Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Why did doctors not find the cure for cancer?

I've heard its cancer causing to sleep with a regular bra at night.
but is it okay to sleep with a sports bra without the same effect?...

Does inhaling cigarette smoke causes problrm?

Are menthol cigarettes healthier than normal ones?
I know smoking is unhealthy full stop so dont give me all the risks of smoking, but i was just wondering which ones are the best the have?
x
Additional Details

Hi I am 15 years old and I have smoked 120.5 smokes, 78 being cigarettes, 18 being cigarillos and 22.5 cigars
I quit now and I was wondering if I have done irreversible damage. And dont answer why did you start. SMOKING IS BAD I KNOW JUST ANSWER MY Q...

Is Nicotine addictive?

Have i left it too late to give up smoking?
I,m 48 ...and been a smoker most of my life. Now beginning to feel the effects of 30 years puffing. The odd twinge and the dull ache......

What organ in your body produces bile?
plzzz answer =]...

I want to have some advice as to what message to write to someone on a dying bed?
I have a friend who is very sick of cancer and the doctors said that she does not have any hope of recovering. I want to buy her flowers and write a message for her....

Why is cancer so common these days. Did you know it was very rare 100 years ago.?
Please tell me why Cancer rates are so high in 2007. And appart from the obvious one NOT SMOKING how can one reduce ones chances of becoming a cancer statistic. Thank you ...

If the doctor said there was a 50/50 percent chance of a person living?
nd they were intensive care
nd the doctor said that if their heart stops they will not bring them back

do u think this person has a good chance of living?...

What do I do to be smoke free?
I've been smoking since I was very young and now that i'm in the army I think now would be a better time than any....

I have finally decided to quit smoking ,Since 01/01/2008Please Help me stay strong?

Help i have a question?
i've just found out that a girl i HATE has a tumor in her breast. i had mixed feeling about how i should feel about that. some of my friends who dont like her were laughing, i was a little bit ...

Do i have cancer??!!!!?
yesterday morning i woke up aand when i accidentaly felt my right nipple i felt this slight pain. i have this little lump thats next to the middle of my nipple and it painful when i touch it.btw im ...

Did you have a parent or spouse die of cancer? How old were they?
My mom died of over a week ago. She died on her 64th birthday. She had breast cancer, but died of sepsis. She was diagnosed 3 years ago and it seems that she suffered for about the last 4 months. ...

Why do we use sunbeds when 100 people die each yr from cancer caused by them?

Lately my left breast has been hurting extremely badly. I turn 16 in 3 months, is it possible I have cancer?
It has been hurting really badly. I have mentioned it to my mother but not in great detail. I turn 16 in about 3 months but is it possible that i may have breast cancer....

How do you get through a loved one suffering badly from cancer?
It's so sad. He has been battling cancer for over 2 years now. No matter what they seem to do it just seems to keep on spreading. It is now in his spine and he is in constant agony even when he ...

Why do we keep on smoking?
when we know it is really bad for ...

aSiLaH
Will this affect my life later on?
while i was 5 years old,i broke a mercury thermometer..back then,i didnt know that mercury is very hazardous,so i just touched the mercury with my hand and i saw lots of it kinda 'enter' my hand,and i thought "wow,magic!"so i touched all of it.
now im 17,i learned chemistry and all those other stuffs.and now i've just knew that mercury can give side effects like cancer for men and women can be sterile.
is this true?
will it also happen to me?
i need accurate,exact and definite answers.
any "i guess" or mocking answers will be spammed.
Additional Details
mercury can easily diffuse through our hands

LS
Maybe go see a doctor. I think though that cancer from mercury can only happen if it's prolonged/excessive exposure over a long time.
What do you mean mercury entered your hand?

sickytwisted
Rating
I played with mercury as a kid. People weren't aware of its danger until relatively recently. I know you'll be alright.

Chicken N
Rating
their is a increased possibility that side effects may occur

infantryveteransrk
Mercury's Effects On The Body
Following is a partial list of the effects mercury has on the body:

(1) Mercury aggressively binds to sulphur. Since many proteins have a sulphur binding site in the amino acid cysteine, mercury interferes with numerous phases of protein metabolism which in turn interferes with a massive number of chemical processes in the body.

(2) Mercury binds with iodine rendering it useless, causing thyroid starvation and low thyroid function. Symptoms can be low energy, "brain fog", depression, and weight gain.

(3) Mercury binds with selenium causing selenium depletion which can have many debilitating effects on the body including a weakened heart and cartilage degeneration.

(4) Mercury interferes with the methylation of B-12 causing a rise in homocysteine which in turn causes high cholesterol, heart attacks, and numerous other heart-related issues.

(5) Mercury binds to tubulin and actin which make up parts of nerve cells. This in turn causes the cells to quickly deteorate causing the failure of the nerve cell and Alzheimer's-like signatures.

(6) Mercury causes mutations to intestinal flora (friendly bacteria). These mutated bacteria eat the intestinal lining leading to IBS and eventually, allergies. This is why many autistic children have IBS and general digestive issues and eventually have to go on special allergy diets.

(7) Mercury has severe depressive effects on the immune system leading to candida (yeast) and frequent general illness.

(8) Mercury harbors itself in body tissues so conventional hospital tests are useless to detect it. In fact, these tests will show low mercury levels in hair, blood, and urine. You have to look for special patterns in blood work (called signatures) such has elevated calcium.

(9) Calcium is elevated because mercury displaces magnesium which is necessary for calcium utilization. When this happens, constipation results in some people, while diarrhea results in others. This also causes muscle twitching, cramps and other symptoms known to be associated with low calcium and magnesium. In the long term, this can lead to osteoperosis and arthritis. Other symptoms include migraines, frequent cramps, and achy joints and muscles.

(10) Mercury prevents the conversion of T4 thyroid hormone to T3 which causes low energy, "brain fog", depression, and numerous symptoms that are known to be associated with low T3. Again, hospital tests for thyroid conditions usually test T4 levels only and completely ignore T3 levels. This causes numerous false "You're OKs" when severe issues with T3 levels actually exist.

(11) Mercury interferes with the action of vitamin C causing numerous issues from weak bones to joint issues to circulatory issues and frequent bruising. This can even lead to spider veins and other health problems well-known to be associated with chronic low vitamin C levels.

(12) Mercury causes cell mutations which can lead to cancer and moles. When you see someone with numerous moles or "skin tags" around the lymph-drainage areas (neck, underarms, or inner thighs), they are likely to be in stage 3 mercury intoxication.

(13) Mercury is well-known to cause miscarriage, birth defects, and cancer. California dentists are required to post a notification in their office notifying patients about these dangers of mercury from amalgam ("silver") fillings.

(14) Mercury raises DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) levels which leads to oily skin and baldness. It can also lead to excessive facial hair on woman and increased muscularity in men and women.

(15) Mercury interferes with digestive enzyme production causing heartburn, gas, bloating, and other digestive issues.

(16) Mercury interferes with hormone production causing various emotional issues in both men and women. It migrates to several organs including the sulphur-rich brain and changes brain chemistry and behavior in children and adults.

(17) Mercury interferes with the circadian rhythm causing some people to lose sleep or have trouble getting to sleep while other people become "night owls".

(18) Mercury interferes with insulin production and metabolism causing hypoglycemia in some, diabetes in others.

You may also be interested to know... Mercury levels in unborn babies are much higher than in the mother.

Summer
This question is very difficult. Mercury is metabolized very differently from person to person. Since this was a one time episode and quite a long time ago, and thermometers hold relatively small amounts of mercury, you are unlikely to have any repercussions of your youthful adventure.
If you are concerned, you can have a test to check for mercury levels at your MD.

Kat
Rating
You need to get on a "heavy metal" detox program that has charcoal & milk thistle in it. Try Dr. James Chappell's tri action colon cleanse program. Its good for detoxing mercury in your system. My dad used to break open the thermometers as a kid and play with the Mercury also, hes been on detox off and on, and hes fine...60 years old and still going strong!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy