Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What should I do first, brush my teeth or floss my teeth?
And why?...

About braces...?
I just got my braces. I had one day of 'throbbing' in my teeth. Now my teeth feel fine...are my braces 'still working'? I don't see my denstist for 7 weeks and I just can'...

It is known that anorexia/bulimia sufferers have bad teeth - but do they also have poor nails & hair?
If so, Is the damage irreversible?...

I had a filling in my tooth yesturday and i still can't eat on the side of my mouth i had the filling.?
Is this normal? My tooth did not hurt before i had the filling....

Has anyone had a tooth break while eating coleslaw?

Im sooo scared!Im getting braces!Do they hurt?

Hate how dentist makes small talk while I'm on the chair.?
Okay, I am going to the dentist in about an hour and I had to have this particular one because the man I prefer is booked out. This dentist however makes a lot of small talk, asking me about college ...

How do i get whiter teeth in 1 month??

I have bad & crooked teeth, who do I see first?
Should I see the orthodontist first or the dentist first?
My teeth are in bad condition and they're also crooked, havent seen a dentist in 10years
I thought I'll confront my ...

I know that eating too much toothpaste can be fatal, but how much is too much?

Additional Details
I don't have an obsession with toothpaste, I have a perfectly normal relationship with toothpaste. I do, ...

Braces!!!????
Does anyone the average cost of braces???...

Omg braces!!!!?
I will be getting braces soon and im totally affraid. I mean yea i want them because my teeth are a mess but i hate pain. I just hate pain. Can someone tell me the process of getting braces and also ...

What if you break your right hand what do you do?

A painful white sore below my gum in my mouth?
i have had it for about 4 days. it is right where my gums end and where my cheek begins. It looks like a cut, but it is white so i didn't know if it was a canker sore. It looks a little ...

My friend has bad breath.?
My friend has bad breath. she told me and i know its kind of true. she said that whenever she brushes her hard pallet and her tongue..is when she can smell it. but it often smells really bad. Some ...

What stains teeth more, coffee or tea?

Scared about Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday and I'm very scared. But more importantly, my boyfriend's father's retirement party is on Saturday and I really want to go. Will I be ...

Is getting your wisdom teeth pulled as bad as I think it is? I will survive right? lol?
Im 25 and my wisdom teeth are KILLING ME! They weren't really bothering me until this year and now the whole left side of my mouth is swollen and infected! Im just such a baby when it comes to ...

Pls answer I am worried?
I have red spots in my mouth, on the roof, and on the inside of ym lips. and i also have white ones like blisters, but really painful, tey are white, and i have surrounded all my mouth. i just woke ...

Whats the best thing to eat after having your wisdom teeth out?

michelle r
Daughter has toothache with severe jaw pain?
painkillers and other remedies not working more worried bout jaw pain she cant eat properly got worse last 36 hours

♡LiL♥Kitten♡
You honestly have to consult the Yahoo answers committee? The normal intelligent human would think "Gee this is my child, my child is still in pain after 36 hours and after taking severe pain killers...maybe I should TAKE HER TO THE DENTIST" instead you're thinking "gee my child is in pain after near 2 days, I've given her pain killers, maybe I should ask people on Y! Answers"
Have you ever seen those "this is your brain" commercials. You're a prime candidate

starlet108
Get her to a dentist !!!!!!!!!!

<3
Rating
take her to the dentist. how old is she? is she teething? maybe she has a cavity. maybe its just tooth sensitivity. take her to a dentist and ask them.

Munya Says: GFOD
take her to the emergency room

NOW!

ღℓιℓ мιzz Ï?ωιи¢єzzღ
take her to your doctor or dentist or hospital...it might be soemthin 2 do with her tooth comin out or a new one comin in..

peachy1660
Rating
Take her to the dentist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blondie At Heart
take her to the dentist

seoulspirit
this happened to my sister...she probally has a *can remember name right now) and she'll probally have to get a root cannal(OUCH)...o yeah...check if she has like 2 teeth coming out of the same socket thing...

blue1
Take her to the dentist straight away, the poor child is in pain. Don't let it get any worse or she might have to go the hospital. Remember a stitch in time saves 9!

jamand
Rating
Off to the dentist with you - might be an abcess

Bonzo
Rating
she may have an abcess under her tooth. This can be easily treated with a visit to her dentist as soon aspossible. The dentist will x-ray the tooth to see the problem within and if there is an abcess present, then he/she will prescribe penicillian usually.

luddite
Painkillers are not a remedy, seeing a dentist is.

Alfred E. Newman
Rating
could be an abscess,they can be nasty,get to the docs or dentist asap,antibiotics are needed before anything can be done.

gouri
Toothaches are painful but can be prevented
by take suitable precautions. Avoid eating
food which will result in the formation of acid
in the mouth, brush teeth regularly with a fluoride
toothpaste. I found the information at
http://aches.in/preventtoothache.html

just me
Rating
i would definitely take her to the dentist right away...

K.S.
See DENTIST ASAP!

Toothaches are a sign that there may be more to worry about then just a little pain. The causes of toothache are several but the major causes are, dental cavity, a cracked tooth, exposed tooth root, gum disease, disease of the jaw joint or spasms of the muscles used for chewing. It is possible for the cause of a toothache to originate from an entirely different problem such as heart attack or angina but this is quite rare. It can be noted however that some patients suffering angina will show toothache or jaw pain as the only symptoms so it is always best to let your dentist or doctor evaluate you.
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dental-article-1.htm

http://www.san-diego-dentist.us
http://san-diego-dentists.blogspot.com
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dentist-tijuana-dentist.html
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/tijuana-dentist.htm
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dental-implants.html
http://www.medical-research-study-directory.info/san-diego-medical-research-study.htm
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/lasik-eye-surgery-san-diego.htm
http://www.las-vegas-nevada-lawyer-attorney-legal-injury-defense-directory.com

ree
Rating
I've had a recurring infection for the past few years, and the pain is unbareable. You need to take her to the dentist asap to find the underlying cause. If it is an infection, you'll need some antibiotics and painkillers. Personally I didn't find painkillers did much, the pain was so bad, but try and find something containing codeine (I bought Paramol) as that worked best for me.

smiley
Rating
depending on your daughters age it could be her wisdom tooth which can be very painful get her to a dentist asap if it is a wisdom tooth and she doesnt go to dentist she could get an abscess which can be a bad infection hope she is better soon if you cant get to a dentist try your local chemist or boots the pharmist will be able to give you something to help the pain

gillian b
go to the dentist. has she had any fillings done lately, if so the fillings are needing adjusted

bob
if you cant get to the dentist the chemist sales tooth tincture it helps numb the pain.try that

chello_b
Find a better dentist . Old age remedies , not as good for people now as in In the early ages people were in alot better shape than they are now .

R♥bin
I agree with the panel, abcess, she may need a root canal. Take her to the dentist. Why are you letting her suffer?? When It comes to teath the only person who can help is a dentist!

Marvelissa
Rating
Sounds like an abcessed tooth. Get her to the dentist right away! They will likely prescribe antibitic therapy to decrease the infection and may also perform a root canal.

Keep this in mind, once I had the same symptoms, was convinced I had a bad tooth - went to the dentist, they checked me out and then sent me to an ENT - It was really sinus trouble! Go figure!!

I don't know Margo
Rating
Good Gawd how long will she suffer worse in the last 36 hrs? get her to the dr or dentist quick as you can poor thing needs antibiotics and something stronger than otc go run don't even read anymore answers!!!!

poussis
Rating
Two possibilities.

1.In growing tooth
2. Navity cavity

One solution. DENTIST immediately.

�♥PinkBoo♥�
It may be cavity problems, or something with the root of the tooth. Tooth pain is the worst pain Ive ever experienced and understand that pain killers really don't work... I suggest you going to the dentist as an emergency...

rftdwg
She most likely has an abscess and the pain killers will not help until the abscess is addressed, she will need antibiotics. She should be seen by a doctor for meds, dentists can also order this type of medicine

Spirit*Girl
Rating
Hi,
Firstly make a dentist oppointment and tell them it is urgent and the pain she is in and they should see you asap.
The best cure that i have found is oil of cloves which can be brought at the chemist.
I do feel for her as toothache is one of the worst pains.

jerry w
Although pain killers are helpful,they will only get rid of the problem for a-while;they wont fix the problem.You need some antibiotic such as amoxicllin and if she has antibiotic and the infection is still there then she needs a stronger antibiotic.

Lars Ulrich
Rating
Tell your daughter not to touch/shake the tooth that's in pain. A warm saline solution (water with salt). Use it as a gargle. If pain still can't be relieved, use hot compress (hot water) or cold compress (ice). If the pain ends, go to a dentist and have the tooth extracted. Always remind your daughter to brush her teeth from now on. Her experience today is a good way of encouraging her (just a slight threat). Prevention is better than cure.

deelightuk2004
36 hours???? She's coped with it for that long??
She really needs to get to a dentist asap. I just hope she's registered because you'll be pushed to find a dentist nowadays who takes on NHS patients, the waiting lists are huge!!!
You only need to read this to see how hard it is too see an NHS dentist:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6364253.stm

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 1.174
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy