Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I knocked two of my little brother's teeth out this morning. Can the dentist put them back tomorrow?
Or will it be too late?...

Ok. i know this may sound stupid, but...?
would it be safe for me to use crest whitestrips that claim to have expired 2 years ago???
please no sarcastic responses if it sounds dumb. ...

I say old fellow, one of my back teeth just came out. Can I use super glue to put it back in?

I am waiting for an appointment at dentist...?
for toothache. A friend of mine has given me co-codimol capsules that were prescribed for them. I have tried different pain-killers but nothing gives any lasting relief, but I am tempted to try one. A...

If I dont have any dental insurance, how much would it cost to pull out my tooth?

Bad Breath?
I brush my teeth twice a day and sometimes 3 times a day. I brush my tongue twice a day but I still have breath that isn't all that pleasing. When I touch my tongue with my finger and smell it ...

Another Stupid dentist Question ...?
I have my Extraction At 2:30 tomorrow afternoon , lady from the office told me not to eat anything 6 hours before the Sugery , which i'm ok with. But i have 2 questions that i was not sure about....

Is this dentist's estimate high or low?
My younger brother is 19, and doesn't have insurance. I want to help him pay for some fillings, but I don't know if the prices are high or not.

They want to charge 215.00 for a ...

How much do braces cost?
I had braces but now my wisdom teeth are starting to come in and my two bottom front teeth are beginning to overlap. I want to get it fixed before it becomes a real problem but im married and im ...

Flossing question?
Can you get away with not flossing when you use a Sonicare toothbrush and an antiseptic mouthwash such as Listerine?...

Why are braces so expensive?
We are faced with yet another shady dentist and we're wondering how could something so simple cost so much money? We are planning on getting a 2nd and 3rd quote on them, but we wondering what ...

How can I cure a cavity?

Am i able to smoke a cigarette after having a tooth pulled?

Question about wisdom teeth...?
My dentist told me that there is not enough room for my wisdom teeth to come in so they will probably need to be pulled. But I cannot afford it. There is no way I could afford it. So my question is ...

What can I do to prevent gum infection?
I brush my teeth twice a day and use mouthwash,but a few months ago I had to have my tooth pulled out, because of the infection and now I can feel that on the other side of my mouth there is a rather ...

Do you floss daily?
Wondering
Additional Details
Dental F...

What can I do for a possible Abcess other than go to a dentist?

Has anyone had their wisdom teeth extracted with local anaesthesia? What exactly does the procedure feel like?
Do u need to come to checkups after surgery? How much did it cost and how long did it take to heal? Can u eat during the healing period?...

What is the best thing for a toothache?
It hurts so bad....

What color braces should I get?
I'm 13, almost 14 and I'm getting braces on December 4th. I'm already choosing colors. At first, I wanted pink and orange because I like bright colors, but lots of people told me I'...

mrbean_101
Dental floss stuck between teeth?
What to do, what to do? A little got stuck so I tried to floss it out, but then that too got stuck, so I tried to floss that out and ... you get the picture.

BLAISE
CUT YOUR MOUTH OFF!!

daydreamer06
USE A TOOTHPICK!!!!

Mia
Rating
can you pull it out by the end? like slide it out instead of pulling it down? my teeth are really close together, but floss is pretty slippery, it should slide out...

altered ego
That is the most annoying thing in the world; i once ended up with the entire contents on the bathroom stuck between my teeth, well almost. Keep battling on and good luck. P.S. DO NOT USE THE TOILET BRUSH (trust me)

teamsoulglo
Tooth pick....go see a dentist.

jwplaster
Get a better floss!!! Your either doing something horribly wrong, or your floss is crap. My teeth are so crowded that it hurts to force the floss between them, but never has it gotten stuck.

Noryb
pull it out with a tweezer

or try a different brand of dental floss.. one that's unbreakable (I like Glide brand)

rppj
Rating
Use a floss that doesn't shred such as Glide by Crest, Satin Floss by Oral B, Colgate Total Floss, Eze-Thru by Butler GUM or Eze-Slide by Johnson & Johnson. Floss through between your teeth but don't try to bring the floss back out yet. Let go with one hand and pull the floss out the side. If you still have something stuck try flossing with a double piece of floss and pull it out sideways again. You could also try tying a knot in the floss then pull the knot through between your teeth (floss through with a smooth piece of floss then release with one hand and pull through so that the knot passes between the teeth sideways).

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
Rating
SOME OF THE BEST ADVICE IS TO USE A NON-SHREDDING BRAND. YOU HAY WANT TO ALSO TRY USING THE CREST 'EASY-GLIDE PICKS.'
THE SMALL DISTANCE BETWEEN THE ENDS IS A BIG REASON WHY THESE FLOSSERS DO NOT SHRED EASILY AND WHY THEY'RE SO EASY TO USE.

Sam
Rating
Get some WAXED dental floss. Tie a simple overhand knot in the middle of a piece of floss. Drag the knot back and forth a few times to try to snag the shreds that are already stuck in between your teeth. Good luck!

Fleur de Lis
Get a better floss. Make sure it says "non shredding" on it.

HeatherS
Rating
It happens a lot so don't feel like your the only one. Take a piece of floss and tie a single knot in it, place the floss as you normally would, and pull it through letting the knot slide under the tissue, gently removing the caught pieces. I know it sounds painful, but it really isn't. Hopefully this will work, you may have to try a few times. It's usually the first thing we try (to remove food, floss and other things that get lodged in the tissue) before we pull out the explorer and scalers. The best thing to do is to calm down and just take a break from it for a few minutes, then go tackle it again. If you can't get it out, just call the dentist in the morning, it will only take him a second to get it out. If your dentist office is closed on Friday, most of the dentist or office managers are usually there doing paper/computer work and other things in the mornings, so if you call you may catch him in. If not leave a message or page him, it's not something you want to leave under the tissue all weekend. Good luck and hopefully the "knotted floss" will remove the "floss."

Additional information: If your floss is getting caught there frequently it may be a rough filling or decay below the gum line starting that's catching the floss and causing it to shred. Most floss is non-shredable these days but you might want to try the "tape floss" it's wider yet thin, also have your dentist check this area out if it feels rough to you. Good luck, I hope you got it out last night.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy