't wear them for a while then your teeth hurt when you first put them back in, but that's only if you take them out for extended periods of time. and it doesn't hurt as much as it feels weird, liek your teeth feel lose.

JH
Rating
Not as much. But the key is to wear it. If you take a few days off, it really pulls on your teeth (nothing major.)

♥JuiiCy♥
I have had retainers for a couple of months in the 2nd grade. When you first get them it will be a bit difficult to talk. You will be spitting a bit and even at times some drool MAY come out of your mouth. But in the beginning it will not hurt AT ALL. After a while your dentist will start to tighten them, and it will not hurt like braces, but will have a tight, sore feeling. It only lasts for a day until you get used to the feeling. Then tighter and tighter after months. The pain will only last a day and you will get used to it. And about the spittinng when you talk problem will only last a week in the beginning. Overall they DON'T hurt as much as braces. =) Hope This Helps

cleveridiot
Nope iam sure nope
not at all
NONO NO NONO
NO NO NO NO NO
NO NO NO NO NO
NO NO NO NONO

Lacey Jayne
Rating
no not at all..much better

sarahgibs
if you wear them regularly, then no. if you don't wear it for awhile then put it in, it might be uncomfortable for a bit.

rock princess
Rating
in my case they don't
i think it doesn't really hurt at all
from the word itself, its main purpose is just to retain
to hold your teeth in place and avoid them from moving back

Mango Music
Rating
i have not had a retainer but i have braces.
with braces, it will hurt for a little bit but it goes away and you get used to it. applesauce tastes really good with braces.
I don't mind my braces much, and i lot of people i know have them. good luck with the braces!

SnuffySmith
No they don't hurt. They are their only to keep the straightened teeth alined. The bottom one doesn't hurt either. You will get used to it.

Om...
Rating
No retainers do not hurt as much as braces do! And Congratulations! Getting your braces off is a huge step! No more wires, or food getting stuck!! The retainer is a way for your teeth to stay in the same alignment as the braces formed them to be, but your not committed to it, you can take it off in the morning and go about your day and put it back on in the evening before you go to bed. As long as you keep doing that, your teeth are going to be fine, but remember to continue to do that. Or your teeth will get out of alignment. :)

linkin0425
Rating
They don't hurt at all unless they are made incorrectly. They make a mold of your mouth so it will fit perfectly. There might be a little aching from them, but no pain.

Adam T
only for like the first week or two

ip
no not unless you use them wrong

hindergirl17
No i got a retainer right now and it dose not bother me at all.

EagerToKnow
I never had braces but I wore a retainer when I was much younger and it didn't hurt at all. It can be very bothersome and you tend to drool a lot.

theaterfreak
They don't hurt at all, really. As long as you do what your orthodontist tells you, you'll be fine! Just make sure that if you are supposed to wear it all day, you do, otherwise it will hurt really bad when you put it back in, that's how much your teeth will move!

*~Fish_Bait~*
they hurt for a lil bit....
Now if you dont wear it for like a week then go to wear it. yah it will hurt a lil bit but nope you get used to it:p

BlahBlahBlah
What does a retainer do?
The retainer keeps your teeth in perfect alignment after braces are removed so you keep an excellent smile as your mouth grows?

Why do I need the retainer?
Usually, when braces are first removed, your teeth will all be in perfect alignment, and your smile is excellent. However, your gums, bones, etc will not have completely shifted into their new positions. The retainer holds your teeth in position until your gums, bones etc settle in to their new positions. At the end of your orthodontic treatment, your smile will be wonderful and your will look excellent. You need to wear your retainer to keep yourself looking excellent.

Also, you are still growing after your braces are removed. Sometimes, your mouth will grow unevenly. If so a retainer can be used to make sure your teeth stay perfect as you grow. Cool dudes all have perfect teeth.

What happens if I do not wear the retainer?
Your gums and bones will not settle into their new positions so your teeth will move part way back to their old positions. Your fabulous smile will dwindle. You may even need to get your braces put on again. Don't let that happen! Be just like cool dude. Wear your retainer.

Does the retainer hurt?
It should not. If your retainer hurts after the first week, it means that the retainer was fitted wrong. Go back to your orthodontist and ask him to give you a new retainer.

How long should I use a retainer?
You need to wear your retainer 24 hours a day for at least a year after your braces are removed. Then continue to wear the retainer a few nights a week until you are 24 and stop growing.

What happens if I break the retainer?
Ask your orthodontist for a new one.

Won't the retainer wear out after a while?
A well made retainer should last for years. If your retainer breaks ask your orthodontist for a new one.

What happens if I swallow a part of the retainer.
Nothing. The part will just pass through your digestive system.

Tell me about fixed retainers
Fixed retainers are an alternative that is sometimes used when you keep "forgetting" to wear your retainer. The orthodontist cements a retainer in your mouth and you cannot take the retainer off for a year.

If this happens, be sure to clean the retainer every night or else your breath will smell awful.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy