Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Can you get cancer at 18?
i have a lump in my right breast should i be worried?...

Will I die?
My grandmother died of cancer when she was 45 and my mom was diagnosed a year ago. I am concered that I may be diagnosed too. I know cancer runs in the family, but could I actually get it?
A...

My mum has been diagnosed with liver cancer...?
She has been prescribed with steriods which are helping the symptoms and is about to start a really low dose of chemo through tablets. The doctor says this will only prolong her life by months and ...

I'm 13 and I smoke.?
I'm trying to quit, but my mother smokes around me and hands me a ciggarette every 5 minuets. That doesn't help.

I've gotten down to 2 a day, but I went back to about 5 ...

My chemo was very harsh...?
I had the first of 8 treatments last week. I was givin cytoxin and adrmicin ( spelling sorry ). The side effects hit me hard. Even after all the nausua medication ( everything they had ) nothing ...

When you know somebody's going to die wot do u do?

Additional Details
She has lung cancer and the doctors say there is NOTHING they can do, nothing its spread to far, shes been through radiation and treatment and she's lying and ...

Can someone test for drugs through hair follicles?
and how long does drugs stayin your ...

Can you still get lung cancer 15 years after stopping smoking.?
and what other things can cause lung ...

How do i tell my students that i have cancer?
Hello, The Title say it all. I teach woodshop for highschoolers. I have recently found out that i have Cancer. I've taught at this school for 40 years and I'm very well liked. It breaks my ...

My father has cancer. How do you deal with the fear?

Why are we criminalising smokers?
A woman puts her cigarette butt down a drain and is fined for dropping litter. A lorry driver parks up and has a cigarette in his cab, he's reported by a bloody dog warden and fined.

S...

Am I too young to have breast cancer?
Am I too young to have breast cancer?
The past two generations of my family (males & females) have died from cancer. I am 25 years old, last week I found what seems tobe a lump in my breast. ...

Stomach Cancer?
My grandad has been having problems eating feels like it wasent going down for 3 months he has now been diagnosed with stomach cancer and they say theres nothing they can do though today hes had a ...

Do other animals apart from humans develop cancer?

If they know smoking kills people.... ?
why do they allow people to smoke them ?...

Why did my little boy get cancer?
He got a rare form of bone cancer at 17 months. Life isn't fair?
Additional Details
He is nearly finished with chemotherapy. Has been at it every three weeks for nearly a year....

Smoking kills?

What is the main cause of cancer?

Have you had a person you loved,die of cancer?
can you share with us "WHO", l lost my sister- she was 42 and had 6 children. R:I:P:
Additional Details
Hope this question doesnt hurt anyone?- l think its Good to remember our ...

Would you please consider praying for a friend of mine who is dying from cancer?
I do not know if this is against the rules or not. My apologies if it offends someone.

I have known this man for more then 20 years time and we have become very close as of late. He was ...

malak
Why do people have to cut their hair when they have cancer?
i wanna know why!!!!!!!!!!!!

IceHockeyChick
Rating
UR SO DUMB!!! they dont get it cut off and not all people that have been diagnosed with cancer have their fall out its due to chemo thearpy.

O M A P
Rating
they arent forced to but they do that because when undergoing chemotjerapy the patient's hair starts whithering or falling down so better than seeing your hair faling down in public its cut immidiatly

sha
Rating
people don't cut there hair. they lose while they are going through kemo and radiation.

Jessica
Rating
because when they take chemo your hair falls out in a large clumps and then they have hardly any hair left so they cut it off.

carisa124
Beacause chemo therapy and radiation make your hair fall out. You look better with out hair than with clumps here and there

LovelyLaugher
The Chemotherapy makes it fall out

bragginjan2005
Rating
My mom cut hers when it first started coming out, so it wouldn't be such a big difference when it was all gone.

cynthia h
I cut my hair when I had cancer!!!! I had thyroid cancer and had a radiation pill....the hyponess of being without a thryoid until the synthetic meds kicked in made my hair start to act crazy and get super thin....I had to deal with cancer! so who gives a **** about hair? I CUT IT OFF! I felt like I joined a club...showed my battle scars and stopped worrying about stupid things.

thinkingtime
Rating
I had to get mine cut because it tangled in the 44 session radiation treatment machine.

happydawg
Within about 2-3 weeks of being given chemotherapy, your hair begins to fall out and make a big mess everywhere. It doesnt all drop out at once, but over a period of time until it is all gone. It falls out in chunks and clogs the shower drain and makes a mess on pillow cases and clogs the vacume cleaner, gets all over the furniture.
Chemotherapy patients cut and shave their hair to prevent the mess of hair falling out everywhere.

Simmi
Rating
Some chemo drugs make your hair fall out. Some people either get it cut short or shave their heads in preparation of this happening. It is a lot of hair.

judith l
they dont cut their hair. it falls out because their having chemotherapy.

bk
I shaved my son's head when the hair started falling out because he said his whole scalp hurt. His hair wasn't very long to begin with and it would catch on his pillow case and it became too painful for him.

puppysyndrome
Rating
They don't HAVE to but if they are going to be going through chemotherapy, they will likely lose most if not all of their hair anyway. It comes out in clumps and can get pretty patchy looking. Cutting the hair or shaving it off just makes it look a bit better.

Lisa B
Rating
It's not that they cut their hair, but when they recieve radiation treatments the hair falls our. So, many people priors to having huge clumps fall out, will cut their hair very shorts, or just shave their head in anticipation of losing all their hair during treatment.

Adam C
Rating
They don't cut their hair - the chemotherapy treatment which is used to help cancer causes the hair to fall out.

Jennie
Rating
They don't have to cut it but many choose to. If the hair is shorter and thinner then there is less weight so it may not fall out whilst having chemotherapy. If you choose to have it cut then it is easier than having it fall out onto your pillow or something. Chemotherapy also causes it to fall out in clumps so if you have it cut then it often looks better (no bald patches with hair around them).
Hope this clears it up for you.

livn4themin
They don't! The chemotherapy treatments make it fall out.

gwen
Rating
quemo will make it all fall out, sometimes it easier shaving it at your own terms then watch it fall out and remind u of how sick u are

Aim
Chemotherapy can cause the hair to fall out or break off close to the scalp. People cut their hair becuase it's a mess. They shave their heads because it's coming out in clumps anyway. They don't even have to shave their heads, as the chemo does a good job of causing that to happen anyway.

notalonewithcancer
Rating
We don't cut our hair because we have cancer. We cut our hair because of the chemo. The majority of chemo-therapies kill the hair follicles as well and in doing so our hair falls out. I found it better to shave my hair all off before the chemo took it. It saves a lot of grief and mess of hair all over.

Hair grows back after treatment is over.

lo_mcg
They don't have to. The majority of chemotherapy regimes cause hair loss, and there are a number of reasons why cutting your hair very short or shaving your head is a good idea.

First, it is more comfortable; as your hair is about to fall out your scalp becomes tender and sore - the shorter your hair, the less uncomfortable this is.

When your hair starts to come out it gets everywhere, but EVERYWHERE - in your food, on your furniture, on your clothes, in your mouth; cutting or shaving avoids this mess.

And many people find it more dignified to just cut their hair or shave their head rather than having bald patches and clumps of hair all over their head

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy