Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Why do people grind their teeth while sleeping?

Why, when someone answers your question, do 300 other people have to answer the same?
See the NHS question recently - was there any need for everyone on the planet to answer once the answer was given? Still passes the time ...

Does it hurt to get your teeth cleaned at the dentist?
I go every 6 months and I hate the dentist and I have to go in about an hour and a half and I'm scared. =(...

Is it possible for a 28 year old man to still have his baby teeth?

Cure for mouth ulcers?
Hi all,

I have good dental hygiene, brushing my teeth twice daily, however once in a while, I keep getting sore mouth ulcers, sometimes just once and on other times I get about 2-3, and ...

Do you think that girls will never kiss a guy with crooked teeth, even though they are so white and no bad odr

My braces hurt!!?
I got braces yesterday and they hurt really bad. I also got bite stoppers so my molars don't touch anymore. My front tooth on the bottom keeps hitting it and everytime it does, it hurts really ...

Is anyone else really grossed-out by seeing someone else brush their teeth?
I cant even stand hearing the sound, and when I see someone doing it on TV, I get goosebumps and the hairs on my arms stand up. I brush my own teeth morning and night without any issues. Does this ...

White spot on my gum that pusses sometimes?
for months theres been this white spot on my top gum it doesent hurt but it does puss then goes away then it come back. iv tryed cleaning it incase its infection in the area but nothing seem to of ...

I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday?
yesterday i got my wisdom teeth out, all four of them. i was supposed to take Percocet for 24-36 hours every 3-4 hours, but it made me feel sick after the second time so i didn't take it again, ...

How to beat bad breath and a white tongue?
i brush use mouth wash, and also scrape my tongue, when i do its solid thick whitish yellow stuff, and my breath stinks, what can i do to get rid of this problem and have better oral hygiene and ...

How do I convince my boyfriend to go to the dentist? HELP!?
He constantly has terrible breath (which he denies when I tell him this), and his gums badly bleed often when he brushes. When he sleeps, the bad breath fills the room he is in and I can't ...

I am getting my braces 2morrow, full mouth i am sooooo scared?
Can anyone who has had braces or does now give me tips on what to eat what not to eat and what colors... thanx 4 your ...

What colour braces should i get next?
Im blonde and i have green/blue eyes, i currently have hotpink braces. I was thinking about getting aqua blue and pink? but im not sure?...

Am i allowed...?
am i allowed to bring my iphone with me to listen to music when i am taking my braces off...? because i heard that it makes really squeeky sounds when they take the braces off...?

any tips ...

Do tooth whitening pastes really work? (UK)?
Which is the best?...

Do Boys mind Bad Teeth?
My teeth were crowded (so i had some removed) and im just about to get some fixed braces, but I wonder if Boys really do mind bad teeth. Bad breath is bad yes but bad teeth anybody?...

What can you not eat with braces?

Im getting braces next thursday?
they said i would be at the orthodontist for an hour and a half.
what are they going to do?
better yet.
does it hurt???????
im so scared....

My friends tel me i have bad breth, I brush teeth avery day. I eat breth mints. What can I do?

fonebone101
Braces pain... can't eat... starving... HELP!!!!!!!?
I got lower braces yesterday... I can't eat... ANYTHING exept for those fruit smoothies. I need something solid!!!! I need help!!!!
What to do? How long is it gonna last? How will i eat????

anonymous
Take painkillers.
Have some soup.
It'll last for 2-4 days.
But don't worry, you'll feel great once you get them off - itll be all worth it!!

smithjjr
Take some pain killers and eat soft food. It will last anywhere from 3-7 days. Mine only lasted 3-4 good luck because the pain is excruciating.

lmphslaw
Rating
Soup and put some crackers in there so they get soft enough to swallow without chewing.

SP Addict
Rating
Noodles are soft and have some substance try some ramen. But, I have never has braces, what makes it hurt your jaw or are your gums sore.

Dann
It will go away in a bout a few days, maybe 3-4, depending on how much calcium's in your diet and how fast your body repairs itself. If you MUST have solid food, try chewing with your tongue and use the side that huts less. If you can't then hold tight cause for the next few days you won't be able to handle the pain of chewing. Plus chewing with moved, sensitive teeth slows down the repair time.

P.S. Only weak ppl use aspirin, c'mon!!! Take it like a man! you'll feel worse when you get your wisdon teeth pulled.

balsamclover31
Try using orajel or any product with a Novocaine ingredient this will help to alleviate some of the pain.

Lisa
i just got my braces off and its so worth it! one thing to eat is soup, or if you go to panera and get a bread bowl the bread gets all soggy and awesome and then you can gnaw on it.

GOOD LUCK!

lvdn7states
Rating
I got braces last July and I felt like I was going to die it hurt so bad. It hurts to eat anything for a few days but trust me you'll get better. Of course its been awhile since I got mine on but now I'm eating sour patch kids and gummy bears- but don't do that! You'll be back to normal in about 3 or 4 days. I don't even notice my braces any more. Just take ibuprofen or tylenol to help with the pain.

hum..dum..blah..
Rating
they will hurt for about 4 or 5 more days. just eat applesauce, sandwiches, fruit gummies, or cut regular food into small bites. my orthodontist said chewing gum helps your teeth become stronger. good luck!

OrigamiGirl
Rating
Make your own smoothie, and put loads of sugar in it to keep you going. Also, drink coffee, a few Gatorades, stuff like that.

katiey♥lala
Rating
Don't worry it gets better. You can eat things like yougert, cheese, mashed potatoes, mac & cheeese, peanut butter and jelly sandwitches, just plain turkey breast or ham, soup, and any other foods that aren't too hard. I have had braces for 2 years now and the pain goes away after no longer than a week! Good luck! Oh and NEVER chew on pen caps or pens!! I have broke 4 brackets doing that!

Shelly
Rating
Well i have braces 2 and when i got them, they hurt! so i had rice and yougurt the whole time and also, sometimes, rice with gravy. you could have bananas also. The pain will be there for about 1-2 weeks! Hope this helps!

littledevilinyourcup
Rating
oh honey I feel your pain. I too have braces and ugh they hurt. these are food I eat when my mouth hurts. Scrambled eggs mashed potatoes and gravy pudding jello spagetti cut up into small slurpable pieces ramen noodles. and rice that I overcook on purpose to make softer. oatmeal cream of wheat malt o meal. The idea is to eat foods that do not require alot of chewing and to eat them at room temp since hot and cold may make pain worse. Take tylanol or advil every 4-6 hours to control the pain. It usually take 3-5 days the first couple of times you get adjusted for the pain to go away but after that a day maybe two

missmary
Rating
take some tylenol and eat a pb&j sandwich, just break it up into small bites and put it back on your molars, do not try and use the front teeth..
the pain usually only lasts 2/3 days

DALLAS
yeah that's what happens and you just gotta put up w/ it for a few days. take lots of advil, that really helps w/ the pain but you still probably won't be able to chew very well. eats soft foods that don't require much chewing. this only lasts like 3-4 days at the most. just think of how nice your teeth are going to look when it's all over w/.

crazysk8tr15
make sure you take some aspirin/advil until the pain is gone i remember it lasting a day or two but it should go away

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy