Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Ive got a toothache,i cant get it seen to till monday,does anyone know anything i can do 2 ease it a bit?

Why have brits got such messed up teeth?
tooth brush, now that is a word that limeys should be proud of inventing. never thought of teethbrush did you. god bless the US....

I know its not wise to do but whats the best way..?
.. to remove a tooth without going to the dentist?...

(Guys only) Do you think braces are hot?
I recently got braces and so I wanted to know what guys think....

HELP HELP HELP URGENT i just got a cavity and my teeth really hurt, i dont want to take pill,anyother options?
i just got a filling this morning
i dont like taking tylonal or ibprofen or anything like that unless it's serious

my tooth hurts pretty bad, any suggestions on how to make it ...

Is it safe to use household bleach to whiten teeth?

Anyone stick toothbrushes up there nose ?
I was brushing my teeth on Saturday morning and a friend arrived at my house. I began brushing my teeth faster so that my friend didn't have to wait. My wrist was like a blur as I frantically ...

Will getting my Wisdom teeth removed hurt?
Do they give you General anesthetic for the removal of 4 wisdom teeth? Also, Does anybody know what kind of pain killers will be prescribed when the surgery is over?...

I'm gonna get braces soon? ?
How do they put the braces on and does it hurt?
I hate when dentist dig deep into your mouth it's yucky.
Is there anything yucky about braces?

All braces info is welcome.<...

What happens if a vampire bites somebody with AIDS or Hepatitis?

Should I get anthesisa(sleep) while taking wisdom teeth out or be awake? Have you got it done before?
Have you taken wisdom teeth out? Does it hurt the process? They gave me option of sleeping or being awake.. I was thinking sleeping but I mite get ride after an hour of the surgery being done. I ...

Since my kids teeth are gonna fall out anyway, do I have to let them brush daily?
Those Dora, Sponge Bob, and Diego toothbrushes are VERY expensive.
Additional Details
does it HAVE to be listerine? Or can I use ...

Daughter has toothache with severe jaw pain?
painkillers and other remedies not working more worried bout jaw pain she cant eat properly got worse last 36 ...

My mouth is a bloody mess!?
Is got some bleedin gums...my choppers are perfect otherwise.What ch'all reckon I dew?...

HELP with BRACES??
Okay so I went to the orthodontist on Saturday and he applied a chain to my 4 front teeth, IT KILLS. Please is there anything I can do to stop the pain. My gap is closing but it hurts so bad i feel ...

How often do you visit your dentist?
I go every six months or so, I had a check up this morning and everything was fine again and I don't need any treatment. Do you think it'll be okay to go once a year or should I keep up ...

Braces????
I'm getting braces do they ...

Is it ok to chew sugar free chewing gum with braces?
I know you aren't supposed to chew gum with braces, but what about sugar free gum? Some people have told me that its ok with sugar free though. If anyone has any good or bad experiences please ...

Braces...stressed?
I HATE BRACES i just got them and i cant eat for like a week
i cant even bite down i really stressing and just i hate them

do you have any ideas of what i can eat?...

Who likes the dentist?

scottish football ....nuff said
Anyone got any tips on getting my 8 yr old to brush his teeth...?

grumpyoldlady
Rating
Do some online searches and find some photos of badly decayed teeth. Also, have someone who has dentures talk to him about the severe pain of abcessed and decayed teeth, and also how people will think he's disgusting if he doesn't brush. If nothing else, if he gets a toothache that may get him started on the track to good dental hygiene.

Caroline
Tell him to do what he's told! He = 8. You = Parent.

retox
Rating
Can't remember getting a choice at that age - my parents TOLD me I would be expected to clean my teeth and funny enough, as the child, I did it!

Venkat c
Hai baby,

1. Brush your teeth alongside him
2. Tell him he cant leave the bathroom until his teeth are brushed
3. Take him to the dentist, maybe he will start brushing if you threaten to take him there more often. Also we will give some useful tips white tips. Please visit our website and get it.

Lori L O^O
I brushed with my daughter with a timer. We set it for 3 minutes and did it together. She also wanted to watch a short video or read a book before bed. Her teeth had to be clean by a certain time or she did not get that. We had a routine. Snack, brush, story, then bed. If she was a stinker the night before she got no snack the next night. It was also part of her chore chart she had for every day. Chore #1 was to wake up happy, #2 was to make her bed. #3 was to eat breakfast. #4 brush your teeth, Etc. She got gredit for her teeth being brushed morning and night. If she did all her chores every day all week she got allowance. If not, she didn't. So, with her it worked. She is 18 now and still brushes her teeth (we did go through braces! YIKES!)

quin_tasha617
Hey if i were you i would try that new mouth wash that turns their teeth colors on the spot that need to be cleaned. Maybe if he can see how badly the need to be cleaned then maybe he will begin to do it.
My kids are younger and we all do it together. so you might think of that having him brush when you do.
best of luck

à®?Gemsà®?
I saw this thing on Tarrent TV the kid wouldn't brush his teeth so the parents played a trick on him and took him to the "dentist" and the dentist told the kid that he was going to pull all of his teeth out there and then without any anaesthetic.. he was crapping himself.

you should show him pictures of rotten teeth or tell him that the dentist will rip them all out...

Mo ♥
Rating
Make him..you are the parent..let him pick out his own Toothbrush and Toothpaste

flutterby
Rating
Some of the childrens toothpastes come in various flavours like strawberry. Tell him that if he doesn't brush his teeth, his breath will stink and his teeth will look yellowy green and no one will want to stand too close to him at school because of the smell.

waters_shadow
Rating
there's no point bribing or punishing/threatening him to do a job he should do be doing twice a day for the whole of his life.

Try those really cute toothbrishes you get with lights at the bottom. They flash for 1-3 minutes, and the handles can come filled with glitter and those floating models (ducks, frogs), they cost about £2.00-£3.00, and you can get them from wilkinson, savers, and some branches of superdrug.

hope i've helped.
xx

Daisyhill
Rating
Show him some pics of what happens when you don't...worked for me!

prettywoman
STRAWBERRY TOOTHPASTE

Works absolute wonders

Alissa K
They have those flavored toothpastes now or you could get him an inexpensive electric or cool looking manual toothbrush...that's how we got my little brother brushing.

allan j
Rating
simple, cut his priviledges off. nice clean teeth= psp, xbox etc... time to stop being soft with your kids, the more they get away with now the more you will regret it when he becomes a teenager!

hetty2710
Rating
you've got to remember what it was like to be a kid. sit down at the table and talk to them as if they are equal an adult if that doesn't work ask they dentist to talk to them also try arm and hammer toth paste it a less powerful taste

burp_coit
tell him that he will end up getting false teeth and if that does not work get him a tooth tunes

pixielee21egypt
Rating
you could go for the first option which is scare tactics. find some pics on net of horrible teeth.
or you could try bribary. eg if he watches tele from school or has a tele in his bedroom then say that you are banned unless you brush your teeth.
and if you brush your teeth for 1 week then i will buy you a little pressie. my kidz brush their teeth without being told they are 5 and 6, but if i lose control of them bribary always works best. good luck

Part Time Cynic
Clean your teeth at the same time. Then see who can spit furthest in the sink after rinsing ... just an idea ...

Male16
Buy this stiff called agent cool blue. They swish it around and spit it out and their teeth have blue wherever plaque is and tell them what plaque does and that is bad and how they need to brush it all out!

SandLady
1. Brush your teeth alongside him
2. Tell him he cant leave the bathroom until his teeth are brushed
3. Take him to the dentist, maybe he will start brushing if you threaten to take him there more often
4. Show him pictures of people with rotten teeth, and maybe explain how painful rotten teeth can be
5. Take away a priviledge of his if he does not listen, dont give it back until he brushes
6. Ask him if he thinks bad breath is attractive to his classmates
7. Have him rinse his mouth with that blue mouthwash, it highlights the plack on his teeth- showing him exactly where he needs to brush.

Brushing teeth together as a family is FUN!

mata123
Rating
Give him a big bag of sweets after>>>>>Only joking<<

Rachael H
Rating
Take him to the dentist and let the dentist explain the importance of brushing his teeth and what could happen if he doesn't.

wildimagination2003
My advice,... show the little **** who's boss. YOU'RE his parents,.. show him so he KNOWS.

missme
Rating
have you tried standing him in front of a mirror and you clean your teeth together worked with my little boy

Chelsea-Leigh
Rating
Set them a task to see if they can take as long as theb egg timer

Madalyn H
you can give prizes to him if he brushes for the amount of time you want him to.

retrogram
Rating
Show him some manky pictures of rotten teeth on the internet... That should shock into it. He'll pull his socks up when he wants girls lol.

coopsradar
show him pictures of ken dodd

Karen K
Hey try the new toothbrushes that just came out called tooth
tunes. You can hear music in your head as you brush your
teeth. Really cool. Also take things away if you have to tell
him more than one time to brush (you may have to remind him
but not 10 or 15 times a morning or night) Remind him its for
his health and if you can get the dentist to show him some
pictures of people with mouth and gum diseases. Maybe
that would also help. Try to make a nightly and daily routine
of getting dressed eating and brushing before he is allowed
to do anything else, no TV or game time if he doesn't brush and follow his routine. Good Luck!

yecart19710
Rating
make it fun and do it with him i had the same prob with my 7 year old but within a few days of doing this she was fine. xx

pups
Rating
I am so with you on this one, I had to download pics of bad teeth to make them understand (also remind them of films like Pete's Dragon and their teeth in that film) Then I clean their teeth myself for a while. Good Luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy