Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I chipped my front tooth last night and it looks awful!! Do dentists open on a sunday??? ?

Additional Details
Also, how much would the treatment be for a chipped tooth? It's a small chip on the front tooth. Just had a quick look on the internet and it says my treatment ...

For the people who had braces!!!!?
okay, i will be taking off my braces tomorrow and i am kind of scared. Does it hurt, how does it feel,wont there be yellow stains, do they clean them, what do you put on next? Please i need info!!!<...

Does the dentist hurt you when you have to fill a cavatie?

How do you get rid of bad breath?

What is bad about chewing tabaco and how can it hurt you??
what is bad about chewing tabaco and how can it hurt you??...

Is my dentist crazy?
I just had my wisdom teeth removed. He prescribed the following (no joke):

1. Phenergan suppositories
2. Percocet
3. Phenergan tablets
4. Ibuprofen 600
5. Vicodin

If your false tooth fell down a public toilet would you wearer them again?

I hate brushing my teeth!!!! What can i do to make this more fun?

I have a sore on my tong what is it?
i hearts when i bit donw on it .

it is small ((dot size(smaller than the tip of a shoe string))

on the tip of my tong. literally.
Additional Details
good ...

How long will my mouth hurt after root canal?
I had to go to the dentist this morning because I had toothache, he said the tooth was badly decayed and he had to do a root canal on it. The local anaesthetic has worn off now and it's quite ...

Why don't they make 1 toothpaste that does everything?
You have to decide which is your priority: Healthy Gums or White Teeth or Fresh Breath or added Flouride or simply Clean Teeth! Why not mix them all together to make 1 tube that does it all it would ...

What's the best cure for a toothache?
Besides going to the dentist, of course....

I have a real bad tooth ach?
i lost a tooth and now my gum where the tooth was is starting to hurt alot. is there any home remedies i can use to help ease the pain w/ out going to a dentist. i tried using over the counter tooth ...

Can brushing your teeth too much be bad for them?
Sounds silly but can you over brush your ...

Brushing your teeth.....?
do you do it every single nite?...

My gums bleed a lot especially while brushing.plez suggest.?

Rubber bands and braces ?
i am getting braces jan 31 and i have an over bite will i need rubber bands , and will my braces have to stay on ...

DESPRATE! Where can i get a sports guard for teeth from?
I have a crack on my tooth and the dentist said that i need a sports guard to protect it from bracking. I play alot of sports during the week and i dont want to stop so where can i get a sports guard!...

Is there any way to find out if i have a cavity without going to the dentist?
i think i might have a cavity but i am not sure....:(...

What do you think when you see people with a nice set of teeth?
Personally mine are like a row of tombstones and hey blacks the new ...

tony
Can you use superglue safely on dental caps?

bor_rabnud
Rating
Yes and it works well.

Ah!
I dont know how safe it is but I know plenty of people who have done it, and are still alive!

ClassyTraditional
I wouldn't recommend it. Phone your dentist and ask what the cost is for a re-cement. In the office I work in it's not that expensive, and you can be sure it's done with the proper materials. It's up to you, good luck.

Liquid Solid
actually it's not safe. perhaps short term its ok but in long term condition, you'll find it bad for your health.

IKNOWTHAT
If the tooth is dead and has had a root canal, yes a little bit until you can get into the dentist wont hurt. but not for long term. If it has not had a root canal, then no, it can kill the tooth and cause pain and then a root canal will need to be done.

Andy K
Rating
yes but let the fumes dye off first and happy chomping..

F T
No! No! and NOOO!!!! Superglue is toxic. Go see a dentist!

Karen N
My dentist told me if a cap ever fell out to use a dental adhesive such as poligrip or fixadent, and then go to the dentist. Super Glue may damage the cap so that it can't be reapplied, which would mean them having to create a new one. I think it would be cheaper to pay the dental visit for them to recement the cap (less than 100), than them having to create a new one (between 400 to 1000). Just my guess though.

Star dust
do you have a steady hand?

laliz181
Rating
go to the dental stuff at a store there should be something there for you to use till you go to the dentist.

LEX
Rating
I would'nt use superglue in your mouth!!!!

jojo8
Rating
NO! Don't use superglue in the mouth, not only is it not good for you, it can cause damage to the crown it won't be able to be put back on by a dentist without having a new one made. If you need to put the crown back on temporarily until you can get to a dentist try using fixodent or some denture adhesive, just remember to take it out a night so you don't swallow it in your sleep. Please just see dentist it will save you in the long run.

Owlwings
Rating
Really, it's far best to go and see a dentist but I believe that dentists sometimes use superglue, so theoretically, yes. I think a two part epoxy would probably be stronger, though.

DON'T, however, try doing it yourself! At least have someone with a steady hand do it for you! Superglue sets FAST in the presence of moisture, so one misplaced drop of superglue and you will be in A&E for a glued cheek or jaw! Ouch!

Protect the rest of your mouth with tissue. Check the loose cap for a good fit, using tweezers, if possible. Dry the tooth and the cap with tissue. Open the superglue and apply a very small drop to the cap. Quickly and surely press it into good contact with the tooth and hold it for 10 seconds with a piece of tissue. Wipe any excess glue off with the tissue and remove tissue and rinse the mouth.

jjthinstrips
Rating
http://www.howstuffworks.com/dental12.htm

It says you can use Krazy glue to help before a visit to your dentist...

But it also states this in an ad...
Resist the temptation of superglue, and go for a dental repair kit instead. OK, it might mean an embarrassing encounter with a pharmacist, as well as having to face dentistry-related paraphernalia... but it really is a much safer choice. Boots stock the Dentanurse kit...
So, who is right? Take your chances, and really think about what to do...

Suzanne L
Rating
No, is the answer, superglue is toxic if ingested and I don't care how careful you think you are, you will ingest some. Just go to the Dentist and have it stuck on properly. If you can't be arsed with that, pop down to the chemist and they normally stock a temporary cement - that should keep you going for a while.

litpooo
Rating
My father in law always used it for that

elainecynthia
Be careful. Contact your dentist he will probably not charge very much to fix them. Good luck

theresa d
NO, go to the chemist and get a temp cement, super glue can damage the material of the crown and its bad for you,
be sensible here, either see dentist or temp cement it in ureslef, but seeing dentist is the safest idea, as if u cement it in wrongly you could swallow it in the night which could be dangerous

Foxy Jay
Rating
NO!!!! apart from causing untold damage to your gums, the superglue 'melts' the interior of the crown (cap) and would then make it unable to be used ever again. If the cost of getting it re-fitted by a dentist is too high, go to Boots Chemist, they sell products for sticking them back in, they are primarily for emergencies only, ie on holiday and can't get to a dentist, but they do work and are a lot safer

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, September 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy