Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Any tips for a person being scared of the dentist?

How painful is wisdom teeth extraction?
So I went to the oral surgeon today, and I'm going in on the 23rd to get my 4 wisdom teeth removed. I am doing local anestetic, and not getting knocked out for it.

My question is, how ...

Is there a polite way to let someone know about bad breath?
A really nice guy that I just met has terrible bad breath. He seems interested in a relantionship but his bad breath is the only thing turning me off. What options are out there to diminish this? How ...

Do Braces Hurt?

Why my teeths are yellow?
I brush daily but my tooth remain yellow in colour,what is the ...

What is the best painkillers for toothache?

GUM Gum GUM?
Howl ong does your Stride gum last
Additional Details
how long not how l ...

On a scale of 1-10 how bad does a filling hurt?
1 being less pain full and 10 being the most pain full

Is it true that put a shot in your mouth?

I haven't had a filling in forever and i was wondering how it felt...
<...

How can I make my teeth more yellow? Are there strips that can help me do that?
Ive tried to make my teeth white but after not brushing my teeth for 9 years it seems that I cant.

I figured the best thing to do is to have dark yellow teeth. What is the best way to do ...

What is the best method to whiten teeth without having to pay stupid money?
ive heard somoe peoples teeth are naturally yellow. mine are fine i wanna whiten em up a ...

I have a really bad tootth ache and i cant see my dentist until wed what can i do for pain? no oral pain meds.

Does everyone have to get braces on the bottom?
Because my bottom teeth is already straight. Are you do need them because they are gonna shift your jaw in the right spot right..???
But it would look kinda silly without bottom braces lol

Does getting teeth pulled hurt?
I am slow at getting my teeth to come out, and I still have 2 left and I need to get them pulled. I am terrified of the thought of things going in my mouth and I even thought it hurt when I got my ...

No offence, but why do so many British people have bad (buck) teeth?

Best cure for a sore throat?
It's so sore :(...

One of the front teeth is just a bit broken, will it grow back?

Does getting a filling hurt?
I think I need to get a filling in one of my teeth, but I’ve never had one before and I’m a bit worried about it. I don’t want to ask any of my mates about it because they’ll take the mickey ...

Do you brush your teeth....?
with cold or warm water?...

What does NHS stands for?

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

Additional Details
In the morning I brush my teeth over the sink but at night I shower just before bed, so I brush my teeth in the ...

I am the answer
Are you suppose to floss your teeth before or after brushing?

Must Be The Clouds In My Eyes
Rating
its actually both but i never worried about before

prettyinpink22
before
or
both

Magpie
I always do it after, then sometimes brush again.

Baby Gyrl
i do both....but i don't think it really matters

jameslankford
after

Sanila S
after

Jossey
I do both

batzy_batgirl
I usally brush my teeth first to get you know all the stuff out well food i guess! then id floss!!

crazy baby
NO ONLY AFTER EATING CUZ WHEN U BRUSH UR TEETH IT DOSEN'T GET THE FOOD INBETWEEN AD U CAN GET GIGIVITIS

molly m
after

Patti Wray
You can do both before to clear, after to get rid of left over toothpaste,rinse and repeat

Jake M
Rating
Well i would suggest before because if you think about it if you do it before its more practical

This way you dont get chunks of food stuck in your tooth brush. I also suggest rinsing your mouth out first with mouthwash.

Beta Iota U
Rating
Before, you don't want that crap around your mouth. All you need to know about flossing:

http://www.adha.org/oralhealth/flossing.htm

Tangarin
I usually do it before, so any food that is stuck and floating in my mouth I can brush and get rid of, otherwse it feels like you still have food in your mouth.

BTW don't forget to brush your tongue.

ellenellenellen
Weird so many people say after... I do before, because it kicks up gross little things that you want to get rid of with the toothbrush.

LoveStruckGirl6
I do it after.. brushing gets the big stuff and flossing the little stuff!

chuppkaychuppkay
better after wards and then rinse your mouth nicely with a lot of clean room temperature water

Michelle
after

Steve
Rating
"AFTER" You don't want to force any plaque and food debris between you gums... before you try to remove the bulk of it with brushing first.

☠ ☠ ☠
you are supposed to do it before so that you can brush and clean it all away! Makes sense right?

woahhh
My mom is a dentist. shes always told me to floss right after brushing and after every meal

Bronwen
Rating
Before, according to every dentist I have ever seen.

Flossing loosens plaque, and removes big pieces of debris. It also helps move the stuff around your gumline down where it can be removed by your toothbrush.

People get confused because they do it in the opposite order, usually, during a dental cleaning. According to my dentists over the last 25+ years, however, it's floss, then brush, then rinse with something like Listerine. The only time you change that order is if you use an anti-plaque rinse, in which case you do that first to loosen the plaque, and then you floss, and then brush.

FordSuperModel
Well your suppose to do it before and after. Why? You may have stuff like meat or smushed cookies squeezed between your teeth. Flossing sort of make it easier for the brushing to be more affective. Then you do it after you make sure no tooth paste get leftover to form a parcipitate, then you rinse you mouth. :D

T-NEE
Rating
I agree. I do it before to get the lil nasties as I brush.

waymuchmorebetter
Rating
I do it before and after....usually after because even when you use your tooth brush it don't get all the crud out....and when you do it before.....brushing might pack crud in between the teeth.....I usually only floss prior to brush if I got a lot og gunk from eating ribs, corn, etc...

Lenny A
Do it before brushing... flossing will help remove any food residue between nooks and crannies of the teeth. Brushing wash them away...

forever <3
Before... And that dudee that saidd that brushing your teeth is for losers... he or she is discusting! EW! WHO WOULDN'T BRUSH THERE TEETH!? GROSS! haha

missrashelle
Without a doubt, before brushing! When you floss you're removing and loosening food and plaque particles. Then you brush to clean and remove everything. Plus if you floss first more fluoride gets in between your teeth for a better clean. I think it would be gross to floss after brushing... Defeats the purpose, in a way.

piggy
personally, i do it before, so then you can brush and rinse off the residue : ]

Natalie Portmans Shaved Head
Floss before, so you can brush all that nasty tasting plaque and food away!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy