Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Sensitive Teeth?
My teeth have become very sensitive since I started using an electric toothbrush. My mid-day, I can hardly talk at work. I started using Sensodyne toothpaste about 4 days ago (twice a day at the ...

Help please!! my front tooth has just come out.?
Please help somebody!! my front tooth has just come out after biting into an apple, its not a real tooth it has a rod attached to it, does any one know of any good glues or dental cements to stick it ...

Help please!! I am having EXTREME pain in my mouth from one tooth with a cavity. It is throbbing from the?
right side of my head all the way through my entire jaw line. This is extreme pain....i'd say level 8 on a scale from 1-10...what can I do? Whats wrong?...

Braces teeth pain?
ok i got braces today...and my teeth are hurting bad...for some reason especially my front 4....they almost feel loose but they aren't...what is up with that...oh and how long after they get put ...

What hurts more? A tattoo or a cavity filling?
I am going to be having a couple cavities filled in two different appointments and I'm very nervous. I was wondering how much the novocaine shot hurts. I was always told this is the worst step ...

Do braces hurt when they are put on?
Do braces hurt when they are put on or when they are putting them on? When will it start really hurting?
(Anyone with expierience, please)

I'm getting braces.
I'm ...

Do you use artificial sweetners?
I'm curious as to how many people use them.

http://www.nexusmagazine http://www.truthaboutspl Details

Back tooth hurting really bad?
my lower back tooth hurts so much that i cant eat or do anything. it keeps me up at night too. well do you lose your lower back teeth because im 16 and i havent lost my back teeth at all someone ...

What is the best way to cure a tooth ache?

Do root canals hurt?
i have to get one done in October. be honest with me,...

How many natural teeth are you supposed to have?

Braces??????????????? --Read--?
Help me!!
please?
-Read Below-

ok, can somebody tell me these questions?
cuz i really need to know them for later, and i want to be prepared for when i do..please answer?

Does anyone know if braces hurt? and is it worth getting made fun of?

Which do you prefer? Dentists or doctors?
Just taking a random survey....

Only 14 with yellow teeth?
I don't smoke, am not bulimic or taken any antibiotics that got them this way. I don't drink coffee or tea, I brush my teeth daily... but my teeth are kinda yellow. Any ideas?...

Is my dentist allowed to be rude to me ...?
the last time i took my daughter i got verbal abuse , he said i ought to be ashamed of myself and that i was a bad mother etc , could i have reported him etc , my daughter needed a filling yes but i ...

Im getting braces soon? what color should i get? is it gonna be painfull?
yea im realy nervous i wont look right with them.. my teeth are not crroked at all.. like i dont even know why i gotta get emm. im getting them on august 5. thats like 9 days away. pleaseee give me ...

Why don't people in the U.K take care of their teeth like in the United States?
Or maybe its just a stupid stereotype......

Why should we brush teeth in the morning?
i understand that we should brush teeth everytime after we eat, so the food won't be left on the teeth, but why do we have to do it in the morning? we don't eat at ...

I am terrified of the dentist and need my wisdom teeth pulled. How bad does it really hurt?

MICK D
Are firm brissles on your toothbrush good for your gums?

Katy W
Rating
they are good for cleaning your teeth!

Sharon H
Rating
Most dentists recommend soft or medium.

Dogzilla
Rating
Not if it makes them bleed. If not, go for it.

beez
Rating
No, and until recently I had been taught this is true. My dentist rcommends soft bristles so they would wear down the enamel.

mickeymaz
Rating
Nope, go for soft bristles.

sulei
Eventually, the teeth suffer from gumline recession, enamel and cemental abrasion, and attendant sensitivity and cosmetic impairment. It cannot be denied that a stiff-bristled brush will clean more rapidly than a softer brush; however, the abrasive side effects can sooner or later present problems that are difficult to manage. Firm brushes will damage the gum.

ValleyViolet
Rating
My dentist and hygienist recommend soft bristles. They said that hard bristles irritate your gums and with extend use can wear the enamel on your teeth. Soft bristles clean without being abrasive and clean the pockets between your teeth without causing abrasions. Do not forget to floss.

coppersmith
Rating
Every recommendation I have ever read says to always use soft bristles.

wendyissmiley
Rating
Absolutly not. I am a huge believer in having good dental hygenie and have been told by my own dentist as well as my childrens dentist to only use soft brissles on your teeth and gums as hard or semi hard brissles wear down your enamel on your teeth and even though when you use the harder toothbrushes you think your teeth are getting cleaner this is not so

kundalinicat
Rating
My dentist told me to get a toothbrush with soft bristles because firm bristles (or just brushing too hard) can cause gums to recede - that's no good at all!

glassfemur
Rating
My dentist says soft only. Hard bristles can tear your gums and also wear away the enamal from your teeth.

Yahoo Medic
Anything other than soft bristles are damaging to the gums. Most people are not familiar with proper oral hygiene and neglect to learn and for the most part, people are under the impression that hard scrubbing will be more than sufficient. Well they are most definitely wrong.

Vigorous, excessive brushing with stiff bristles will cause the gums to be tender and inflamed. This inflammation leads the gums to recede away from the edge of the teeth; as result, exposing the cervical third of the tooth, thus making it easier for bacteria to find its way closer to the root.

Circular motions with a small SOFT bristle brush and adequate flossing will not only keep your teeth sparkling clean—it also promotes optimal general health. From my experience, excellent oral hygiene has prevented me from getting sick in the past two and a half years.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, June 11, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy