Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Hate how dentist makes small talk while I'm on the chair.?
Okay, I am going to the dentist in about an hour and I had to have this particular one because the man I prefer is booked out. This dentist however makes a lot of small talk, asking me about college ...

How do i get whiter teeth in 1 month??

I have bad & crooked teeth, who do I see first?
Should I see the orthodontist first or the dentist first?
My teeth are in bad condition and they're also crooked, havent seen a dentist in 10years
I thought I'll confront my ...

I know that eating too much toothpaste can be fatal, but how much is too much?

Additional Details
I don't have an obsession with toothpaste, I have a perfectly normal relationship with toothpaste. I do, ...

Braces!!!????
Does anyone the average cost of braces???...

Omg braces!!!!?
I will be getting braces soon and im totally affraid. I mean yea i want them because my teeth are a mess but i hate pain. I just hate pain. Can someone tell me the process of getting braces and also ...

What if you break your right hand what do you do?

A painful white sore below my gum in my mouth?
i have had it for about 4 days. it is right where my gums end and where my cheek begins. It looks like a cut, but it is white so i didn't know if it was a canker sore. It looks a little ...

My friend has bad breath.?
My friend has bad breath. she told me and i know its kind of true. she said that whenever she brushes her hard pallet and her tongue..is when she can smell it. but it often smells really bad. Some ...

What stains teeth more, coffee or tea?

Scared about Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday and I'm very scared. But more importantly, my boyfriend's father's retirement party is on Saturday and I really want to go. Will I be ...

Is getting your wisdom teeth pulled as bad as I think it is? I will survive right? lol?
Im 25 and my wisdom teeth are KILLING ME! They weren't really bothering me until this year and now the whole left side of my mouth is swollen and infected! Im just such a baby when it comes to ...

Pls answer I am worried?
I have red spots in my mouth, on the roof, and on the inside of ym lips. and i also have white ones like blisters, but really painful, tey are white, and i have surrounded all my mouth. i just woke ...

Whats the best thing to eat after having your wisdom teeth out?

Can you really die from an abscess tooth?

I`m getting braces in 2 weeks.. Does it hurt alot?
what should I do to prepare myself and what should I expect
Additional Details
how long do you think im going to have them on...I only ...

Which Gum is best...?
In your opinion what is the best gum to chew...?...

What is a natural alternative to tooth paste?

How long will my braces hurt?
i am in so much pain and i havent even eaten since monday!...

If I have a dream about all my teeth falling out; what does it mean?
Will your answer change if there was blood coming from any other orifice?...

allieansw3rs
Braces...stressed?
I HATE BRACES i just got them and i cant eat for like a week
i cant even bite down i really stressing and just i hate them

do you have any ideas of what i can eat?

jjjas0n
yeah youll get over it, itll stop hurting after a while and u wont even think about it

princess
ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!

island_gurl
meh...jello?

musicachikaxx3
Honey, i have had braces and i know what you are going through. The pain and you think you look wierd and yadda yadda. Try to eat ice cream, yogurt, popsicles, soup, apple sauce, and wen i got them on and tightended and couldnt eat stuff, i would just bring a whole jar of peanut butter for lunch to school..lol...EVERYbody wanted some..and i came quite noticed with my big jar and spoon.lol. but seriously dont stress because braces are like the new STYLE,,,theyre IN. everyone will end up having them at one point or another. and i JUST go mine off and i thoguht my teeth were gonna be all stainde and stuff but they polish and get the crap off your teeth wen you get them off. Just have fun with them and even if its a hard food, i just chew it with my tongue and the roof of my mouth, lol, but it works. but i have such beautifull teeth now and i think im gonna win best smile. and you will be soo happy wen you get them off!!
goodluck♥peace

online therapist
Rating
I feel your pain
I have braces and they are not that bad compared to the
PALLOT EXPANDER OMG ITS LIKE THIS GIANS METAL PLATE AT THE ROOF OF MY MOUTH THAT SQUEEZEZ MY JAW UNTIL THE BONE CHANGES SHAPE!
I couldnt eat for a month it hurt so bad
Try yogurt and soup and bread and pudding and ice cream
youll get used to it soon
i promisse
look on the bright side
you can change the colors and u will come out with perfect teeth
now u have cool grillz! lol=) good luck

grace
Rating
pudding,ice cream, bread anything soft

angelmari6
Rating
it's only gonna hurt for a little while, i had braces for three years, you'll get used to it. now i love my teeth!!! don't forget to floss, you don;t want stains on your teeth when you get them off!!!!

Christian F
Rating
eat soft things like soup jello pudding etc, ull get used to them, ive had em for bout 2yrs now, and millions of ppl have far more worse probs then u, toughin up, stop complaining

Samantha
mashed potatoes

Princess1218
Rating
yea pretty much what every 1 else says i have braces 2 ive had them for almost 2 years.just eat things tht u dnt have 2 chew.like mashed potatoes and salisbury steak dnt eat bread ur first week it will get stuck and it is embarrissing if u cant get it out and heres a tip tht u should realy do only chew sugar free gum!!! tht kind of gum i so gooddddd and chew it after you eat it will help keep your teeth clean..which is very important when you have braces..gum like orbit white (which is my fav.) and trident and any type of sugar free gum that says it will help clean and or whiten your teeth...and don't worry about peaple saying things to you nobody realy does anymore and hey there the ones that arent going to have perfect teeth!! lol -I wish you luck-

YouOweMe & IOU
Haha, i got mine 2 years ago, i just recently went at my dentist appointment, and i though i'd take them off and my dentist says 'don't start countin' the days now'! I was so depressed. Seriously, im only taking them off in 4 months now! Ah well, the worst is done right!

So..your question. Try eating;
Jello, ice cream (yummy), soft candies, chocolate fondu. if your looking for healthy food, theirs soup, rice, not anything hard like carrots!

They always say don't eat gum or popcorn, DON'T LISTEN. It's stupid and it doesn't even do anything. (just wanted you to know!)

chris_ittner13
Rating
chicken noodle soup, that soup to go thing

summerbeachbug
Rating
i have braces too right now! The pain really does hurt.

Food I eat:

Puddings
Yogurts
Sandwiches
Apples(cut up into small pieces)
Fruit(that isn't too chewy or crunchy)
Cheese
Applesauce

Before you eat take some Tylenol or Advil it will make the pain go away at least while you eat so you can enjoy the food! Trust me the pain goes away! Just think how straight and beautiful you will look after they are off! :)

"V"
smoothes, pasta, oatmeal,.....within a week it should get normal just like u did b4 u had braces......GETTING THEM OFF FEELS THE BEST! :] ggood luck

annie
u should eat stuff like soup or apple sauce... Don't know

Plain old RuneAmok
Trust me, there is plenty you can eat. Ravioli, Spaghettios, soups, Oreo Cakesters.....there's plenty you can eat until things settle down. After the initial pain they'll only hurt when you get your wires change. And after a while, they might not hurt very much even then.

I'm coming up on a year and my teeth haven't hurt in a while. Of course, I didn't need that much done - they're pretty much straight right now - so perhaps that'll be different for someone who has more movement going on.

Also, you can still eat most things if you cut them up rather than biting them off. There was one day when I had trouble gnawing on an Arby's roast beef sandwich. But of course I managed anyway.

Im a answerholic
mashed potatoes any soft substance that doesnt actuly involve u chewing

MIG MIG
I have braces too. It will stop hurting after a few weeks. Just eat soft, nonsticky, and small food items.

megan![=
Rating
yogurt
pudding
ice cream
applesauce
oatmeal.
milkshakes.

Me!
malts shakes, simple soups wihout pieces of stuff so you dont have to bite down.... my sistereats pudding and apple sauce mmmmmmmmm

stevodrummer99
Believe it or not, it ACTUALLY WILL get better, I forget I even have mine most of the time. In a weeks time, they will have dissapeared from your mind.

Kylie <3
what???
ive had braces they only hurt for a couple hours after you first get them on and when you get them tightened talk to your mom to see if you can go back to the orthodontist to see if you can maybe loosen them or get this thing where when your teeth hurt you chew on it (trust me you want it)

hope i helped!♥

veta1313
Soup, oatmeal, fruit shakes. Look online for some soft foods. You will find something good.

Luckyboo8
Rating
apple sauce, ice cream, yogurt, and soup is what i lived on i hope this helps just remeber your teeth will look amazing when your done and all of this will be so worth it! Good luck and keep smiling!

tickelmepinky
Rating
When I had Braces I always could eat right away, but some people are different. If I was you I would eat soupie foods like chilli things that you don't have to bit into. It will get better I promise when its time to get them off you will wish that you could keep them on because thats how much you will like them so much. Enjoy them! don't forget all the colors you can dec out your teeth with!!

Laxvi
Rating
I got braces too about 3 months ago and mine hurt really bad too. I recommend eating noodles, yogurt, or applesauce. Anything really soft.

John Deere Girl
Rating
when i first got my braces on i ate mashed potatoes, macaroni, and i ate pop-tarts and for cansy i ate 3 muscateer bars. buy next week you will be able to eat almost anything!

well i hope things get better for you!!!! :<)

Ozuna38
Rating
Beat urself up.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy