Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Have you ever asked a question?
have you ever asked a question and then wanted to actually maybe speak to the person that answered the question but you don't know how to get them to talk to you?...

Bad toothache?
My husband has a terrible toothache, he's in very bad pain. Face is swollen. Anything he can do tonight at home? He can't see a dentist until tomorrow....

I have a hole in my tooth and need to no wat 2 do!?
i have had this hole for about 2 years this summer and its gettin bigger. Even though im not havin pain with it i need to no what to do b/c i have a really big phobia of dentists and theres no way i ...

I am having braces what color is the best to chooses?

Help?! I can't open my mouth very wide!?
A while ago my jaw started to act really weird. It started to snap every once in a while, when it does that it doesn't hurt but it makes me unable to open my mouth very wide. I can still eat but ...

Anyone had all 4 of their wisdom teeth pulled? :'(?
I am 20 years old, and I have to get ALL 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled out on FEB. 23rd and I am scared to death. I dont like pain, and the part that scares me the most, is that I dont know what to ...

Does anybody know anything about braces my daughter has just been told by dentist she needs one she is worried
can you eat propaly can you clean teeth ...

Can i have ibuprofen at 15 years old?
braces, pain..... need painkillers and want to know about ...

Who do you see to get wisdom teeth removed?
My wisdom teeth are coming in pretty fast on my right side, and they're starting to make it obvious that there is just not enough room in my jaw for them. My dad says I should see my ...

Whiting teeth?
I barely drink soda, i brush my teeth twice or more a day, and I still have yellowish teeth. I even use whiting toothpaste!

i cant use whiting strips because i have <b>braces.</b&...

My little girls two front teeth have turned blue/grey within 24 hours...???
couple of weeks ago my wee one fell and banged her face of the ground she's had a couple of bangs to the face (front teeth) friday she went into hospital to get her tonsils removed before she ...

What are the symptoms of gingivitis?

What is a temporary fix for a loose tooth?
My mom has a very loose tooth in the front of her mouth and she wants to know if there is something that she can do to keep it in place until she can get in to see a denist....

What is the easiest way to remove popcorn from your teeth and gums???

How often should you visit your dentist?
i am a 40 year old male w/over ten years of flawless check ups. no cavities, etc.
I love my current dentist and I know the profession may not be as profitable as it once was, but i feel twice a ...

Does it hurt to get a cavity fixed?

I have a tooth ache,what can i do until i can get to a dentist?

I just got my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday?
So yesterday I got my two upper wisdom teeth taken out. The two upper one's were still in my gums. I decided to go for the local anesthesia. Was that a mistake should i have been put to sleep ...

Somebody please help.... My friend just got 6000 dollars worth of denture work done on his mouth?
and he is in horrible pain. Can anyone give me some advice about how to deal with this. The dentist only gave him the upper denture for one thing. He is a trucker, and hes on the road of course, ...

Is this plaque?
when i wake up in the morning i always get this slimy stuff on my front teeth. is this plaque?...

Kelsey F
Are braces really just a big scam?
Because some ppl say they are. (like my mom lol)

Thanks~

Dances With Cats
Rating
My teeth were REALLY crooked; my jaw was too small to fit all my adult teeth, and I literally had fangs. I had four teeth pulled and wore braces (and a variety of headgear) for about 2 1/2 years from ages 14-17.

When I got done, my teeth were a lot straighter. They all fit in my mouth properly, and I didn't have any problems when my wisdom teeth came in. If I hadn't had braces, I would have had to have surgery to get my wisdom teeth out, and I'd probably be in some special version of dental hell because of all the decay I'd have suffered by not being able to brush and floss a lot of my teeth. But now people say I have gorgeous teeth and I'm not the least bit embarrassed to smile!

I think it may be trendy in some socioeconomic circles to get orthodontics, in order to make sure your kids have perfect Chiclet teeth--and I think this is where the idea of braces as a scam comes from. But if you have genuine problems with the alignment or spacing of your teeth or jaw (an overbite or underbite), then orthodontics can be a major bonus. Also, going from nasty, crooked teeth to straight teeth is very good for the self-esteem as well as for your present and future dental health.

I'll be honest: having braces is painful. You have to have them adjusted every month, and your teeth will hurt for a day or so after each adjustment. Aspirin or ibuprofen should take care of the pain, though.

As a side note, when my wisdom teeth came in, my teeth did get a little bit crooked again, particularly my bottom teeth, so I'm considering getting orthodontics (probably Invisalign) to get myself sorted out again.

The Nikki
I personally think it depends on how bad your teeth are-- if they're just slightly crooked then braces may not be worth it, but for some people braces are a MUST, my sister for example, had fang like teeth, and her bottom teeth were every which way.

isnitan
they are not, they got my teeth better looking, confidence booster!!!

Madeleine F
Rating
no way! has your mom never seen what braces do or something?!?!?!?! the reason people get them is because our teeth work better when they are how they are meant to be. and having straight teeth is important because it keeps them healthy. if you have crooked teeth you could get cavities in places that you can't get with a toothbrush or floss. braces are definitley an important thing to have. or invisalign, that's what i had.

‚ô•Alicia‚ô•
no! they make your teeth straight!

Colleen I
Rating
They are and they're not. They are a scam because they cost around 5K (Canadian Currency) and they are not attractive (unless metal in your mouth makes you look hot).
They are however because it straightens your teeth making you more attractive! Braces are easy to take care of if you follow the instructions and it's worth it.

Skimboarder
Rating
um no. I was suppose to have braces for 1 year but I had them for 1 year in half and guess what it played off. After having a lot of pains and every month going to the Dentist office it worked out. Random ppl tell me I have amazing teeth and there really white. But hey im whiten them all the time shh

Krysta W
I don't think so. I had braces on two seperate occasions, when I was in 3rd grade and then 7th grade until 10th grade. My first orthodontist wasn't the crunchiest chip in the bag and put braces on before I lost all my baby teeth. So, I switched to another guy and he fixed everything.

I had a bottom right incisor that was completely turned sideways and a top left incisor that was up above the rest of my teeth because it had no room to grow into. My orthodontist fixed both of these problems. Of course, it was over 3 years, but it was worth it.

It's expensive, a pain in the butt, and makes your mouth sore from several reasons, but it was the best thing for me.

I've been complimented on my smile on more than one occasion and I love smiling. Especially when I got my braces off in 10th grade, it was great, even though I had to wear a retainer. I have a permanent retainer on the back of my bottom teeth that keeps everything in place and it doesn't bother me one bit.

If you want to get braces, or you think that you need them, ask your mom to go to the orthodontist with you and see what they say. The best way is for your mom to have solid evidence that you may need some corrections.

Don't be afraid to ask her! It's all worth it!

‚ô•KLS‚ô•
no!!! believe me, they work!!! my teeth were very crooked and i got braces in the second grade. it really helped to improved my self esteem! although u r supost 2 wear retainers for a reeeeaally long time, so maybe that's why pple think it's a scam. although, come to think of it, i only wore my retainers for a few months... although i think i was supost to wear them much longer!

adestask
Rating
how are they a scam if they straighten your teeth?????????

dfresh
Rating
i got them when i was about 13 til i was 15. they straightened out my teeth. i just had like two bottom teeth that were crooked. i guess for people who are insecure about their crooked teeth, they can be helpfull

lilsousa234
Definitely not i had them on for THREE years and i thought the same thing but until i got them off, now my teeth are perfect it is amazing ! =)

Nikki ‚ô•
how could they be wen they straighten your teeth.
well ik wen i first got braces the place i went to didn't know wat they were doin at all n they were screwing up my mouth big time so i wasted 3 yrs and A LOT of money but the new place knew wat they were doing and my teeth r flawless. im glad we have braces

Summer!!!
Rating
my sis just got braces but i don't think they are

MeL C
Rating
no. they are painful sometimes...but they work well as long as you use your retainer after you get them taken off

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy