Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Why do we chew gum? what pleasure do we get from it?
I used gum for years until i asked myself why.If u cud c yerself chewing the gum u wud prob giv it up, yuk!...

What are the signs of gingivitis and if you have it how do you get rid of it?

Wisdom tooth????????????????????
my wisdom tooth is growing and i wanted to know why so young? i am 15 going to be 16 next week and my wisdom tooth is growing. it started to grow about 3 months ago and it is nearly fully grown. i ...

Braces....any advice???
Im getting braces next week and want to know if theres anything i can do beforehand to make the pain less....any advice??...

Do I need braces?
My teeth aren't hardly messed up at all just 2 or 3 slightly out of place, how would I go about fixing theses? Would I need braces, if so would I need them on very long?...

Toothache.?
can sum1 tel me the best way to get rid of toothache. i dont have a dentist and i live in the country side....

Help my tooth hurts!!!?
My teeth on the right are painful, my gum is also hurting, my canine is hurting the most and i have developed a slight pain on the right side of my cheek. Does anyone know what it is?...

Is it OK to go without wearing my retainer for a day GIVE ME YOUR STORYS!?
So I got my retainer, JUST GOT IT, and I was wondering if like in a few months can i skip a day or something, I heard your not supposed to do it for more than two hours, but im guessing alot of ...

How long does it take for wisdom teeth to come through properly and stop hurting?
My wisdom teeth have been coming through for about 2 years. It is really painful, they really hurt for a few weeks then stop for a while then it comes back again. Is it normal for them to take so ...

Evrey time I eat chocolate one of my tooth reallys hurts why?

Do home teeth whiteneng kits work? Which ones are good?

I just got spacers today what hurts more spacers or braces?

What age did you get braces?

Just got braces?
I just got my braces put on about 2 hours ago. They don't hurt but like, it just feels really weird. Like, I just ate some Kraft dinner for lunch and it felt wo weird so chew so I just swallowed ...

I got a fish bone in my throat. How do I get rid of it?
Fish bone stuck in my throat and I managed to make it worse in a way by pushing it down with food. Now, it's stuck just behind my collar bone.

What do I do?...

My teeths bleed when i brush , i dun wanna go 2 a dentist plzzz suggest me wat m i suposed 2 do?

How can you whiten teeth without continously having to use products?
I have tried whitening toothpastes and gels but you continously have to use them to get results....

I am really scared of having a tooth filling and what should I do?
I never used to be scared at all of dentists or needles, but after having a wisdom tooth out in January I am really terrified of them.
My dentist says I really need a small filling - I would ...

What is the best way to avoid bad breath?
no silly answers like chewing gum plz....

Bad breath?
You know that sort of horrible morning breath taste in your mouth you get. Well it feels like that to me all day long even after brushing my teeth lots and mouthwash and tounge scraper etc. I have ...

jossmith142
After a tooth extraction, should I leave gauze in my mouth when I sleep?

ducky
Rating
No you might swallow it.

Dr. Arun
Rating
No No it is very risky & unwarranted. Wound after extraction heals within 10 minuites. While a sleep gauze can go to throat & choke you to death.

maranave_229
Rating
You should only use the gauze for a couple of hours, until the bleeding stops. If the bleeding does not stop consult your dentist or a doctor.

flowergirlsdy
no, take it out!

PInky without perky!!
Rating
i wouldn't as you may ckoke on it during the night! rinse your mouth thoroughly with a salt water solution before you go to sleep and agin when you first wake up! in fact you should not need it in there for a long period anyway, just keep rinsing and it will help the hole stay clean and help it heal!!

chunky
I wouldn't,just keep the mouth clean by swishing salt water around and then spitting it out, this also helps heal the gums

whitleylass
Rating
no u might choke, take it out and if it starts bleeding again put it back in for about 20 mins then take out again, hope u feel better soon

stav_rock
i wouldn't you might choke

hot_tamale962
Rating
no you are fine now. rinse the day after with salt water.

Avalon
the gauze should have been removed at the surgery when the bleeding had stopped...not only may it choke you but it is now a infection risk..remove it...and tomorrow start some hot salty mouthwashes

Britanie
Rating
no, your suppose to change it every 30 min when needed till you have used 4 or 5 and the clot is there.

debs
Rating
The 'Average Joe' bleeds anywhere from 1-3 hours after an extraction. Some people 'free bleeders'.. can bleed up to 24 hours, after an extraction. We dont know your case...
Leave the gauze in until you stop bleeding. Every 30 minutes, change the gauze out. NOW... if your doctor gave you pain meds and you took them and you fall asleep... Dont stress over it. It's no biggie, people do it all the time. Try to prop your head up though while sleeping. The likelyhood of you swallowing the gauze is close to none either way!

mammamia
Rating
I was instructed to leave the gauze in for about an hour. The bleeding was done by then and it was fine to take it out. If your mouth is still bleeding I would leave in the gauze, otherwise take it out. If they are your wisdom teeth it would be longer though.

♥♥TWINKLE♥♥.
Rating
no you could choke. if you are still bleeding ask the doctor for advice as it should stop quite quickly.

anis118030
Rating
not nec.the only thing that u to press the guage firmly over there for 1 hour and remove then

meko76
No, only until bleeding as stopped. 10- 15 mins.

superyduperymommy
no, take the gauze out. you only need to leave it in for a couple hours or untill the bleeding stops after having a tooth taken out. if its still bleeding when you are ready to go to bed, rinse with some warm salt water and see if that helps. if it continues to bleed, dont leave any gauze in your mouth, and just lie a towel across your pillow so you dont ruin your pillow. if it is still bleeding in the morning, you need to call your dentist. sometimes it takes a little longer for the bleeding to stop. also, try propping up your pillow a little higher, to elevate your head. i hope you feel better in the next couple days!

Nebula D
I'm a dentist.

No. You should never leave anything in your mouth like that for an extended period of time. It is a potential source of infection.

Sweet Cheeks
No. You should only leave the gauze in for an hour or 2. When the bleeding stops, take it out. You could swallow it & choke to death if you are sleeping.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy