Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Who likes the dentist?

I have little spots on my tong that are very sure what are they?

I recently got braces in August and i love to drink ALOT of soda (dr pepper) my dentist says i need to quit?
cant drink soda what what shuld i switch ...

Why don't my teeth get white?
I brush, then floss, then gargle..brush, floss, gargle. Then add the strips and mouth wash. 6 times a day. I don't have money for that air brush stuff that the actors use.....

How can I whiten my teeth without spending a fortune?
and what drinks are good/bad for ...

What are Wisdom teeth for?
What are Wisdom teeth for? when you all ready have a mouth full and you have no blooming room anyway!...

Can u get a wisdom tooth with no pain?
i have an extra tooth growing where my wisdom teeth should come up but i have experienced no pain with it is this normal because everyone i know has been in agony?...

What has teeth,but cannot eat?

Please help people who have or had braces!!!!!!!!!!?
I am getting braces tommorow June 17 and I am kinnda scared does it hurt after and while your getting them what hurts the most?...

Are you afraid to go to the dentist's?
I have to get a filling,and i have been delaying it for years!!Haven't they come up with a different way to deal with cavities,instead of using a drill????
I hate that sound of th drill!!!...

For people who had their wisdom teeth pulled out.....?
Did you go under general or local anesthesia.

because i need to get mine out and the doctor said he will give me general because my teeth are under my gum and bone over it? i dono. do i ...

My wisdom tooth is coming through,im in so much pain but cant get an app.what can i do to ease the pain?

I'm getting braces tomorrow, what can I expect?

I am 63 and have a new tooth growing !?
Honestly .The first time I noticed it was only a corner and my dentist was very dismissive saying it was a bit of root left from a previous extraction,but since then it has grown more and now the ...

How do I get rid of a toothache?
I have a terrible toothache and I have taken Motrin and clove oil (part of what they use in the numbing shots at the dentist) but nothing is working! I'm getting it pulled tomorrow but I have to ...

Should i see a surgeon for my wisdom teeth that have been abcessed for over a year now?
MY wisdom teeth have been coming in since i found out i was pregnant with my first child . she is now 7 months old and it is abcessing again. it is bearly coming in and i can hardly chew should i see ...

Anybody know of any good remedies for toothache to last me till monday till i get to dentists?

Can buck teeth be fixed?
i think my 3 year old daughter has buck teeth, cuz her upper teeth go out farther when her mouth is closed....can this be fixed? i had a friend that has buck teeth and she was always being picked on, ...

Does using Listerine replace flossing???
its because in commericals and on the bottle it saids that Listerine is as effective as flossing. So do i replace flossing with Listerine or do i still have to floss???...

When did you last go to the dentists, without tooth-ache encouraging you ?

Corraline
Could a sinus infection make your tooth hurt?
I had a sinus infection & a sensitive tooth. My dentist took an X-ray of the tooth & (big surprise) said he wanted to do a root canal because it looked like the root was starting to die. He acted like I was an idiot because I thought it could be from the sinus infection... but since I got rid of the sinu infection, my tooth hasn't bothered me again. It's been over a month now. Was I right?

Life after 45
Actually, you probably got the sinus infection FROM the bad tooth, as the bad tooth gives off toxin, and bacteria breeds quickly! Get the tooth fixed!

Mary O
Rating
Are you a dentist? If your dentist told you,you need a root canal then you most likely do you will only have problems with it in the near future.

Joseph K
No. He's the professional. I'm sure he knows what an absess tooth looks like. I do know that an absessed tooth can cause a sinus infection.

ekenny513
Rating
the swelling from the sinus infection could have made the problem that was already there hurt more, but a sinus infection wouldn't cause a tooth ache

jabbergirl
Yes, sinus infections can cause the teeth to hurt, maybe your dentist just wanted a little more dough.

Crystal G
Yes, a sinus infection can definately make your tooth hurt. When the top sinuses are filled with fluid from inflammation or infection, the fluid pressure can cause your upper back teeth to ache.

I would either get a second opinion from a different dentist or wait and see if it starts to bother you again.

Good luck!

bradxschuman
Rating
Go to another dentist fort a second opinion. I've had sinus issues that would occasionally feel like a toothache.

mairzeedotes43
Rating
Yes it can My sister in law had nose surgery done many years ago. She had a toothache and went to the dentist. Nothing was wrong with the tooth. He asked her if she had any recent surgeries, she told him yes plastic nose reconstrucytion. He said that would give the symptoms of a toothache because it involves the sinus and surrounding nerves.

designer_blonde_goddess
Rating
Yes and no. Sinus infections can affect the general wellbeing of the maxillary arch (your upper teeth) and can make the area sensitive. There could also be the fact that your tooth temporarily stopped hurting because more bacteria and food baceame lodged in the existing cavity and has temporarily dulled the pain sensation. If an x-ray was taken and it showed that your root is dying, then it is dying and you need to get a root canal very soon. X-rays do not lie, sweetie, and unfortunately, that tooth will begin hurting again, sinus infection or not.

Eda M
no but an infection in your tooth could travel

timc_fla
Rating
It could be both.
A sinus infection can easily cause a tooth ache.
However, perhaps your tooth is dying and that is why only that tooth was sensitive during your sinus infection.
Sounds like you should get a second opinion or just wait.
tc

Lane
Yup, you were right- tooth pain sure can be caused from sinuses. thats happened to me before, too.
but, if you took an antibiotic to rid yourself of the sinus infection, and ended the tooth pain, you don't know for sure the tooth pain wasn't an unrelated problem which the antibiotic ended, just coincidentally, or it could have even been the source of the sinus pain-

cat
Rating
My teeth always get supersensitive when i have sinus infections. I use sensodyne toothpaste to help with that. It wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion though just to be on the safe side.

Lolly
Maybe. A sinus infection can definitely cause tooth pain. I would see how it goes for the next month and if you have pain, I would consider the root canal.

MOM KNOWS EVERYTHING
I'm sure can. Even an ordianary head cold can sometimes make your teeth feel achy. But if your dentist really saw something on the x-ray, you might have a tooth problem too. If it starts to act of again, maybe a second opinion is in order. My dentist would NEVER recommend unnecessary treatment, but not all are that conscientious.

mattpl
Rating
If your dentist doesn't believe that a sinus infection can cause tooth pain you need to find a new dentist!

Bud's Girl
Rating
Doctors and dentists aren't always right. They are human and make mistakes like the rest of us. You know how your body feels, they go by the book. (Not all of them are like that though). If you are concerned about your tooth anyway, go to another dentist and ask for a second opinion.

its just me
Rating
i think its the tooth problems that can cause your sinuses to mess up.

DEBI M
Rating
yes a sinus infection can cause tooth pain. the floor of the sinuses are located right next to the roots of your teeth.and infection can be spread from one to the other.and as someone else mentioned, the associated pressure and swelling can bring on pain between the two. i wonder though- many dentists refer root canals out to an endodontist now days,due to the specialization of the procedure.a second opinion would be a better decision than assuming that all is well.

nufcspitfire
Rating
Absolutely, the manifestations of sinus pain are a throbbing forehead a numbness below the eyes, an almost mentholated breathing through the nose. Since these nerves are all connected then you feel your teeth, most commonly they can throb or become mosre sensitaive.

ncgator
Rating
It's been my experience, that sinus infections can manifest with many symptoms... including, but not limited to referred dental pain as you describe...I think you were wise in a conservative approach. As a member of the health-care profession, I can assure you, that some health-care professionals do not have your interests at heart, but are more interested in their "pocketbooks"!

Cheshire Princess
Rating
i've had a sinus infection so bad b4 that i thought all my teeth on one side were gonna fall out

scurrel
Rating
oh honey. i have had a sinus infection/inflammation that flares up every now and then, when my allergies go or the weather changes or there's a dense kind of fume in the air (especially really bad exhaust or chemical fume of some kind). whenever it does, the pain runs from the sinuses on either side of my nose down my neck and everything in between, especially the teeth on the left side of my face and my ear. it's excruciating, and some days (like today, ironically), i was up until 5 in the morning trying to find the right position to lay in so my sinuses wouldn't make my face hurt. now, i can drink a glass of ice water and hold the water on that side of my face without a twinge. that's not sensitive teeth, even though my wisdom teeth need to come out. tooth pain isn't positional and it doesn't go away with Sudafed PE, Vicks Vap-O-Rub and Shower Soothers (God bless those things - try them and see if you like them).
I reccommend putting hot washcloths on that side of your face, and breathing in hot (not scalding) humid air from the shower or a humidifier. also helpful is boling a kettle of water and putting it in a bowl, then putting your face over it as long as you can stand it. great for the sinuses, and the pores! :)
hope you feel better soon!!!

Blunt Honesty
Rating
Yes, it can. He wanted your money. Get a new dentist. Or you do have the beginnings of a problem, and the sinus infection was bothering the tender root of the problem tooth. Only time will tell.

jonjon418
Yeah. It's all about the pressure. It probably means that there is something wrong with your tooth, but just the extra pressure in your sinuses can make it hurt whereas otherwise you wouldn't notice it.

Geebies100
Rating
Depends, The overall face pressure is connected to the teeth nerves. I have been to a dentist before over this, and that is what he told me. However, a second opinion may not hurt, because if the root is in fact dying, your dentist may be saving you alot of pain in the future. So much pain that its worth making sure.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.084
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy