Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Do I need braces? *Pic*?
I hate my 2 front teeth. One is in front and one is in back. They're not over lapping, but it annoys me. That's the only thing, other than my, I guess, bite it a little off. Like, it is a ...

Does anyone have any tips to whitening my teeth and keeping them white?
any ideas other than these: strips, peroxide, and baking soda, because All of those destroy the enamel of your teeth, Thanks for all the help!...

Do you use mouthwash before or after brushing your teeth?
Like Scope and stuff, but if I brush my teeth after using mouthwash, wouldn't I wash away the mouthwash, plus do I rinse my mouth with water after brushing my teeth or just spit out the residue??...

I ned a quick way to cure a toothache without alchohol?

What's something that I can eat with my teeth like this?
I just got braces yesterday and fell asleep fine but in the middle of the night I woke up and had a really bad toothache, I took pain relever but it took an hour for the pain to go away. My teeth ...

I keep getting food stuck in between my teeth with braces and its hard to get out...?
I have braces(i got them exactly a month ago)and the gap between my two front teeth is closing, but something I'm not satisifed with, is whenever I eat something at school or anywhere, food is ...

Grinding Teeth?
Hi
Ive been grinding my teeth of a day time and night time. Ive read alot about mouth guards at night but is there anything that can be done for day time.
Thanks
Additional Details

I'm thinking about becoming a Dental Hygientist. Is this career anything like sitting at a desk all day long??

Burnt teeth?
Can you burn your teeth? Cause I ate some really hot (like heat hot) french fries today and that was like hours ago and my teeth still hurt. How do I fix it?...

Nowadays teeth should last you your lifetime: Would you agree?

Im getting braces top and bottom does it hurt?

Before I go to bed, I brush my teeth and all. After I wake up, I have "morning breath." Why is this?
Why and how does my breath change when I wake up? I don't eat anything while I'm asleep; at least I think I don't....

Does getting braces hurt?
Getting braces tomorrow (argh?) and I need to know if it hurts getting them on. I'm worried that i'll be gagging and stuff, and the metal will slip off and choke me, and when i get them I�...

I just hade 4 teeth pulled....could i drink the same day?
I JUST HADE 4 TEETH PULLED IF I DRINK WHAT COULD HAPPEN ....AND IS IT SAFE TO DRINK THE SAME DAY I HADE THE SURG......

How long will my mouth be numb?
i Just had 5 teeth taken out an hour ago
and my mouth is so numb!!!
how long will it be like this?...

I wanna a really good sugar free gum?

Is mouthwash suppose to burn?
i've never used it, and not a great fan of mint so i'm not that use to mint either. but it burns my tongue, is that normal?
i also swallowed a tiny amount and woke up with a sore ...

Ouhhh ! I have a really bad toothache and can't get into see the dentist until next week. What can I do?

What to do about pain from wisdom teeth?
My top left wisdom tooth needs to be removed, and is causing extreme pain throughout my top left jaw, and a little above, towards just under my eye.

I cannot have it removed for another ...

I brush my teeth day and night yet my teeth arent the white white i want them to be how can i make them whiter

ali kamenero
After tooth extraction, can you so some excercise in the next 24 hours?

Pat R
Yes,why not,its only a tooth out,not major surgery.

Sarah S
of course you would be able to have your tooth extracted and then do exercise as long as you don't do a contact sport as your mouth will still be swollen from the process

monkeymanelvis
Rating
Yes - but only light exercise and stop if you get dizzy. A few stretches or some sit-ups will be OK but a 2 mile run or a game of footy would be a dangerous risk.

the queen
Rating
sure but take it easy.... just be sure not to smoke..... you will get dry socket and that hurts big time!!!

chopchubes
Rating
I tend to agree with most of these answers.
It's a bad idea to uneccessarily increase your blood pressure after dental surgery. Plus, depending upon how traumatic the extraction was, you'll probably not feel like doing much anyway which is a good thing.

I'd leave it at least a couple of days cos you don't want to blow your clot and end up with a dry socket: That's a REALLY bad thing.

Cheers.

moomin
Exercise can increase your blood pressure and so may cause the socket to start bleeding again. It is a good idea to take it easy for 24 hours post extraction.

mairzeedotes43
Iake it easy. What difference does 24-48hrs make? Walking around would be exercise enough.

Tinkerbell
Rating
Its best if you rest for the 24 hours after, its to do with the blood pumping, hope u don't get into to much pain x

donch03
Rating
You should avoid exercise for the first 24 hours after this you will be fine to continue.

SASSY
Rating
NO

meko76
Best not to for the first 24 hours.

paulpoulboy.
I would avoid rigorous exercise for 24hours to leave the clot in socket settle and become more stable.. unnecessary pressure from exercise such as resistance training, gym work raises the B.P and puts strain on the clot.Have a rest for the rest of the day and night.. hope this helps a little, feel free to email if you've questions
Paul

Raif
Rating
Perhaps best to air on the side of caution as exercise encourages increased heart/pulmonary activity and therefore an increase in blood flow/pressure etc. This could in turn excaberbate bleeding from the wound especially if it is a Molar (i.e larger tooth). 24 Hours asn't very long!

Away With The Fairies
Probably best to take it easy. The increased blood flow wouldn't do you much good.

HeatherS
We always advise the patient to take it easy for the first 24 hours on just a simple extraction and longer for ones that are more difficult. You just don't want to do any activity that gets the blood pumping too hard and take the chance of the clot breaking loose, which could lead to a dry socket. The one thing that no one wants to suffer through after dealing with an extraction! Hope I've been of some help in answering your question, and good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy