Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

What organ in your body produces bile?
plzzz answer =]...

I want to have some advice as to what message to write to someone on a dying bed?
I have a friend who is very sick of cancer and the doctors said that she does not have any hope of recovering. I want to buy her flowers and write a message for her....

Why is cancer so common these days. Did you know it was very rare 100 years ago.?
Please tell me why Cancer rates are so high in 2007. And appart from the obvious one NOT SMOKING how can one reduce ones chances of becoming a cancer statistic. Thank you ...

If the doctor said there was a 50/50 percent chance of a person living?
nd they were intensive care
nd the doctor said that if their heart stops they will not bring them back

do u think this person has a good chance of living?...

What do I do to be smoke free?
I've been smoking since I was very young and now that i'm in the army I think now would be a better time than any....

I have finally decided to quit smoking ,Since 01/01/2008Please Help me stay strong?

Help i have a question?
i've just found out that a girl i HATE has a tumor in her breast. i had mixed feeling about how i should feel about that. some of my friends who dont like her were laughing, i was a little bit ...

Do i have cancer??!!!!?
yesterday morning i woke up aand when i accidentaly felt my right nipple i felt this slight pain. i have this little lump thats next to the middle of my nipple and it painful when i touch it.btw im ...

Did you have a parent or spouse die of cancer? How old were they?
My mom died of over a week ago. She died on her 64th birthday. She had breast cancer, but died of sepsis. She was diagnosed 3 years ago and it seems that she suffered for about the last 4 months. ...

Why do we use sunbeds when 100 people die each yr from cancer caused by them?

Lately my left breast has been hurting extremely badly. I turn 16 in 3 months, is it possible I have cancer?
It has been hurting really badly. I have mentioned it to my mother but not in great detail. I turn 16 in about 3 months but is it possible that i may have breast cancer....

How do you get through a loved one suffering badly from cancer?
It's so sad. He has been battling cancer for over 2 years now. No matter what they seem to do it just seems to keep on spreading. It is now in his spine and he is in constant agony even when he ...

Why do we keep on smoking?
when we know it is really bad for ...

My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer 6 months ago, he seems to be doing well. It's hard to beleive.
It doesn't seem to me like he's only got six months left. How does cancer progress, is it very quick at the end. His cancer is Unknown primary, which means they don't know where it ...

Will I get cancer?
My mom had cancer many times about two years ago, when I was in fifth grade. And I heard that its something you are born with and you inherit from your parents.
Be flat out honest. Am I really ...

There are two cases and you can only choose one. Here they are:?
In one case, there is one billion dollars. In another, there is a vial with the cure for cancer. Your mother has cancer. Would you take the one billion dollars which you would split with you mother ...

Why are cigarettes legal to buy?
I feel cigerettes are just as harmful to ones health as many other drugs, it is a controlled substance, and it causes cancer to others, if one smokes crack and stops there is no after effects, if you ...

Should smoking be banned in public places?
i have an paper to write and i want some opinions....

Why does california think everything will cause cancer

Additional Details
It seems theres so many things that say WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to teh state of C...

Is smoking the only thing that that gives us cancer?
what about all these new waves that are passing through us at any time. stick a reciever in your head and you can listen to the radio watch tv and access the internet! lets not get started on what ...

rose w
Wwhat doess skin cancer look like?
I have had a small whitish colored spott on my forearm for a couple of years. Now that I have been out in the sun and it was 103 two dayss in a row, it resembles a raised pimple. It won't pop or anything.

dixie gurl
alright u little ***** i wont bother u if u wont bother me,im not ur business and if u want to no what something looks like go look on ask jevees and find out kay *****! oh and if u no whats good for u, u wont write back!

mfigura_2000
My best suggestion would be to have a doctor look at it to be sure that it is not cancer.

purple
There are several types of cancer that start in the skin. The most common are basal cell cancer and squamous cell cancer, which are covered in this PDQ patient information statement.

Skin cancer is more common in people with light colored skin who have spent a lot of time in the sunlight. Skin cancer can occur anywhere on your body, but it is most common in places that have been exposed to more sunlight, such as your face, neck, hands, and arms.

Skin cancer can look many different ways. The most common sign of skin cancer is a change on the skin, such as a growth or a sore that won't heal. Sometime there may be a small lump. This lump can be smooth, shiny and waxy looking, or it can be red or reddish brown. Skin cancer may also appear as a flat red spot that is rough or scaly. Not ail changes in your skin are cancer, but you should see your doctor if you notice changes in your skin.

Melanoma is a disease of the skin in which cancer (malignant) cells are found in the cells that color the skin (melanocytes). Melanoma usually occurs in adults, but it may occasionally be found in children and adolescents. Your skin protects your body against heat, light, infection, and injury. It is made up of two main layers: the epidermis (the top layer) and dermis (the inner layer). Melanocytes are found in the epidermis and they contain melanin, which gives the skin its color. Melanoma is sometimes called cutaneous melanoma or malignant melanoma.

Melanoma is a more serious type of cancer than the more common skin cancers, basal cell cancer or squamous cell cancer, which begin in the basal or squamous cells of the epidermis. If you have basal cell or squamous cell cancer of the skin, refer to the patient information statement for skin cancer.

Like most cancers, melanoma is best treated when it is found (diagnosed) early. Melanoma can spread (metastasize) quickly to other parts of the body through the lymph system or through the blood. (Lymph nodes are small, bean-shaped structures that are found throughout the body; they produce and store infection-fighting cells.) You should see your doctor if you have any of the following warning signs of melanoma: change in the size, shape, or color of a mole; oozing or bleeding from a mole; or a mole that feels itchy, hard, lumpy, swollen, or tender to the touch. Melanoma can also appear on the body as a new mole. Men most often get melanoma on the trunk (the area of the body between the shoulders and hips) or on the head or neck; women most often get melanoma on the arms and legs.

If you have signs of skin cancer, your doctor will examine your skin carefully. If a mole or pigmented area doesn't look normal, your doctor will cut it out (called local excision) and look at it under the microscope to see if it contains cancer. This is usually done in a doctor's office. It is important that this biopsy is done correctly.

froggy
Rating
U better consult the doctor straightaway.This ain't the place for you to find the answer!

lameskater
Skin Cancer is usually identified as a discoloration that changes slightly over time. If you are concerned, get a check up, but if you've had it for years it probably is nothing.

SUNSHINE
Rating
well first let me say that the most common skin cancers are basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, they arise from the basal cell layer of the epidermis or hair follicles; are locally invasive, slow-growing and destructive but very rarely metastasize,,,cancerous skin lesions may appear any place on the body, but the common sites are sun-exposed areas of the body, such as the face, chest, back, ears forearms and back of hands. Initially both forms are painless. Basal cell carcinomas are classified as noduloulcerative lesions, superficial basal cell, and sclerosing basal cell. Squamous cell carcinoma is characterized by a firm, red nodule with visible scales. Both carcinomas often ulcerate and form a crust.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy