Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Finish the story....?
there once was a........

How do you not go to a dentist for 20 years?
That is just disgusting. Like not taking a shower. Ick, ick, gross, etc. I don't like dentists either but I go. It makes me sick at my stomach to think of all the plaque and crap on someone&#...

What can you eat if chewing hurts?
Braces make it so that chewing hurts, what can I eat?...

I have just had a filling and I would like to know when I can eat and drink. Any suggestions?

Wisdom teeth?
i have got terrible tooth ache its on both sides of my jaw, i just just wondering if there is anythin i can do to easy the pain....

About Wisdom teeth...?
Do some people never get their wisdom teeth? I'm 23 years old, and I've yet to get any... could I be in the clear?...

Wisdom teeth?
My wisdom teeth are coming in,well..one of them. It looks crooked? I refuse to be put to sleep... so....if i didnt get them cut out,what would be the worst thing to happen?...

Do all people get wisdom teeth?

I have a really Bad Breath ! help !?
When i talk , a smell came from my throat ... the smell can come out even i didn't open my mouth , the smell from my throat come out from my nose....I tried to brush my teeth as many times as ...

Wisdom teeth!?
have you had your wisdom teeth removed?
if so, how old were you when you did?
does it hurt?
how long does it take to fully heal?
can you go to school?
what can you not do ...

What color braces should i get i am 12 almost 13?

Additional Details
i am thinking about getting pink and ...

Help, got really , really bad toothache. What will help???
Drugged up on pain killers, i've try'ed ice, hot flannels, and stuff to numb my mouth. not good enough, i'm in so much pain. i'd rather have anouther baby....

What food or drink stains your teeth the most?

Additional Details
is there any actual scientific proof?...

Do braces really hurt??
I have herd that braces reeally hert...... Should i take some tylonel b4 or what?????

Question about teeth whitening (crest strips)?
it says to wear these strips 2 times a day (half an hour each time) but what will happen if i do it more than 2 times, like 4 times?...

Wierd or not you decide?
right i know this woman and where ever she goes she as to take her toothbrush and tube of toothpaste with her in her hand bag so that whenever she can she can brush her teeth whilste i know its good ...

I'm getting braces on Monday what should i do?
what can i eat when i have braces?...

Do dentists always know if your bulimic?
I went to my dentist last week and was told that I had 3 cavities. He said I needed to brush the back of my teeth better.....so I looked when I got home and the back of my upper teeth are dark, ...

Which do u prefer, colgate? or crest?

I got my wisdom teeth taken out on wednsday and i have a hight temp?
of 102.6. I just took 2 Ibprophens(i havent been taking them cause they hurt my stomache and i cant take nothing else) What temp should it hit for me to go to the hospital? Should i wait it out? PLEAS...

lillyrose17
Anyone know the best thing to help an abscess on my gum go down?
I have got a dental appointment which is next friday but have just started to get an infection come up in my gums, does anyone have any advice as to how i can help this to go down without having to make another appointment before friday.
Additional Details
P.s I have got to have root canal done on the tooth it is affecting.

*STAY ON MY GROWN WOMAN*
Rating
NOPE

Danielle H
Rating
You really need antibiotics to clear it up properly but there are things you can do to help with the pain. I've had quite a few abcesses in the past due to impacted wisdom teeth so I know how horribly painful they are. Try taking ibruprofen as these are anti-inflammitry and will help with the pain. Also get a mouthwash called Corsadyl, it is designed for gum problems, if you can't get Corsadyl try rinsing your mouth out with warm salty water. And if you can get bonjella, that really helps too. Hope this helps and that you're feeling a bit better soon.

michelle a
Rating
Doctors - anti biotics! Try local health food shop, they might have a solution

barson
Rating
mix equal parts salt and baking soda then dab damp cotton wool in it then put between tooth and gum where the abscess is and leave overnight. this will draw the infection out and relieve u of the pain and swelling

mia_x123x
Rating
i have had about four abcesses and the dentist will only see you if you walk in. I go in, explain i am in excruciating pain and they say he will be right with me. what i find helps with pain is iberprofen and the dentist says cold ice on your face but that really is uncomfortable so i use a warm herb bag which you put in the microwave hold it on your face-careful not to hot- and stay still. i feel so sorry for you!

ami
Rating
gargle 2-3 times a day with warm water to which small amount of salt has been added, drink lot of water, avoid spicy food(only for few days!)

Gunther
Gargle with Salt water

oldtrash06
Rating
I would rinse with warm salt water solution to see if it would dry up and heal the gum. But a phone call first thing in the morning is in order!! If you have an infection, that will delay your treatment or removal of the tooth. He has to prescribe an antibiotic to clear out that infection. So, rinse for tonite....call him in the AM. Best wishes.

Boris
Rating
Use salt water to rinse your mouth out.

tomh311
Rating
a dentist

Kaereon
Rating
Medicated mouth wash.
The one in the box that is red at the top half. it has a weird name.
Sorry can't remember what it's called but you shud be able to get it at major supermarkets as well as pharmacies.

debraanneclarke
Rating
An infection or boil or abcess, will need a course of antibiotics. and that is what the dentist will probaly prescribe you, before you and any serious dental work done, if needed. Good luck, hope all goes well.

Dreamer Child
You need to go to the dentist. That has happened to me before, and you do NOT want it to burst, or sit in your mouth too long. The poisons in it will leak into your bloodstream and make you very sick. You will need to have th tooth that it is under removed, because that means the tooth has decayed and is infected. In the meantime, try rinsing your mouth with listerine, WITH the alcohol. It MIGHT sting a bit (it didn't for me a few times) but you really need to do something about that. The listerine will keep it from worsening, and will kill some of the toxins. It worked for me. My dentist even said so. Give it a try?

moctwins2
Rating
Yes, I have one as we speak, gargle with peroxide about 4x's a day will help with that and pain.

Jon C
Rating
Mouthwash with alcohol will help, but not a much as a trip to the dentist, who will lance it, and give you antibiotics.

Sutter-Cane
try a bicarb mouthwash, and rest

em
if u dont get some anti-biotics from your dentist and further treatment sorted out it will keep returning!!but in the mean time rince your mouth with warm salty water and take some anti inflammitorys!!ie iburprofen x

TTFN
Rating
If you've got a dental abscess, you need antibiotics. You should, in theory, be able to get an emergency appointment with your dentist, and some GPs are pretty nice about it and might treat you (easier to get a GP appointment than a dental one!), but you'd still need follow-up with the dentist.

In the meantime, you can use simple analgesics for the pain - paracetamol, Ibuprofen (unless asthmatic/stomach ulcers), but unfortunately, the only way an abscess is going to get any better is with antibiotics - the sooner the better.

Ta ta for now.

clare.h
if its an infection the dentist will give you a presciption for antibiotics to clear it before treatment. if its just an ulcer, try bonjela to sooth and reduce the swelling.

Mrs B
Rating
Oh dear. I suffered with a gum abscess about 3 years ago, and I have a great deal of pity for you. It's nasty; it hurts; there's no easy remedy either. In your shoes, I'd ring up my dentist immediately, explain the situation (that you have an appointment next but you now have a gum infection), and hopefully he'll be able to fit you in his diary for an earlier date. I suspect that he'll not want to do any other procedures before that infection has cleared up. A short course of antibiotics will be his first action.

In the meantime, you can help reduce the swelling by swishing very hot (not boiling, but as hot as you can tolerate) water with a lot of salt dissolved in it. It should be obnoxiously salty to the taste. Swish that solution around in your mouth, particularly where the infection is, and then spit out of the water. Repeat and repeat and repeat until you've empties the glass of salt water. Do this often; once an hour won't hurt and can only help. The hot salt water draws out the infection from your gums by osmosis.

This hot salt water method works, and it will help you a lot until your dentist can fit you into his diary.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, September 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy