Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

So how bad is getting your wisdom teeth out and what can i expect? what's the pain similar to?

If i knock a teeth out,will another one grow?

Additional Details
haha ok ppl no need to add more,first 28 anwsres now 36!!!
Im just making sure that i was right.....

Any advice on how I can STOP BITING MY NAILS??

If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?

Im getting my all 4 wisdom teeth took out next week. Im scared to death. Does it hurt? What can i eat?

What else can i use for bad breath other then mouthwash, mints and toothpaste?

Please anser: how much does it hurt to get a tooth pulled?(see details)?
As in a not loose tooth, getting numbing shots injected in your gums, pulling it out and stitching it up? (no tooth growing in under it) awake but numb... please! any pain comparisons?...

What is the best way to cure my bad breath?
My girlfriend is moaning at me and I think I need to do something about it.

I am only 26 and it has just started in the past few months!

Simply brushing my teeth does not work ...

Suggest a trendy name for a dental clinic?
Planning to open a complete oral rehab clinic. searching for trendy name. plshelp me ...

Any tips for a person being scared of the dentist?

How painful is wisdom teeth extraction?
So I went to the oral surgeon today, and I'm going in on the 23rd to get my 4 wisdom teeth removed. I am doing local anestetic, and not getting knocked out for it.

My question is, how ...

Is there a polite way to let someone know about bad breath?
A really nice guy that I just met has terrible bad breath. He seems interested in a relantionship but his bad breath is the only thing turning me off. What options are out there to diminish this? How ...

Do Braces Hurt?

Why my teeths are yellow?
I brush daily but my tooth remain yellow in colour,what is the ...

What is the best painkillers for toothache?

GUM Gum GUM?
Howl ong does your Stride gum last
Additional Details
how long not how l ...

On a scale of 1-10 how bad does a filling hurt?
1 being less pain full and 10 being the most pain full

Is it true that put a shot in your mouth?

I haven't had a filling in forever and i was wondering how it felt...
<...

How can I make my teeth more yellow? Are there strips that can help me do that?
Ive tried to make my teeth white but after not brushing my teeth for 9 years it seems that I cant.

I figured the best thing to do is to have dark yellow teeth. What is the best way to do ...

What is the best method to whiten teeth without having to pay stupid money?
ive heard somoe peoples teeth are naturally yellow. mine are fine i wanna whiten em up a ...

I have a really bad tootth ache and i cant see my dentist until wed what can i do for pain? no oral pain meds.

Max
Braces cutting my inner cheeks, help!?
I have had them for about 5 months and this week it has been worse than it ever was with my braces. The cuts from the brackets are so bad it hurts to breath, let alone eat or any thing else. What can I do besides take Advil, I'm already on it.
THANK YOU!!!

claire.bear.pear
Rating
You can easily fix this problem,
- get a stick of wax (you can get it at dentists)
- melt it a lttle (by holding it)
- press it on to the bit of the braces that is cutting your cheeks
- and voila, smooth!

Andrew M
Rating
tell your orthodontist, usually they have wax you can put on it, or they will bend/ grind it down

MysticalG
Wax, Max! Then go to the Ortho Dntst.

Ann S
Rating
You need to buy some wax that is specifically made to put on rough spots of your braces. You should be able to get some from your orthodontist. You really should go back and have your Dr. check and see if there is a place that needs to be filed down.

Miss.bootiful xxx
Rating
i used to have braces...and this sometimes happened as well

but they gave me this small container full of braces wax....do u have it??

anyway...if u dont see the doctor and talk about it!

Nickie G
get some brace wax . you can find it by the toothpaste and dental floss at the store. it helps. i used to roll up toilet paper or bread and put it carefully over the parts that hurt the worst, it works until it dissolves. also call your orthodontist.

The sex Dr
You will probably get blisters on the inside of your lips from the rubbing of the "train track" blocks. I used to get some special wax from my orthodontist to rub on the tooth blocks and this stopped the rubbing. xx

*who the heck is that*
i hav the same problem

try the wax they give you

it helps alot

@ |* ! @ n @ ♥
Rating
get wax from orthodontist...it works. i have braces too and that happens to me all the time. for now, just put something in your cheeks.....maybe an ice cube! haha. thats what i do!

Holly
Rating
there is a little container you can buy at a lot of different stores of wax. normally it comes like four little strips to a container..
put the wax on your braces, and call the doctor in the mean time...

p.s when you are at the store you should pick up a little bottle of tooth novacain(sp?).

CaDBFe
If it's the brackets, then put wax on them (they should have given you a small envelope containing wax). If it's the wire, then that means they have to cut it shorter the next time your appointment comes up.

Kingsley I
Have you tried the wax they give you? My brother got wax sticks with him when he got his braces don't about your Orthodontist but they should have some.

omgitslorin69420
There's a product you can find in the dental care section of almost any drug store, it's this dental wax stuff, you just kind of mold it over whatever is jabbing at your cheek.

Ella D
I used wax......I think I got it from the orthodontist, but they may have it at stores too. It comes in a little container and you pull out a piece and roll it up and stick it on the part of the braces that are rubbing against your cheeks. It works well and helps a lot! (Once I used gum because I didn't have any wax left).

shorty07
Rating
your dentist should have given you wax when you first got them on. if they didn't, ask for some. what you do is put them on the part of your braces that are cutting your gums. they cover it up so they don't cut you anymore.

you can't shut me up
put wax on them

lil Insane
Rating
Consult a dentist !!

meghenstein
the orthodontist gave me this wax stuff to put on the metal (the back ones were the ones that killed me) when i had braces in the 8th grade.

Bastian G
When I had braces, my orthodontist gave me dental wax to cover the sharp brackets if I needed it. Ask them, and I'm sure they could help you out. Either that, or inform them that it's cutting your cheeks; they shouldn't be doing that, and they have tools that can round the edges of the brackets or trim sharp ends to the wires.

covell4
Rating
Did the orthodontist give you wax?? It works great but looks awful...

.Fairytale.
Use Your Wax That Your Orthodontist Gave You, and If You Weren't Provided With Any I Think They Sell it at Wal-Mart.... However I Could Be Wrong.

daryllboothe
I would be calling my orthodontist. Hopefully he can make an adjustment to ease your pain. The braces are supposed to be adjusting your teeth, not tearing up your cheeks.

drippinhonee
Rating
Back when I had braces, (1990 - 1994) I used wax to keep them from cutting my cheeks. It worked great.

jls1znv9999
Either go to your local store like walmart or whatever sells general merchandise or your dentists office. Get dental wax and apply enough to cover the metal brackets on you teeth. That is what is tearing the inside cheek area apart. Good luck.

bad_ambassador
go to your dentist......

adl_tx
Your dentist is the best one to go to.

He put those things in he should be the one to
take care of it.

In other words, he broke it he should fix it.

- -

*♥* ♥* FaeGoddess*♥*♥*
Rating
call your dentist & tell him you need some orthadontic wax....its just wax that you can press over the brackets to keep them from tearing up the inside of your cheeks

EMO
Well you're orthodontist gave you wax to prevent this. . .USE THEM!!

Et3rn4l
Rating
Put wax onto the sharp parts of the braces. It smooths them out so it doesn't cut you.

aggromagnet
ask your dentist for wax... and that oral liquid you can buy at the store.. helps out alot.

dreamweaver87
go back to the dentist he/she will fix them

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 15, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy