Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Which is better Invisaline or braces?
My teeth aren't all together and i have a spot that crowds. which wiilbe better Invisaline or regular ...

Should I complain?
I banged my mouth early this year and the swelling was terrible. I couldnt eat, move my mouth or sleep and was in constant pain. One of the doctors I saw at the hospital in torbay a&e said "...

I'm seconds away from kicking my co-worker in the teeth, he's that annoying... any suggestions?

What kind of food do u eat when u have braces?
i got braces, it hurtz and when i eat it hurtz. what do i do? what do i eat?...

Should I brush my teeth before using mouthwash or the other way round?

Need help with a baby tooth?
I got a baby tooth and got braces. They didn't put a wire over it because they thought that would help me make the tooth lose. It has been there for like over a year now and I can't get it ...

I just got my lip pierced yesterday. Am I able to drink soda?
Am I able to drink soda when I got my lip pierced yesterday?...

Advise on best teeth whitening products over the shelf thanks?

Dentists, good or bad ?
got bad toothache, its lasted a week and was hoping it was gonna go away, it hasn't.

dentists, should i go or wait and hope a little longer ?

my teeth just arent good

How much toothpaste should an adult use on a toothbrush?
I put a pea size on my brush, while my boyfriend fills the whole top of his brush with toothpaste. I think he uses WAY too much toothpaste on his brush (we're already out and I just bought a ...

I'v got no teeth and am not eligible for false ones, what shall I do?

Additional Details
WTF!?!? GRIN AND BEAR IT?
WITH WHAT?...

Help! When I brushed my teeth................?
I bought a new brush today and when I brushed my teeth, the toothpaste turned bright red and I was bleeding from quite a few areas....this has never happened before in my life?

The ...

Do you know what a frenectomy is??
I had one today and i was just wondering how many people actually knew what it was....

Why do I gag when I brush my teeth and what can I do to stop?

Wisdom teeth?
my best friend just had her wisdom teeth taken out wat can she eat that will not harm her mouth she only had them out yesterday finding it hard to talk any ...

What do dentists do with your teeth after they have been pulled?
I just had three wisdom teeth pulled and was curious. I forgot to ask the dentist....

I am getting braces?
What are the best braces to get to be camoflaged or disguised in my teeth? Porcelain I heard? Any other ones?...

I still got my wisdom teeth?
I had my lower wisdom teeth for a few years but my top just finsihed showing up. is it bad if I have them for too long? also I heard that if you dont get them take out they will push all your teeth ...

Will your face sink in if you have 2 teeth pulled on one side?
I had a tooth pulled on my right side several years ago and now I need another one pulled rght by that gap. Will this affect my mouth or appearance in any way. I am 29 years old if that makes any ...

I have a lump on the roof of my mouth, I don't smoke or chew tobacco. Has anyone experienced this before?

bkah83
Can wisdom teeth cause you to have aches all over, chills, and severe tiredness?
I recently had aches, severe temperature changes (to cold) in my body, and the want to sleep constantly. I went to my physician and a trusted RN several times througout the week and no one knows what it is. I also have had severe pain in my lower left wisdom tooth that is already in. Could my wisom tooth be the cause for my illness?? I am no longer achy, cold or sleepy but my wisdom tooth hurts a lot more than it did.

Farah G
yes, thats why people get them taken out. I have heard a lot of people say they didnt even realize how bad it was until they got them out and see how much better they feel. Go ahead and get them taken out. I hope you feel better.

L
Yes, particulary if it's impacted and infected. Go to dentist.
Mine was like that too, the infection went from acute (symptoms) to chronic (no symptoms). Dentist warned though could cause further silent problems, including blood poisoning.

crowfeathers
Rating
Wisdom teeth don't cause aches and chills unless they are infected. There is just no reason to take wisdom teeth out if they are not infected. Maybe some reason if they are impacted and painful, but still, I don't think impacted wisdom teeth will cause you to have chills and aches.

Doctors used to take tonsils out to prevent problems but now we know that was a bad decision. So, if there is no pain or infection, you shouldn't have them.removed!

Shalltell
I don't know... but it did cause me headaches. And my headaches do escalate to fever type symptoms when I don't take a pain killer.

dontimaginetheyllallcometrue
Honestly, it really could be that. When babies are teething they have fevers and can become sick to their stomachs. It's the same things with adults.

stitchfan85
Rating
i'm not sure if it can cause you to get a fever or headaches. when i had mine in, they just hurt my gums for a while. i actually still have my two top ones, and i feel fine!

thesisbug
When I had mine removed (all four at once), it took me 3 weeks to recover. During the 3 weeks I had constant aches around my jaw and upper neck, headaches, etc. I don't remember temperature change like fever or flu-like coldness.

You could have infections from the surgery. Did the orthodontist prescribe antibiotics? Mine gave me pain medicine and antiobotices for several days.

donnabellekc
I think if there was an infection in it, you could have the chills, body aches, etc. Good luck.

Susan G
Go to the dentist - your tooth may be infected and probably should be extracted anyway. Use orajel for the discomfort (wet cotton swab and put a small amount of orajel on the swab and then rub over the hurt area.

Joan B
For a very good article on wisdom teeth, visit:

http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dental-wisdom-teeth.htm

http://www.san-diego-dentist.us
http://san-diego-dentists.blogspot.com
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dentist-tijuana-dentist.html
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/tijuana-dentist.htm
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dental-implants.html
http://www.medical-research-study-directory.info/san-diego-medical-research-study.htm
http://www.las-vegas-nevada-lawyer-attorney-legal-injury-defense-directory.com

lotta
Yes, wisdom teeth can make you feel pretty miserable...

The Complete Idiot
Rating
i believe that is possible. i believe soda drinks or acidic drinks in general are bad for wisdom teeth, whether or not you brush your teeth all the time, in case that matters to you. I think garlic, zinc, vitamin C, echinacea/goldenseal, good multivitamin are fine ideas. might as well jump in hot shower, get good and warm, then turn on full cold (or close to it) and stand there for 30 seconds. Turn around and get both sides. Then do neck stretches in all the good directions... front/back, side-side, turn to sides, and roll. Most of these things are to improve circulation or to otherwise help fight infection. My instinct says take ibubrofen but that may be wrong.

But... I think that problem may very well demand a dentist's immediate attention and probably then an oral surgeon. I'm surprised your doctors didn't send you right in. They are the doctors though, not me.

bmac
Holy cow......why haven't you gone to the dentist?

roxhart78
Rating
I believe it can if there is an infection. A fever is usually caused by your body trying to kill something in your body off. The chills are due to the changes in temperature in your body. I don't know if you told the RN or physician about your jaw pain, but it could be infected.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy