Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Can cavities be removed?
can it be or not?
Additional Details
what do they do? do they strip off a portion of the teeth?...

Why do we chew gum?
????...

I have terrible breath and I am VERY EMBARRASSED ABOUT IT. HELP?
Hey guys I'm a guy and I'm 13 years old. Most of the girls in my school either have or would go out with me. I am a pretty popular guy, and such. But I HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM. BAD BREATH. I ...

How painful is a root canal?
This is my first one....

How long does it take for the pain to go away when you take a wisdom tooth out?

What Happens If You DOn't Floss Your Teeth?
I don't floss because it hurts and don't like ...

Root Canal: Should I schedule a day off?
I have to have a root canal on Thursday. It's after work, so no problem there. Is the pain intense enough the day after the procedure that I will need to take a day off of work? I'm a ...

I just got braces....they hurt so bad...any idea on how to get rid of the pain?
I wanted braces so bad....NOW I WANT THEM OFF! they hurt so bad!.....HELP!...

Will getting my wisdom teeth out hurt?
i am very petrafied and scared to have them out cause they are putting me to ...

What is your opinion of drinking and driving?

Pls help b quick?
at what age groups, do wisdom teeth grow out of the gum?
i am 18 i still don't have ...

What is the best way to have clean teeth?
what is the best way to clean my teeth using a regular toothbrush and floss and crest toothpaste? how long should i brush and what teqnique should i use to get the whitest and most clean teeth i can ...

Is it save to brush your teeth with peroxide and baking soda?

Braces Colors???
I'm getting braces pretty soon. And I've been thinking about the colors Neon Orange and Hot Pink. Is that weird? Any other suggestions?...

Ready for a dumb Question?
They always say "brush the back of your tongue" to get all the bacteria. But how am i to do so, without gagging and throwing up? I brush back as far as possible. But am not able to get all ...

What do you think about drinking and drivng?

My sister has really bad teeth, help - Serious answers please.?
My sister has really bad teeth, i mean really bad, i think it has now got to the stage her gums are getting infected, but she just wont go to the dentist..... Even my little boy wont give her kisses ...

What do you think about braces?

What's good for a toothaches?

Additional Details
Am going to dentist when I can get ...

I going to have a tooth removed and then braces put on my teeth. WIll it hurt?
I am the biggest baby in the world when it comes to pain. My dentist said that he first needs to take out a tooth from my mouth before he can apply the braces on my teeth. I was wondering how much ...

kristina
Can a cavity go away on its on?
My boyfriend has some cavities that he is refusing to get filled. Will they go away on his own if he keeps brushing and doesnt eat sweets??

James B
Rating
Yes and no. I had three small cavities and had not been to the dentist in about 5 years when I began working out, reduced my sugar intake drastically, only drinking diet soda etc.

What happened was that my cavities (according to my dentist) went through a process called de-calcification. The cavity became hard and once again a healthy part of the tooth. It remained discolored, but was no longer in a state of decay.

The dentist asked me if there was a drastic change in the oral care I was taking with my mouth and he explaind the whole thing to me, even taking images of the de-calcification because it is rare. The teeth to this day remain healthy and do not need fillings. I go to the dentist regularly now. So yes, it is never too late for a tooth, cavities can be "reversed" . Read up on decalcification, I'll bet many of you will be surprised.

Just my two cents...

nosunshinewhenshesgone77
Rating
No next thing you know - you will be spending 1000.00 on a root canal. Go get it fixed. Most dentists have payment plans

MikeyW
need a filling

Ms. Steel
Rating
It depends, if the cavities youre talking about are incipient
(white spot lesions) meaning they look white and chalky without any visible cavitation then he can rinse with fluoride and make the tooth in question healthy again. but if the tooth has a visible cavitation (hole) then no, the cavity won't go away regardless of his efforts. he should see a dentist before his cavity becomes a bigger problem which will cost more.

It'sJustMe♥
UmMm... that would be a NO!

sorry to sound mean but thats kinda obvious.

sit in the hat damn scott
Rating
cavitys can not go away on its own..
cavitys are holes in your teeth

llexiann30
Cavities do not go away on there own and if he doesnt get it filled he could get an infection and if thats not treated , the infection can get in his blood stream. If it doesnt get infected and the cavity gets bigger he could end uop needing the tooth extracted.

Sunidaze
Rating
Of course they are not going to go away, they are actual holes in his teeth and will only get worse.

Alex G
At best he can slow down the rate of decay, but unfortunately, they will not get any smaller. Once the enamel layer has been punctured (such as in cavities), the teeth are bare and exposed to the bacteria that eat through them.

Better get him to a dentist!!

brookelynn
Rating
cavities cant go away on there own
after awhile they will ruin your teeth and have to get them removed. he should get them filled, immediatly

tomctom
The will only get worse, it doesn't matter how well you brush at this point. Only a dentist can help you. And then good habbits after that. tell your boyfriend to stop acting like a sissy and go get his teeth fixed.

ericowen_98
No. He needs to see a dentist as soon as possible. The decay will eventually kill the nerve associated with a lot of pain beforehand. This can cause an infection. This infection can spread to his gums, his jaw, and even his brain, which could kill him. This is a serious matter that needs attention sooner rather than later. Also the longer he waits the more expensive it will be.

F
I highly doubt it. GO SEE A DENTIST BEFORE YOUR TEETH ROT OUT!!!!!
:)

tmhd
Rating
Nope. The bacteria are already there.

Andrew G
Rating
They will persist until the decay reaches the tooth nerve, THEN he'll seek a dentist. But it is much better to have the problem fixed earlier. It's a common male trait to avoid going to the dentist. Some see it as a sort of male castration complex (I don't know why).

little_one23
'Fraid not. Go see a dentist.

wayfaroutthere
No. A cavity is a hole in his tooth. He may be able to prevent further decay, but even this isn't likely. The hole in his tooth is a good place for the bacteria that cause cavities to hide, and any time he leaves sugar in his mouth he's feeding them--I don't think brushing would do much to stop his cavities from getting worse.

If he is afraid of the dentist, remind him that if he waits until it hurts, he'll need a root canal, at triple the pain and triple the bill.

No, they just get worse.

sweetgirl
No! They will continue to decay and get worse until he either has very bad tooth pain or the rot and fall out.

thomas
Rating
No, you can't regrow enamel. He'll have to get tehm filled or they'll continue to grow.

Cap'n Mad Jack Cheddar
Rating
Yes, once the whole tooth rots away.

Larry G
Rating
My suggestion? Get a boyfriend with better hygene.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy