Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How many toothbrushes do you have ?

Is 15 a little old to be getting braces?
Ok so i'm 15 years old and finishing my freshman year of high school. Most of my friends are getting their braces off now, but im just now getting mine on this summer. I feel kind of stupid not ...

My teeth is gone yellow HELP!!!!!!1?
my teeth is gone yellow i dont smoke what wll i do to get them white ...

How do you cure mouth odour?
What do I do to get rid odf bad mouth odour? Sometimes when other people speak to me I perceicve nothing, but when I open my mouth....I this strong alkaline breath rushes out. I'cve tried ...

Wisdom teeth help!?
I have to have my wisdom teeth cut out and iam scared as i keep hearing different stories! Do they dislocate your jaw? Do you get put to sleep?
Additional Details

How long do i have to wait to start smoking again after getting my wisdom teeth removed???
idk if it will give me some type of infection or anything so yea...

i got my surgery on wed. and its now sat. can i smoke??...

How many drinks would it take to fight a kangaroo?

I want to get tooth implants...?
I was in a car accident and lost my front side tooth and damaged other teeth (I had the braces wire on). I have been undergoing surgery after surgery to reconstruct all the damage to my mouth. C...

Why do some people not brush their teeth?

How do i get the pain of braces to sooth?
I just got my braces on 3 hours ago and my teeth hurt! how do get the pain to sooth?!?!?...

How does a dentist test for a cracked tooth?
How does the dentist know if a tooth is cracked or not?...

Wisdom teeth pulling?
Ok I have a dentist appt tomarrow. I already know that I have to get my 2 wisdom teeth pulled. Which I am scared to death. But when they numb your gums before they give you the shot. Can you feel the ...

My braces are cuting my inner cheeks what should i do??

I have to get a root canal wed..any advice??
how's the pain..is it really bad?
Additional Details
they told me 2 take 1 Valium the night before and 2 an hour before the ...

I am having all 4 wisdom teeth extracted in 2 hours!?
Freaking out slightly... I dont do well with pain =(

I have soft foods to eat, and am off work for a couple days.

Any words of "wisdom" for me Teehee!...

Best way to whiten your teeth?
Without having to take an uber expensive trip to a dentist?
Additional Details
I'm aware brushing works, for the dumb f u c k s ...

Trying to save some money on dental work, have any thoughts?
My neighbor Henry is real handy with tools and fixing things.
He said he could drill my bad tooth with his Black& Decker, and fill it with bondo. I am considering it, have any thoughts?...

Would you smile if you had very bad-ly aligned teeth?

Additional Details
well not everyone can affort treatments!!...

How do U get a gap in your teeth fixed?
Not that I have one but my friend does... she wants to get fixed before we get into our senior year in High School. Her gap is like little in her two front teeth.
So does anyone know a solution ...

Poll: How many of you actually floss your teeth daily?
be honest!...

jax83
Chipped tooth, can anything be done by dentist?
I have a chip in my front tooth, which I did when I was younger. It makes the tooth appear wonky and I hate it
My two front teeth are longer than the rest (yes,a biy like a rabbit)
Is there anyway a dentist can file/cut them down to make them the same lenght as the rest, as this will get rid of the chip? if so is it pricey?
Additional Details
I had a baby 8wks ago, and currently have a maternity exemption, will this cover such work?

gigglebox27
Rating
all teh dentist will do is fill it and send you on yor way.

town_cl0wn
Rating
yes, they will more than likely file the chipped tooth down

prices vary from dentist to dentist but if you're under the NHS, the government actually pays a contribution towards your treatment (whether you're working or not) and you stump up the rest...and it wont cost you that much actually....treatment only gets expensive when you start replacing teeth with crowns, bridge work etc...

a typical scale and polish (under the NHS) only costs around £8-15...unless you don't have to pay for it at all, that is...

If you go private, you will pay the full costs of any treatment

so I'm guessing, simply filing your teeth down, will probably cost you very little, due to the work done...I chipped one of my teeth, and this is exactly what the dentist did and my tooth hasnt decayed...

unless of course, you're from the USA, I hear it's pricey even for a typical scale and polish there...so I wouldnt like to hazard a guess at what it may cost you

ps...maternity exemption covers all dental treatment apart from cosmetic treatments (tooth filing is not cosmetic) up until your baby is one year old...so I'd really take advantage of that and get as much done as you can....

pss veneers are considered cosmetic, and they wont replace an otherwise healthy tooth, and if they did, you'd more than likely be given a crown...hope that helps...unless as I said you went private, which your maternity exemption certainly wont cover

andrewp_gmg
Rating
A cosmetic dentist can file your teeth down and cap them with porcelain veneers (hollywood style)
This normally costs a couple of hundred £££ per tooth.
You can't file them down and leave them, because it would expose the teeth and they would decay v. quickly.

bostonchick
Rating
yes. A crown will fix the problem. They are very expensive, but find a dentist that will put you on a payment plan. They have all kinds of stuff out there now for people who can't afford it. If it bothers you that much, do it.

mo
Rating
Go to a dentist - they are professionals and will give you your options - and a price plan - hope it all works out.

pgb_trey
Rating
A replacement will be screwed into the jaw which then gets colored to fit the same color as the rest of your teeth.
hope u got insurance

cookingpancake
Rating
Cosmetic dentistry can easily fix all of this. Most likely a resin to fix the chip and filing down of the front teeth and adding a little bit of resin to the bottom of the teeth. I had a large gap between my two front teeth and it made me look like a rabbit. I live in Texas so I traveled down to Mexico and for $40 and 20 minutes of time the dentist matched my tooth color with a resin he mixed up and filled in the gap and polished it smooth. There was no pain or discomfort at all and the offices were very nice. The dentist was actually educated in Los Angeles, but said he could make more money in the little border town of Progresso. It looks great and it's still looking good after five years.

spiko
Rating
Yes it can be done. Price depends on what dentist surgery you go to. It can be quite pricey in UK. You can get it done cheaper and arguably better in various places in Europe (including cost of travel!).

nikki
yes they can do something the will be able to make them the same length as the rest. remember it will be very pricey seeing that the denists are now private at not nhs BUT there is a sceme that has been introduced where the nhs will pay for part of your work that needs done! look around and see what you can find.

susie x ♥♥♥
Rating
Not sure if they can file your tweeth down but my son had a chip on his front tooth after a fall and the dentist added some filler to the chip and the tooth looked normal...for a couple of days anyway. It was not very strong and came off. We repeated the process but it didnt last...again! Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

rebecca_sld
Rating
Yes, it can be done, and yes it is pricey.

uncle billy
it can all be fixed & yes it is expensive.

Sue
My daughter broke off a corner of her front tooth when she was about 7 years old. The dentist rebuilt the piece she broke off with the same stuff they use for white fillings and it looks fine - you can only just notice it in fluorescent lighting - its a slightly different colour. She is 24 now and has had no trouble with it.

I have an uneven bite and as a result I have one front tooth longer than the other as it has not worn down at the same rate - my dentist offered to file it down to match, so I know this can be done. I refused as I felt removing good enamel wasn't something I wanted to have done.

Hope this helps.

Max
Rating
Go to the roughest pub you can find and tell the biggest bloke in there that he looks gay, and he'll fix it for free.

spidoing n
you could get a veneer, they file your old tooth down then cement a porcelain one on top. If you happen to be in the UK and pregnant you will get it free, otherwise it'll cost ya.

Shizzle
Rating
Get crowns

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy