Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Which is worse chewing or smoking?

Wisdom Teeth?
The dentist wants to pull out my wisdom teeth. Is this a wise thing to do? What's gonna happen if I leave 'em in, anyway? Any advice?! Past experiences??? Thanks :)...

What is the most annoying part of having braces?
I have braces for 2 months now and what annoys me the most is drooling all over my pillow at night. What's annoying you?...

When you get braces do you get shots??

Chipped tooth, can anything be done by dentist?
I have a chip in my front tooth, which I did when I was younger. It makes the tooth appear wonky and I hate it
My two front teeth are longer than the rest (yes,a biy like a rabbit)
Is ...

Gums bleeding...why?
when i brush my teeth, after brushing, my gums is always bleeding, and i think it causes bad breath sometimes. is it true?
and what should i do?...

17 years old, and still has 12 milk teeth. has anyone else got this? when should they fall out?
my daughters teeth wont align until the milk teeth are out, but theyre showing no signs of wobbling or aches. she has healthy teeth, just wants straight ones!! when should the milk teeth have fell ...

Will my wisdom teeth push my teeth closer together and close my gaps?
A person told me that when my wisdom teeth grow in they'll fill in all the gaps in my teeth, so now I'm really curious. My teeth are like all straight in a line and I only have just a ...

Is lemon juice god or bad for your teeth??

What color braces should I get?

Should I ask my dentist for a gown?
My dentist says I have a lot of dental work that needs to be done that would take too much time during regular office hours. So, I've been going late as he suggested. He's been doing a good ...

How do I stop a toothache from hurting so much?

Are you supposed to brush your teeth before you go to the dentist?

Broken Tooth?
I'm back home for the holidays and a piece of my lower back tooth has broken off. It's very sharp and rubbing against my tongue, but I can't go to the dentist until Wednesday when I ...

I keep having dreams of lossing my tooth. it happne 3-4 times a month. why is that? any specific reason?
is it due to stess? or any other reason. kikindly assist.
Additional Details
im 25. male. not a kid anymore obviously. an 'nope�...

How many toothbrushes do you have ?

Is 15 a little old to be getting braces?
Ok so i'm 15 years old and finishing my freshman year of high school. Most of my friends are getting their braces off now, but im just now getting mine on this summer. I feel kind of stupid not ...

My teeth is gone yellow HELP!!!!!!1?
my teeth is gone yellow i dont smoke what wll i do to get them white ...

How do you cure mouth odour?
What do I do to get rid odf bad mouth odour? Sometimes when other people speak to me I perceicve nothing, but when I open my mouth....I this strong alkaline breath rushes out. I'cve tried ...

Wisdom teeth help!?
I have to have my wisdom teeth cut out and iam scared as i keep hearing different stories! Do they dislocate your jaw? Do you get put to sleep?
Additional Details

Faith
Baby teeth is it normal at 16?
Hey all my molars and a few other teeth are still baby teeth? is this normal? I was told by the dentist that i wud have them all pulled out....but keeps telling me this..and that i shud have braces but never does anything about it. I hate my teeth now.

$Sun King$
Only if you are an elephant.

xx_smallville_rox_xx
Its not 'normal' but it does happen. My teth were growing in wrong so they didn't push my baby teeth out so I had to get surgery to pull the baby teeth and straighten the ones growing wrong. I also had braces.

Dr. K. G.
Hi, I'm a dentist.

No, this is not normal. Without seeing your chart and films, I can only advise you speak with another dentist and an orthodontist. You may need to have all of these baby teeth extracted.

Good luck.

�Ashley♥
Rating
I don't think that's normal. I lost all my baby teeth by the time I was 13. Maybe you should go to e dentist.

Dr.wiseguy
Rating
No, it's not normal.

RSB
Most people are done loosing their teeth around 12 or 13. It's not all that unusual to have to pull teeth out before braces. What is unusual is for your dentist and/or orthodontist to wait until 16 to start. Either put some pressure on this doctor or get a second opinion. You should not have to wait any longer and now a days, just about any teeth problem can be corrected. Just think about how beautiful your smile will be when you are all done! Good luck!

_xo
Rating
Its Not Abnormal.
My Daughter Had Baby Teeth at 15.
Everyone Is Different.
x3

Dana
umm.... no it's not normal.... when i was like 14 i still had 2 baby teeth and the dentist removed them but the reason i never lost them is cuz i don't have adult teeth under them.... its genetic.... so maybe you have that too? idk.... but i have spaces between my teeth now.... you can't tell though cuz it's on the sides.....

adolescent on the loose
that is DEFENETLY not normal

Liz
Rating
you still have your baby teeth? that is odd.

ceegt
I have never heard of this happening. They are probably waiting for you parents to set up and appointment to have these things done. Talk to your mom about doing that.

mwbaby2216
Rating
honestly i cant rele say, see i had the complete diff problem i started losing my baby teeth when i was 1 1/2 -2 years, which was uncommon. um have u thought about going to a different dentist?

Aurora
i dont think so i lost all of them by the age of 10

Dan
same thing happened with me, my baby teeth wouldn't fall out, so i've had to have most removed (16 so far). I think my molars are still the baby teeth too, but my dentist hasn't said anything so i assume its normal.

♥ Sarah ♥
Rating
Molars arent supposed to fall out.. they are the only teeth that r there at the age of 6 and r not supposed to fall off.. The wisdom teeth dont appear until about age 20-24... the PRE-molars are SUPPOSED to fall off at about age 10-13 as well as the canines and the 4 front teeth.. If they havent fallen out yet then u better get them removed asap coz it myt mess up all ur other teeth and then u will definately need braces which from my experience is the worst thing EVER.

opi
Rating
Living for two decades and ii still got baby teeth. Each and everyone is different.

Betsy
Rating
no you should yank them.. then try bargaining with the tooth fairy for more money since your old.

Chickadee08
Rating
I don't think it's like mega mega abnormal - everyone is different. It might be an idea just to check it out with a different dentist if possible but at least your teeth aren't rotting and falling out. it might just be the way you are.
if in doubt always listen to your dentist...he knows what he's doing even if he sounds like he doesn't

Ellie
Rating
The back molars don't fall out, they are not baby or adult teeth. I think only the teeth you see when you talk, fall out and new ones grow. Just go to your dentist and say you want answers because you are worried. But as long as its just a few it's probably ok. I think I still had a baby tooth when I was about 14 or 15 which fell out and i thought that was odd, but a new one grew so I guess it was a baby tooth.

Dr. Amy, DDS
Rating
No, having a lot of baby teeth at 16 is not normal, however, you may not need or want them pulled out. If there are no teeth behind these baby teeth, you may either want to keep them, or have them pulled, and replaced with a fake tooth. If a dentist takes xrays and finds a tooth under the baby tooth, you will probably have the tooth extracted(pulled). If you end up keeping some of these baby teeth, however, they are not as strong as adult teeth. This can lead to more cavities, and these teeth will probably not last as long in the long run.

Mainly, see a dentist. No one on here can tell you exactly what to do without seeing your dental records and xrays.

Anna
Rating
It depends. I still have one baby tooth where the adult tooth never formed. If you have formed adult teeth, the baby teeth should be pulled.

MheriGO
Rating
Nop i think it's odd !

suzanne g
Rating
Not normal, but it happens. You have to have them pulled in order for the adult teeth to come in. The adult teeth are in place, ready to come in, but can't until baby teeth are gone.

cathy <3 nelse 01.16.05
Rating
are you certain that those are still baby teeth? when i was about 15 i thought i still had baby teeth because i couldn't remember losing my molars when i was younger. ask your dentist to take a look at them with xrays to see if in fact they are baby teeth, or if you lost them a while back and can't remember but already have your adult teeth. and if you want to look into braces i suggest you see an orthodontist instead of a dentist

Nichole
its not normal.. i lost all mine early between 9and 10 yrs.. you should seriously get them pulled out... and don't hate your teeth.. im sure they're fine

=]

jessica03230
im sixteen and i have never lost any of my molars and i still have one of the side front teeth that is still a baby tooth. i was suppossed to get braces too becasue once one of my teeth fall out it wont grow back in and i dont want to look like a weirdo with a gap in my teeth so my dentist said i can get an artificial tooth that looks real. so if they fall out then do that!

Spongebob
idk i lost all mine by the time i was in 4th grade

stepht418
I'm 21 years old. Up until the month before my 21st birthday I still had a baby tooth. The adult tooth was in the x-rays, it was just growing in sideways and I was told i needed braces since i was 8 to fix the problem. Well in may of last year i finally listen because the adult tooth broke skin behind be baby tooth. So the month before my birthday i had my final baby tooth pulled.

Braces isn't a decision your dentist can make, its a decision you need to make. I hate my braces and i'm great full that they are coming off this fall. They can recommend braces, which he obviously has been doing. If you have the problem I have, you will probably end up getting the teeth pulled and braces. If he mentions braces again, ask him if it would correct the problem, how soon should it be done, and if he can recommend anyone. Some dentists also specialize it orthodontics so it makes it better if yours does both. I know mine doesn't so i have to pay for an orthodontist. MAN braces are expensive!!

I know people are telling you its not normal, I already noticed it here and I'm sure people around you say the same thing. I just don't want you to feel like your the only one who has baby teeth at that age. My right canine was a baby tooth up until june 2007.

Sarah
Rating
I think you need to tell your dentist that you want to go threw with it. Braces in many situation are not needed but you probably want to get your baby teeth pulled. If you want you could get a second opinion perhaps your dentist is doing nothing because he is not 100% sure?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy