Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Why are only girls getting vaccinated against Cervical cancer?

Should smoking cigarettes be illegal?
They cause cancer and so many deaths, just like drugs, which are illegal. So should cigarettes be illegal too?...

Do you think that smoking causes lung cancer?

Is it smart to visit a dying relative?
I have just received notice today that my aunt has been given 6-8 weeks to live. I am very upset and would like to fly out to see her, however, someone told me that it might me better to remember ...

I have just been diagnosed with cancer, what do I do now??

How can i tell my parents i think i have cancer?
I'm 19 and have a small lump and think i might have testicular cancer. I know i need to have it checked out but just cant seem to tell my parents i have a lump and think i need to see a doctor. ...

Why is it that when you are diagnosed with cancer, friends and family avoid you like the plague?
I was diagnosed with bone cancer this summer after having surgery on my left arm where they found a tumor. now the cancer has spread and they are giving me about four months. Since my family and ...

What is the best gift to buy somebody about to start a course of chemotherapy?

Am I the only mother that would do this?
So we are on a trip in Mexico for 9 more days. I have 2 boys ages 14 and 8 and they have extremely fair skin, and there is skin cancer in our family genes. Yes, I slather bot of them down with ...

Can we please get something straight?
There has never been one solid link to connect smoking with cancer. If you know of just one chemical that links tobacco with cancer then please tell me as there are billions of dollars on offer to ...

If cell phones really cause cancer how long &/or how much use does it take?

How many people here personally know someone with Cancer or has Cancer themselves?

Additional Details
I am a four year survivor. I am 34....

Would you rather have a cure for cancer or have 4 men walk on the moon?
Britain and china are both planning to re visit the moon, it will cost about £1billion for each country lol. Would you rather the money be spent to find a cure for cancer?
I wouldn't, id ...

Help - why won't my mom take me to the doctor?
A few years or so back I noticed I had a small lump near my jaw bone. My parents think it's just a fatty tumor. Flash forward to a few days ago and I noticed a lump behind my life shoulder blade....

Breast Cancer!! I'm only 13?
I was wondering how to check for breast cancer. 'Cause I have pimple like lumps on my nipple. Also is it possible to get pimples on your breasts cause I've been wearing the same bra, ...

Why is CANCER so deadly?
My great-uncle died from cancer of the oesophagus (the food tube from the mouth to the stomach) It then spread to other organs, such as the heart and lungs. What makes the body decide to turn on ...

If a person is diagnosed with cancer do u think they have a right to know?
When my father was diagnosed my mother and 2 sisters felt that telling him would only make him worse. He was given 4-6 months to live and the doctors said there was nothing could be done for him. Its ...

My friend is dying of cancer- I don't know what to say to him.?

Is it wrong to not tell your family you have might have serious cancer?
I'm 22 and don't want to worry anyone. I've told a few friends about the biopsy, but not the results.
Additional Details

Is there anything now days that doesn't give you cancer?
organic food doesn't then it does, high fat diets do then don't,low fat diets do then don't. If you eat a malteaser on a Wednesday afternoon you are more likely to get cancer than if ...

★ ॠ★
Why do people with cancer often lose their hair?
is there a reason?
does it have to do with the immune system bieng down?

♫☺☻♥¸.•*´`*♥Chloe♥*´`*•.¸♫☺☻♥
Its the Chemotherapy. No, the immune system has nothing to do with it. The treatment that people with cancer get has something in it which causes hair loss unfortunately.

Bout Merde
Rating
Kimo Therapy causes hair loss.

Curios G
Rating
The radiation treatments that help kill cancer cells ends up killing good cells as well ,including the ones that help you keep your hair.

Treacher
Chemo therapy destroys good cells in addition to the bad cells it's intended to target. Off the record, you'd think with all the technology out there this day in age, that the cancerous cells could be systematically eliminated without affecting the cancer patient--making them nauseous. Unfortunately its not to be...

chavbustingfreak
Rating
chemotherapy

:) Lucy (:
Rating
It isn't the cancer, its the chemotherapy that does that. Have a look at this see if that explains it for you: http://www.chemocare.com/managing/hair_loss_and_chemotherapy.asp

How hard is it to spell Chemo? C-H-E-M-O.

DANIELA P
No, chemotherapy it's the cause

cestquinze
It is from the chemotherapy

Lexi
It's the chemo. The anti-cancer drugs in chemotherapy are so strong and powerful that they destroy the healthy cells in addition to the cancer cells, which causes side effects (ie: hair falling out).

Kaya
Rating
Chemotherapy

PC-xPert
Rating
Chemotherapy. Its a side affect.

♫►Phillipians 4:13◄♫
Rating
It's the kemo and the radiation treatment that makes their hair fall out.

RICHARD
Rating
It is usually the KEMO
That causes the hair loss.

The treatments are rough.

My grandlmother lost most hair when she got her treatments.
VS hardly any problems before.

GOOD LUCK

LoveAlways
It is because of the cancer treament, radiation is done to kill the cancer cells from spreading but it also effects other cells in the body from growing and producing. (Including the immune system) Hair is dead cells already, but when the roots die or are weakend the hair will just fall out.

Yagen P
It's usually the chemotherapy causing it. Most chemotherapy medicines attack all cells undergoing growth (mitosis), and hair cells are one of those things that grow a lot. So when chemotherapy medicine is in the body, the hair cells can't grow properly. Hence the hair falling out.

Jenn
Cancer paitents don't loose there hair untill they start the kemo treatments... So its not the cancer that is causing the hair loss..

silenceispurple
it's b/c of chemo

Panda
Rating
Many of the older and therefore standard chemotherapy drugs kill any cell that is growing fast. Cancer cells lose the ability to stop growing . . almost all normal cells automatically stop growing once an organ is complete. But cancer cells have mutated and will grow indefinitely. Chemotherapy operates on that idea . . kill any cell that is growing. There are a few normal cells in the intestinal track that grow . . and hair cells also grow normally. The chemotherapy cannot tell the difference between a normally growing cell and a cancerous cell . . and both are killed. A patient will temporarily lose all their hair while undergoing chemotherapy. Once the chemo stops the hair will grow back.

Not all chemo makes a patient lose their hair . .in some cases it will turn the hair white or grey . . but that isn't as noticable.

ygmama
They lose their hair from chemotherapy, im not exactly sure why

lisa10012
Chemotherapy, which kills not just cancer cells but the cells that create hair growth.

Just My Opinion :)
Rating
its not the cancer its the Chemo therapy because once you start it, it kills ALL your cells to help you get better unfortunatley it cannot tell the bad cells from the good ones ( like your cells that meke your hair grow) so when it kills all your cells you lose your hair, its just part of getting better but hey who cares i would rather lose my hair 100 times before i lose my life...besides once they get better and they no longer need there chemo there cells go back to normal and there hair starts growing back =) so its not permantley only while there on there chemo

jstpurplerain
Rating
Because most go trough chemotherapy (or radiation treatment) and this poisons your body and makes most peoples hair fall out.

Anne.A
they don't lose it because of cancer. They lose it because of the medicine given to treat cancer like Chemotherapy.

Man who would be DEAD
Rating
NO silly it is from the TREATMENT the DRUGS that are given to them ........called CHEMOTHERAPY which means POISON that they give them that KILLS the CANCER CELLS and along with it many GOOD CELLS. Including those that have to do with FULL HEADS OF HAIR
But as soon as they are DONE with the CHEMOTHERAPY the HAIR GROWS BACK

John S
Rating
chemotherapy kills rapidly dividing cells. Hair formation requires rapidly dividing cells, therefore the chemo stops hair from growing and the h air loses its strength and falls out.

janet h
Rating
it is from the chemo therapy....not the cancer itself.

Roz_26
JESUS

how many people wanna spell chemo wrong?

Jordan
Chemotherapy. Its a side affect.

zombie stomper
Rating
it isnt the cancer its the kemo

Gary D
Rating
The Chemotherapy damages the cells that produce hair (everywhere on the body...not just the head) and causes it to fall out. When they stop taking the chemotherapy drugs, then the hair will usually grow back again. This is especially common when the chemotherapy includes radioactive drug therapy. Hair loss is a common side-effect of radiation exposure.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy