Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What causes bad breath even though you go to the dentist and to the doctor?
I brush, visit the dentist,but i have a bad odor on my breath , i'm very self conscious. if you have any pointer please help me....

Is it okay to use Super Glue to glue in a tooth- bridge that has fallen out?

Does it hurt to get your braces off?? Also how do they do it?
Does it hurt to get your braces off?? And how do they take your braces off??...

What are the best foods to eat after getting wisdom teeth removed?
My boyfriend is getting his out on the 23rd and I want to be able to pamper him without feeding him things that will be painful....

I've just had a filling. How long should I leave it untill I eat?

What happens if you fall asleep with gum in your mouth?

Can bad tooths cause headaches?

How do I stop grinding my teeth without sleeping with a mouth guard?
I am ruining my teeth because I grind them in my sleep. I tried using my night guard and I wake up with my teeth hurting and feeling as though they've shifted. I need help!...

Any way to make my teeth feel as clean as they do right after the denist cleans them?
don't have another appointment for cleaning for 2 more months.....any special cleaning methods ishould know about?...

Why nobody is running for the teeth, which are very important for general health?

Why do we have to pay for dental work?
if you go to the doctors and have an injection they don't say at the end of it "here's a bill for £40"

so why is it like that at the dentist?
Additional Details

Blood from my teeth jaws while brushing what to do?

Whats wrong with my tongue?
my tongue has been a light green color for a while now, when i looked it up on the internet i didnt get much info, it did say that i could have a serious internal problem or something though, but i ...

Uhhh teeth help!!!!????
i have a question..i haven't been to the dentist in over 5 years & i think i possibly have a cavity..but my problem is..i want to get braces because theres a space in between my front teeth ...

What do dentists do with all the teeth they extract?

I have like 6 blisters inside my mouth, how do I get rid of them, it really hurts?
Eventually, in a week or two it goes away by itself. But I want to know what causes it and how to treat it the proper way to and how to prevent it. Thanks in advance....

Can i drink coffee while taking antibiotics?
My dentist told me to eat antibiotics for a week and I love coffee....

What is the best way to ease breath Oder?

What's the point of flossing?
What's the purpose of flossing? Is it to remove food debris from in between teeth?

Is it OK to have a tea after flossing, or should one floss again afterwards?

Is it OK to ...

Has anyone heard of a baby being born with teeth?
my grandbaby was born with two bottom teeth.does any one know any thing about this?the doctor said the would come out
but i'm afraid they will come out and she will swallow them.i have ...

kjf1975
Can you brush your teeth too much ?
My 2 year old daughter tries to brush her teeth everytime she goes the bathroom , can you brush your teeth too much ?

bootzey
No. Unless you are using something abrasive like baking soda.

Elmo B
Rating
It is possible to damage your teeth through too much brushing, if you continually use force each time you brush, or you are using an abrasive product. The enamel can wear off your teeth over time if you brush too much.

Also, over-brushing can lead to receding gums, and in turn, gum disease.

Choose a gentle toothpaste for your daughter to use, and if you notice anything - chipped or cracked teeth or redness in the gums, consult a dentist.

duoak
Rating
Yes, overbrushing can strip the enamel from the surface of the tooth. The enamel is what protects the teeth. You should be especially careful with small children because overbrushing (and especially too much fluorine from the toothpaste) will cause mottling (rotting of the teeth) and the enamel.

Mya Martinez
Yes you can because brushing your teeth too much can weaken your teeth making them sensative and more easily broken, you should only clean your teeth 4 times a day max!!!!

Nurse Nancy
Rating
Yes, you can. I would advise that you stop your daughter brushing her teeth so often. This can be acheived by letting her brush someone else's instead. Please forward your address and I'll send you my falsies for her to practice on.

soho
Rating
Yes! Overbrushing can irritate the gums, even partially strip them away. My dentist tells me that with proper brushing technique, one needs to brush only 2 minutes (30 seconds per "quadrant"), 1x/day, but realistically speaking, since no one has perfect technique, twice a day, 2 minutes/time. A habit like your daughter's could lead to gum recession, and likewise, sensitive teeth.

?
Rating
Yes you can brush your teeth too much, causing damage to the enamel.

However, since she is two, she probably isn't brushing with the correct position or enough force to do any damage. Also, she only has baby teeth at this point. I would be glad that she sees brushing her teeth as a fun activity and not make too big a deal out of it. If you are concerned, check with her dentist.

ross f
yes! it is not good to brush your teeth after you have had something acidic to eat/drink like fruit juice or juice

kit
Rating
Yes, it can cause reseeding gums.... but i would double check with a dentist just to be safe

Serena M
Good for her...she likes to brush. You may want to visually check her gums and look for signs of redness or abrasion. Brushing often is fine, but using to much pressure is the problem. You may want to remind her and impress upon her to do it gentle. Also, just because shes brushing herself and often, doesn't insure she is doing a good job. You may want to still check all surfaces of all teeth and go in behind her and brush all the areas she may have missed. Another thought...if your area has fluoride or if she is on fluoride supplements and her toothpaste has fluoride AND if she is using toothpaste everytime she brushes (which is often), she may be injesting too much fluoride. You may want to research and monitor the amount of fluoride she is getting. It is not a case where "more" is better, as it will weaken the teeth if the dose is not correct.

HeatherS
For a two year old to cause damage to teeth or tissue would be highly unlikely. She is just showing you that she can, and probably doesn't do any harm to the few she has. It's probably the tooth paste that she likes, just be careful with that. She doesn't need to swallow it, so I would let her brush with just water for those frequent brushings and save the smidgen of paste for morning and bedtime. It might reduce her enjoyment a little, although you don't want to discourage her from her new found talent! Good luck!

little flower
it is possible but i dont think at her age she will be putting much pressure on them so it should be ok

cookie
Rating
Yes you can brush too much and too hard. For most people, three times a day is fine and an important thing to remember is to use a soft bristle brush. The hard brushes can irritate your gums and can cause erosion of the tooth enamel. Also, be careful that she is not swallowing the toothpaste because children's toothpaste is flavored like bubble gum and other flavors designed to taste good to kids. If she wants to brush more often, try letting her do it with just the soft brush and water instead of toothpaste. It's great that at two years old, she is forming such a good hygiene habit. Congratulations on that.

taz c
You can take the enamel off the teeth if you brush them too much. You must choose a toothpaste which is not harsh on the teeth if your daughter is keen to brush regularly.

Carrie
Rating
Yes you can brush your teeth too much. She will end up brushing away the enamel which protects the teeth. Try having her brush them with water if she's so inclined to brush everytime she goes to the bathroom. Tell her toothpaste is only for morning, afternoon and night.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy