Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Back tooth hurting really bad?
my lower back tooth hurts so much that i cant eat or do anything. it keeps me up at night too. well do you lose your lower back teeth because im 16 and i havent lost my back teeth at all someone ...

What is the best way to cure a tooth ache?

Do root canals hurt?
i have to get one done in October. be honest with me,...

How many natural teeth are you supposed to have?

Braces??????????????? --Read--?
Help me!!
please?
-Read Below-

ok, can somebody tell me these questions?
cuz i really need to know them for later, and i want to be prepared for when i do..please answer?

Does anyone know if braces hurt? and is it worth getting made fun of?

Which do you prefer? Dentists or doctors?
Just taking a random survey....

Only 14 with yellow teeth?
I don't smoke, am not bulimic or taken any antibiotics that got them this way. I don't drink coffee or tea, I brush my teeth daily... but my teeth are kinda yellow. Any ideas?...

Is my dentist allowed to be rude to me ...?
the last time i took my daughter i got verbal abuse , he said i ought to be ashamed of myself and that i was a bad mother etc , could i have reported him etc , my daughter needed a filling yes but i ...

Im getting braces soon? what color should i get? is it gonna be painfull?
yea im realy nervous i wont look right with them.. my teeth are not crroked at all.. like i dont even know why i gotta get emm. im getting them on august 5. thats like 9 days away. pleaseee give me ...

Why don't people in the U.K take care of their teeth like in the United States?
Or maybe its just a stupid stereotype......

Why should we brush teeth in the morning?
i understand that we should brush teeth everytime after we eat, so the food won't be left on the teeth, but why do we have to do it in the morning? we don't eat at ...

I am terrified of the dentist and need my wisdom teeth pulled. How bad does it really hurt?

Given the choice, what would you do?
my dentist has offered me two options, get my tooth out, or get root canal treatment. Its a back molar and I don't know whether to just go for it and get it pulled out or give the root canal ...

Bracesss..?
ok im gettinf braces in feb. nd i wanted to know the process..not in like 5 paragraphs...just a brief process of it. and how does it make your eatin habits different? when can you chew gum? how do i ...

How do you get rid of bad breathe?
I would like to know how to get rid of bad breathe because someone that I really care about suffers from it....

Do wisdom teeth coming in means you're getting smarter?

What is it like having your wisdom teeth removed?
I've been having problems with my wisdom teeth for some time and over the weekend I have developed a bad infection along with a very swollen face. I'm going to ask my dentist if I can have ...

OO my God, I need some real answers please?
I have to have a tooth pulled and i dont know what is to be done. al i know is that i am terrified!!! i know that i have to get a needle in my mouth, can someone please explain what is to be done and ...

Help! I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed?
Alright so I know that the pain after getting your wisdom teeth removed is "different for everybody", but I have this theory that mine won't be very bad simply because all of my wisdom ...

wlstn47
Braces-do u have to pull your teeth out??/?
my dentist said that i have go to the orthodontist and get braces.
i m only 12 and my teeth are really crooked. my sister even calls me a vampire. i asked my friends (who has braces..) and they looked at my teeth and said that i need to get my teeth pulled out!!
i m really scared.,,, i seriously need braces, but i dont want to pull my teeth out! are there other braces that u dont have to pull your teeth out? my friend also said that if u pull many teeth out u have to get retainers forever...is that true?

mane
Rating
did u ask ur dentist abt it?

c c
u dont have 2 get them pulled. only if theres not enough room in your mouth. or if ur dentist suggested pulling only a few out to make ur teeth look even better.

Who's Your Buddie
um, i dont think they will pull out your teeth... i havnt heard of that before. I had braces, and they didnt have to pull our my teeth, my sister need to get spacers to make room for teeth, but they didnt have to pull any out.

Maverick
Someone is messing with you ! It's possible that you may need to have one or two pulled or have it worked on.
My three nieces all wear braces.They might hurt at first,other than that it's no big deal !
Whatever you do,please follow your orthodontist directions on how to take care of them !
You do have to wear a retainer after you get the braces off,otherwise your teeth will go back and get out of alignment and get crooked again.You don't want to go there again do you ?
Wearing braces is the best thing you can do for yourself !

Keep smiling = }

Paul B DDS
Rating
Sounds like you need to get some teeth removed but it won't be too bad. Teeth come out really easy when your 12.
Get the braces-your teeth will look great.

Jen♥*
Rating
Okay, if your teeth are crowded then your mouth must be small, like mine. You need to get teeth pulled if you want straight teeth! I had 4 teeth pulled and justgot braces Wednesday. When I got the teeth pulled, all I felt was the pinch of the needle and the pressure of the tooth being pulled. It wasnt a big deal. And Im a wimp with pain. Email me if you want more info<3

But yeah if you need to have teeth pulled, heres what happens:

1. Your dentist puts numbing gel on your gums.
2. You wait a couple minutes then he gives you the needle (you feel a slight pinch, its nothing)
3. You wait about 15 minutes to get numb.
4. Then, the dentist wiggles the tooth back and forth for a few seconds, then pulls, and you dont even know its out!

Its not that bad, so please dont worry like I did. Email me if you need anything else like on getting teeth pulled or braces!<3

Good Luck!

April
Rating
Okay, even if you do need teeth pulled to make space, you will be numbed or even asleep for the procedure, so there's nothing to worry about.

Before you get all tore up about it, go to the orthodontist and see what they say, You may have plenty of room. You may have a narrow arch rather than overcrowding and that can be fixed with an appliance that will broaden your arch and make space for the "vampire" teeth (which are just coming in a little high and to the outside?).

You don't have to wear retainers forever either. You will probably wear them 24/7 the first 6 months or so (except to eat and brush your teeth). Then nights only for 9-12 months. Then you (and your orthodontist) really have to determine how much you need to wear them after that.

samanthabohon
They won't pull your teeth out. You will have to wear a retainer at first, so your teeth won't go back to the way they were, but only at night. Don't worry, I had braces for 4 years. You will be so happy when you see how good your teeth look.

Lillian S. Phx Arizona
Rating
fisrt of all your friends that have them are probably 12 aswell, so dont listen to anything that they say, wait and get a professional opinion. Your crowding may be correctable without removing teeth but dont be suprised if they need to it's very common, and no it wont hurt.. Be brave and remember that means you can stay home from school for a few days and just relax!

mandee
no you don't, i went to an orthodontist who was really like up to date on the whole braces thing and i he said he never pulls teeth, plus i was able to get my braces on the back of my top teeth so no one even knew i had braces.

fetchness
Rating
i doubt they will have to pull your teeth out. i have braces and august last year they told me i would need 4 teeth out. and in the end i didn't need to get any pulled out because my teeth moved how they planned. And if you do have to get teeth pulled don't worry, they will tell you far in advanced when and if you do. You will not just walk in one day and they will say we are pulling teeth. you should be fine!
best of luck to you.

sarah s
hey dont worry about what your friends said. Yes he has braces but he is not an orthodontist so he doesnt have any idea really what is going on with your teeth and mouth.
I would think that the only reasons you would need to get teeth pulled for braces would be if you have very crowded teeth or still have your baby teeth.
If u do have baby teeth still or crowded teeth dont worry tho because it doesnt nessesarily mean they will be pulled out. The orthodontist may b able to correct the crowding without removing teeth or if u have baby teeth he may just wait until they fall out naturally before you get braces.
If you do need teeth pulled then dont stress. When i was 12 i had a number of my baby teeth pulled out, i was awake for it and it wasnt to painful, even after it wasnt 2 bad.
So yea dont stress about it, just get the braces, its not really as bad as some people on here say it is. Plus once u get them off u will have real nice teeth and your sister wont be able 2 call u mean names because of your teeth.
I dont kno about the retainer thing, i have heard of people having 2 wear them foreva but i personally dont kno anyone who had to. All my friends just had 2 wear them for a year or something. i havent got my braces off yet so i duno if i will hafta.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy