Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How do i get the pain of braces to sooth?
I just got my braces on 3 hours ago and my teeth hurt! how do get the pain to sooth?!?!?...

How does a dentist test for a cracked tooth?
How does the dentist know if a tooth is cracked or not?...

Wisdom teeth pulling?
Ok I have a dentist appt tomarrow. I already know that I have to get my 2 wisdom teeth pulled. Which I am scared to death. But when they numb your gums before they give you the shot. Can you feel the ...

My braces are cuting my inner cheeks what should i do??

I have to get a root canal wed..any advice??
how's the pain..is it really bad?
Additional Details
they told me 2 take 1 Valium the night before and 2 an hour before the ...

I am having all 4 wisdom teeth extracted in 2 hours!?
Freaking out slightly... I dont do well with pain =(

I have soft foods to eat, and am off work for a couple days.

Any words of "wisdom" for me Teehee!...

Best way to whiten your teeth?
Without having to take an uber expensive trip to a dentist?
Additional Details
I'm aware brushing works, for the dumb f u c k s ...

Trying to save some money on dental work, have any thoughts?
My neighbor Henry is real handy with tools and fixing things.
He said he could drill my bad tooth with his Black& Decker, and fill it with bondo. I am considering it, have any thoughts?...

Would you smile if you had very bad-ly aligned teeth?

Additional Details
well not everyone can affort treatments!!...

How do U get a gap in your teeth fixed?
Not that I have one but my friend does... she wants to get fixed before we get into our senior year in High School. Her gap is like little in her two front teeth.
So does anyone know a solution ...

Poll: How many of you actually floss your teeth daily?
be honest!...

O.K. My brother and I were eating earlier and both of us burned our tongues. This got me thinking:

If you burn yourself badly enough on other parts of your body, you could loose all sensation on those parts.

My question is: Do your taste buds loose sensation if
a) they ...

Help i have bad breath?
I have really bad breath and I've tried everything to get rid if it.

I brush my teeth up to 4 times a day, I floss twice and I use mouthwash as often as I can through out the day. I&#...

White spot on my throat!??
Well its like.right above my tonsil. not on my tonsil. and it burns. and its all red around it. its been there a few days now. what could it be??
Additional Details

Throbbing toothache!!?
i have really bad toothache and can't get an appointment at the dentist until next week. what can i do to relieve the pain? it keeps me awake most of the night and is driving me mad.please help....

Is going to the dentist really that bad and scary???

How do i get my enamel back in my teeth?
I've used so many whitestrips already that my teeth look transparente! Is there any toothpaste, mouthwash, or treatment I can use?...

My dad said i might need a brace, what do you think? (pic included)?
http://www.ag.state.oh.u
They look fine to ...

What happens if I use a whole box of crest white strips at one time?

Additional Details
I meant if i kept putting the strips on one after another not all of them on my teeth at one time....

Do listerine whitening strips really work?
They are pretty expensive so I only want to pay money for them if they really do whiten. DO THEY REALLY NOTICEABLY WHITEN YOUR TEETH IN 2 WEEKS AS THE BOX STATES? thanks in advance!...

Chrissyanthemum
Broken Tooth?
I'm back home for the holidays and a piece of my lower back tooth has broken off. It's very sharp and rubbing against my tongue, but I can't go to the dentist until Wednesday when I get back. My tongue is sore and cut up, and I don't know what to do. Any help??
Additional Details
Obviously I am not going to the dentist where I am because it is Christmas eve & tomorrow is Christmas day. They're not open.

z17
1st go to dentist.

tandkalexander
Rating
Go to a dentist where you are. Why wait?

ActorBoy
Rating
try finding a dentist where you are

volleyballplaya72
gargle with hot salt water...it works wonder

good luck and i hope you feel better

♥Miss My Husband♥
Get that mouth numbing swab stuff from a drug store like CVS or Walgreens.

G G
Rating
Ive used a nail file to smooth it out, like a metal one on some clippers (clean ones). You can get some oral meds at the store to numb your tongue in that area.

Aisha
Rating
I know how you feel. but you'll be freed from this pain soon. but for now you can only set in front of your TV and try to get your mind busy away from the pain, tongue and broken tooth. you can have some pain killers. and try to keep your tongue away from that tooth..just remember: everything will be alright, they'll fix it for you in no time.

Helen DDS
Rating
Sugarless gum as a cushion for now, that's the easiest to do

LJ T
Rating
Many pharmacies or Walmart sell a type of wax or tooth repair kit that you can use to protect the area and your tongue. Go have a look for something like Dentek Toothache Kit or temporary filling. You may also want to try wax that is used for braces.

Racheal H
Rating
this happened to me when i was younger, until i went to the dentist i chewed chewing gum and put it over the sharp tooth and put pieces of apple on it lol, it stopped it scratching my tooth and made it less sharp

oh and if it isn't painful, brush it, cos the bristtles on your toothbrush can soften it abit

michael g
to help the pain of the tooth smash a aspirin to a powder the put it directly on the tooth the apply dental wax which can be found at almost any store

BC
An emery board is perfect for filing down the rough edges until you can get to a dentist. Cost less than a dollar for a pack. Don't use aspirin as it can burn your gums and cause damage. I had to do this over the Thanksgiving holidays myself until I could get to the dentist. The broken tooth can really cut up your tongue so you have to do something, I know.

ASDZA’NI
At a store like Walmart... I believe its where the dental floss is. They have Dental Wax. Its usually for when you have a sharp place on your braces but it can be used for a harp tooth too. Just take a small piece of it and press it over the sharp tooth. (You'll have to take it out when you eat and put a new piece.)

Miss J if ya nasty
I had the same thing happen and I went to the dentist they filed it down so it wasnt sharp just till I can get in there to get it fixed I still havent done it
Look in the store they have stuff like wax that people with braces use so they dont cut there gums you can try that

Kristin M
Rating
go to walmart or some place similar and go to the pharmacy area they have a emergency filling kit that you roll into a ball and put over the hole and it hardens it will last for a few days til you get to the dentist.... or if you can't find that find some of those candy liquid wax stuff and pour the liquid out and cover the tooth with the wax when you are not eating it should help your cheek and tongue

spaceytracey3
Rating
They have dental cement at your local drugstore. you can use that until you get to your appt.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy