Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Only 14 with yellow teeth?
I don't smoke, am not bulimic or taken any antibiotics that got them this way. I don't drink coffee or tea, I brush my teeth daily... but my teeth are kinda yellow. Any ideas?...

Is my dentist allowed to be rude to me ...?
the last time i took my daughter i got verbal abuse , he said i ought to be ashamed of myself and that i was a bad mother etc , could i have reported him etc , my daughter needed a filling yes but i ...

Im getting braces soon? what color should i get? is it gonna be painfull?
yea im realy nervous i wont look right with them.. my teeth are not crroked at all.. like i dont even know why i gotta get emm. im getting them on august 5. thats like 9 days away. pleaseee give me ...

Why don't people in the U.K take care of their teeth like in the United States?
Or maybe its just a stupid stereotype......

Why should we brush teeth in the morning?
i understand that we should brush teeth everytime after we eat, so the food won't be left on the teeth, but why do we have to do it in the morning? we don't eat at ...

I am terrified of the dentist and need my wisdom teeth pulled. How bad does it really hurt?

Given the choice, what would you do?
my dentist has offered me two options, get my tooth out, or get root canal treatment. Its a back molar and I don't know whether to just go for it and get it pulled out or give the root canal ...

Bracesss..?
ok im gettinf braces in feb. nd i wanted to know the process..not in like 5 paragraphs...just a brief process of it. and how does it make your eatin habits different? when can you chew gum? how do i ...

How do you get rid of bad breathe?
I would like to know how to get rid of bad breathe because someone that I really care about suffers from it....

Do wisdom teeth coming in means you're getting smarter?

What is it like having your wisdom teeth removed?
I've been having problems with my wisdom teeth for some time and over the weekend I have developed a bad infection along with a very swollen face. I'm going to ask my dentist if I can have ...

OO my God, I need some real answers please?
I have to have a tooth pulled and i dont know what is to be done. al i know is that i am terrified!!! i know that i have to get a needle in my mouth, can someone please explain what is to be done and ...

Help! I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed?
Alright so I know that the pain after getting your wisdom teeth removed is "different for everybody", but I have this theory that mine won't be very bad simply because all of my wisdom ...

My gums have been bleeding when i brush my teeth, this has been happening for about 2 weeks, what do i do?
Its only when i brush my teeth, i'm 13 and i have braces, please help!!!!!!!!...

Hello is there any sort of calpol or some thing like that what can help me with tooth ache?
any thing but tablets i car'nt take tablets every time i put it on my tongue i'm nearly sick so i just take it ...

Do braces hurt when they put them on u?

How many times do you brush your teeth in one day? ♥?

Could i use ?
cillit bang to whiten my teeth ? afterall theyre enamel and so is my bath
Additional Details
sun m - im from the uk , its a product ...

Breath problems!?
i have bad breath and need help getting rid of it. i brush my teeth every morning floss and and listerine and at night i use act. i brush my toung and also go to the dentist every 6 months to get my ...

Who uses mouthwash as part of their oral hygiene?
I don't really use it, but I floss and brush 2x daily, but which one is better, Listerine or Crest Pro-Health Rinse?...

Jwb187
Braces teeth pain?
ok i got braces today...and my teeth are hurting bad...for some reason especially my front 4....they almost feel loose but they aren't...what is up with that...oh and how long after they get put on can u expect lots of pain
Additional Details
I have been taking ibuprofen every 3 hours but it isn't helping

iminlove
Rating
a week but it should stop in a week:}

Immy
Rating
i remember getting braces it hurts a lot and nothing helps. the teeth are supposed to feel loose, and they will hurt for up to two weeks after, and they will start hurting right away sorry i know it hurts a lot.

SkylarKaekes
Rating
The pain can last quite a while for some people. My sister got them the day before Thanksgiving...haha, pretty not cool seeing as she couldn't eat. They do hurt though, from what I hear, I haven't gotten them yet but am getting them over spring break...ah!

christinakelly95
Rating
well, i usually had pain the first few days after each appointment that the orthodontist tightened them. take same tylenol and only drink milkshakes or smoothies right after. i know the pain; it's sore and throbbing! but it will all be worth it in the end! :)

hailz_densy
Rating
its natural for braces to hurt for the first week or so. It will go away soon, but for the pain drink really cold water as often as you can. i think it kinda numbs your mouth a bit. I really dunno, but it works.
If the pain is really bad then try panadol or nuerofen.

←ALICIA–« .
Probably for the next 1-2 days you'll feel pain. Its like that every time you get them tightened. My advice is to take one or two advils right BEFORE you go to orthodontist, then by the time your done the pain will be less severe. Just stick it out kid and just picture yourself in like 5 years (probably less) with a nice set of pearly whites!!

Pamela C
Rating
Take advil or motrin every 4 to 6 hours, it really helps alot! The pain will be bad for about 2 days.. and then each time you go back for an adjustment, I recommend taking the ibuprofen before you go to the orthodontist, that way you have nipped the pain before you get it..
dont' worry.. you will survive.. those teeth hurt because they are moving so you have a super smile someday soon.
Keep smiling and don't forget to floss.. now that is a pain!

bananasandwich15
Rating
your teeth are loose your braces are forcibly moving them...

hurting is good it means there is progress... it will go away in about a week until then eat foods that don't require chewing

no pain no gain

BeagleMommy
Rating
Ohhhhh man... I remember that pain. I feel for ya. It will be pretty sore for the first few days, but you will get used to it. I know that's a weird thing to say, but the idea of braces is to move your teeth, so they are kind of moving all the time. You get used to it, don't worry. Take some tylenol, and if the pain doesn't at least lessen after a few days, call the orthodontist and ask if maybe it should still be that bad or if they can prescribe some painkillers.
Good luck!

tom_says_bla
your teeth are hurting cus they r moving
your not used to it so its weird
and you can expect lots of pain if you dont take pain killers
XD
but eventually you will get used to it
and it will be so normal that when you get them off it feels just as weird as when you got them put on

=/=
From my experience, braces always hurt the worst during the first week or 2. This is when you start to get used to this outside pressure on your teeth. After that, it doesn't get worse, but you do get periodic tightenings, which is less painful than the first week. Hope your teeth turn out nice and even!

VANE RULES
Ok buddy your teeth right now are sore because its your first day on having them. Your teeth are not use to them you know. So try to relax it will all go away after a couple of days give it about a week or two the most. At first your going to have trouble eating so eat like liquid foods and also your braces are going to start scratching your inner lip so watch it but dont worry wax helps. After all this your all good intil they tighten your wires. good luck

Joel T
Rating
I had braces for 5 years and I hated going to the orthdontist for them to tighten them up. Your teeth hurt because they are being forced to move to where they need to be. I would eat soup as the pain can be real intense and took advil for the pain. Wait till the start putting in the elastics that go from the front of your mouth to the back . It hurts something fierce. The pain should subside in a couple of days to a slight pressure and nothing at all in a week.

Erin K
Rating
It's the feeling of your teeth being moved and tight that is making your front four teeth feel loose.

The extreme pain should end in about three days, but it will continue to bother you for a week or two. Then, you'll probably get used to the feeling of braces. :) Hope you feel better.

AmandaღRaє
Rating
it'll hurt/be tender for like a week
but it will get better
rinse your mouth with warm salt water
and take some like tylenol or advil
have fun
eat some ice cream!

S.S
Hope this link helps you with all information regarding your teeth.Try out http://useinfo-dentalcare.blogspot.com/ for more details.

cathee90
its normal cause youre not used to it. give it a week or two

smiles are amazing
Rating
i give it a week and make sure to take pain killers, the pain will go away thoug and once you get them off you will look sooooo fine. like i had my in seven grade and got them off at the end of seventh and i got so many complaments, like the guys with fall in love with you. ahah it worked for me.but seriously teeth are a main attraction.

sly and cunning
Rating
because the braces is a new thing for your teeth and they are putting pressure on them, you fill feel sore and it might be quite painful depending on the condition of your teeth. so for two or three days, don't eat stick foods like caramel or hard foods like chips because it might hurt a bit. so you might want to switch to softer foods like cereal with milk, and puddings, and such.

Needs To Know Now
they feel loose because they are getting pulled to another position. i rember when i had them the first month the pain was horrible. but after the pain was hardly noticeable. so you well get used to it.

jj
Rating
take some tylonel or other type of painkiller. eat soft stuff (like smoothies, etc)

braces should hurt for about a week or 2 after u get them. i had braces for a while. I HATED THEM!! they would make these small adjustments and my teeth would hurt bad.

Joanna S
It will be sore/uncomfortable for the next 3 days or so. Take some Tylenol or Ibuprofen. Chew gum to help relieve the soreness. I've had braces on for about 7 months now and everytime it gets tightened (monthly), it gets sore for about 2-3 days

10:16pm
Rating
I never got pain. :)
Honestly, I miss my braces.
They should only last about a week/couple days
Gradually getting less painful.

Sunshine
Rating
i have braces now..and i remember when i first got them i had the same loose feeling....its b/c the braces are casing ur teeth to shift and move so it can be straight...it feels tight in between ur teeth but loose altogther...dont worry this is normal and it happenes to everyone...it will be ok after 2 to 3 days ..a week at the most...for the first time u get braces.. the pain that is,,,
for me it was 2 days...and slowly i was able to eat normal again...u know if u cant eat normally if u try to bite ur fingertip and it hurts like hell...sry abt the rambling...but i hopee this helped. after a while when u get used to the braces.. it wont bother u at all..u may get a tight or loose feeling everytime u go and get ur braces tightened..

stfutexas
Rating
you will feel sore for about a week , maybe longer since you jus tgot them. it will progressively get better though.

Mark A
Ok, you're taking this one from a pro. I've been in these badboys for 9 years...more time in them that out of them (in my whole life...it's sad. My teeth aren't crooked, I just grow so dang fast.)

It's really not that bad. It's pretty intense pain for a day or two...and then moderate pain on the third or fourth day, and on the fifth day it's usually fine. I suggest eating soft foods for your meals (applesauce, pasta, etc.) You won't be able to eat anything hard those first few days.

You can expect this cycle after you get your braces re-tightened too.

alekona89
they feel like that because you just got that and your teeth are moving!

Andrew C
it'll take some time to get used to them. trust me. that feeling you have should subside within a month, give or take some days. it's cuz your teeth are being moved. so anyways, for a couple weeks, start off by eating stuff that you don't have to chew much and gradually go up to foods that you can chew. that'll give your teeth time to adjust to the pressure of the braces and chewing. also do this everytime they tighten the braces (they do this so you're teeth straightening will progress). trust me, i've gone through that not too long ago. so again, just give it time and that feeling will subside.

also, you're teeth won't really hurt on their own. it's just when they meet when you talk or chew. i don't really know why, they just do. (i had a lisp for a while when i had my braces! haha!) but again, like with the food, it just takes time to get used to. after first getting braces, you're teeth will be pressured, and talking/chewing makes it feel worse, and that's the pain you will feel. but don't worry. the pain isn't "coma-inducing". you'll be able to withstand it (unless you can't tolerate pain at all).

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy