Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

What do I do to be smoke free?
I've been smoking since I was very young and now that i'm in the army I think now would be a better time than any....

I have finally decided to quit smoking ,Since 01/01/2008Please Help me stay strong?

Help i have a question?
i've just found out that a girl i HATE has a tumor in her breast. i had mixed feeling about how i should feel about that. some of my friends who dont like her were laughing, i was a little bit ...

Do i have cancer??!!!!?
yesterday morning i woke up aand when i accidentaly felt my right nipple i felt this slight pain. i have this little lump thats next to the middle of my nipple and it painful when i touch it.btw im ...

Did you have a parent or spouse die of cancer? How old were they?
My mom died of over a week ago. She died on her 64th birthday. She had breast cancer, but died of sepsis. She was diagnosed 3 years ago and it seems that she suffered for about the last 4 months. ...

Why do we use sunbeds when 100 people die each yr from cancer caused by them?

Lately my left breast has been hurting extremely badly. I turn 16 in 3 months, is it possible I have cancer?
It has been hurting really badly. I have mentioned it to my mother but not in great detail. I turn 16 in about 3 months but is it possible that i may have breast cancer....

How do you get through a loved one suffering badly from cancer?
It's so sad. He has been battling cancer for over 2 years now. No matter what they seem to do it just seems to keep on spreading. It is now in his spine and he is in constant agony even when he ...

Why do we keep on smoking?
when we know it is really bad for ...

My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer 6 months ago, he seems to be doing well. It's hard to beleive.
It doesn't seem to me like he's only got six months left. How does cancer progress, is it very quick at the end. His cancer is Unknown primary, which means they don't know where it ...

Will I get cancer?
My mom had cancer many times about two years ago, when I was in fifth grade. And I heard that its something you are born with and you inherit from your parents.
Be flat out honest. Am I really ...

There are two cases and you can only choose one. Here they are:?
In one case, there is one billion dollars. In another, there is a vial with the cure for cancer. Your mother has cancer. Would you take the one billion dollars which you would split with you mother ...

Why are cigarettes legal to buy?
I feel cigerettes are just as harmful to ones health as many other drugs, it is a controlled substance, and it causes cancer to others, if one smokes crack and stops there is no after effects, if you ...

Should smoking be banned in public places?
i have an paper to write and i want some opinions....

Why does california think everything will cause cancer

Additional Details
It seems theres so many things that say WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to teh state of C...

Is smoking the only thing that that gives us cancer?
what about all these new waves that are passing through us at any time. stick a reciever in your head and you can listen to the radio watch tv and access the internet! lets not get started on what ...

I've been smoking for likea year or so think i have lung cancer?

If you were around people in a closed invironment smoking pot, would that show up on a drug test?

Why do doctors tell the family of terminally ill patients,'She has a week to live.'?
I think it is unfair.My neighbor's mom is terminal with cancer,and the doctor keeps saying that...now for a month!...

Why can't we find a cure for cancer?

Just me.
Why did doctors not find the cure for cancer?

Mona Lisa
Rating
The Medical Field is one in which recieves Billions of dollars for Medical Research....The cure to Cancer could very well have already been acheived, but knowing some medical researchers I know they personally take their time to inform the Public so the Money will continue to come in... The Cure may very well be sitting in a Locked Cabinet.....

InvisibleSoul
Actually, there are cures for almost every disease that exists, if not all of them. The problem is that it's "too expensive", and from what I've been told, the government wants to keep this info away from the public. You buy meds the rest of your life and that gives them money, which is what they crave. This of all the money they lose by giving us this information. They would never allow that to happen.

michaelyodepi
Rating
you try...let's see how successful you are

Douglas D
Charities that are organized on the basis of a search for the cure for Cancer are a multi billion dollar industry all over the world. The research done in the search for a cure for cancer yeilds many other side benefits, like new methods of research, & new drugs that are effective on other diseases.

I have long ago come to suspect that there is far less motivation to find a cure for cancer, & far more motivation to keep this charity going.

If cancer was cured today, it could potentially put hundreds of thousands of charity organizers, fund raisers, researchers, doctors, & nurses out of some very lucrative, & high paying jobs.

Just something to think about.

meluvhorsey
Rating
because she saw your mother

Lillian Jayne&Maddisun Rayne
Rating
because they cant

Isabella H
Rating
its a very tricky sickness to cure! give it time they r working as hard as they can

Stu
The truth?..... well, people will disagree of course, at least those who don't believe it, but anyhow.....
there already is a cure. It hasn't been let known because the government fears chaos. Chaos in the sense of, a lot of people would live longer, therefore the economy would become so unbalanced because of higher unemployment rates which would cause more crime, even though logically it all could be handled.
Essentially we'll always be teased about possible cures, but the true cure will never be let known unless you get it in the underground.

Liam M
There are hundreds of kinds of cancers. Give them some time.

New learning is built upon old learning. Thousands of years ago man thought lightning was "thrown" by the gods, a hundred years ago we figured out it was electricity. Now we use it to communicate.

I hope that your question is not generated by the health condition of a loved one, if so, you have my best wishes.

Robert W
If it's so easy, get your PHD and find the cure.

irene k
biggest money maker in America

kcashxyz7
its not as eaisy as you think.

jellybeanqueen
because it is able to change forms alot to adapt to the envioment so you might be able to develop a cure but by the time you do it will just have changed again. They devolped a cure for early stages but as you have it it changes mutiple times making it VERY hard to cure Thats why they can't cure the cold either.

HxCbassplayer
Rating
Could you find a cure for cancer

dennys
its not easy

Moondog
Rating
Because Cancer is not a single disease. The have cured a number of Cancers but not all. Cancer presents the problem of cells multiplying like normal cells but totally out of control. If you thin about it they haven't cured the 'Cold' either. That is because of the same reason. A Cold is not a single disease - there are thousands of strains of virus which are called a Cold.

Tara662
Rating
There are several kinds of cancer. Some have cures if they are caught early enough. Some researchers are still working on because cancer can mutate.

Beejee
They're gaining on it.
If Man survives his own stupidity science will eventually find a way to 'prevent' cancer which is, ultimately, the only 'cure'.

Simon H
Rating
Cancer is often caused by damage to DNA which make cells replicate uncontrollably to form tumours. There are so many different things that could happen with DNA, and we can't fiddle about with DNA reliably enough to fix it. Also, you don't generally know you have cancer until it's started setting in, when it's too late to play with cells at the atomic level.

Hope that helps,
Simon H

yes_i_am
Rating
Extensive research is being done every day to find cures for cancer and other diseases. This is not an easy process.

ill*Will
Rating
There is by eating a lot of greens and fruit. A lot of cancer can be cured and prevented by eating the right thing. Doctors just don't want you to know this because the pharmaceutical companies will loose lots of money and the pharmacists pay doctors a lot of money.

Frikkie Botes.. 我是神
Rating
They did, but the cancer must be detected early

Panda
Rating
Because cancer is a general term to describe over 200 different diseases . . some are cured in the early stages and all can be treated with the potential for cure. It really isn't cancer that kills people anyway, it is the process of metatasis which is the advanced form of cancer. That is what needs further research. Stop the ability of the cancer tumors to replicate and send out 'cancer seeds' throughout the body and their may be cure.

At the moment researchers are exploring many types of cancer searching for 'cures'. One of the more promising is for Ewing's sarcoma where they have found a way to 'switch off' the uncontrollable growth of a cancer cell and return the cells to normal. A treatment for all is still a long way off, but at least there is hope.

Incidentally, no one knows the cure for the common cold either . . why . . because it is not one disease . . but hundreds of different viruses. Cancer is similar. It's not just one disease.

List of common cancers
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/alphalist

Andrew S
Rating
Because they continue to cut funding for cancer research and because they refuse to investigate and research into non-traditional areas of medical study. This past year alone, the Bush administration cut $40 million from cancer research funds. Hard to make any headway when you don't have any reseources. Countries like China and Canada have moved ahead with researching into non-traditional medicine such as nanotherapy. It seems as though the US is waiting for someone else to figure it out, then just using their solution.

schufs
Rating
doctors probably know the cure for almost all cancers but why would they tell the world the cure? Do you know how many people would be out of work?
why do you think the last known disease that was cured was polio back over 50 years ago?
its a money making industry...

decoratedemergency
Rating
I've heard an elaborate conspiracy theory that there really is a cure for cancer but the "evil selfish doctors" keep it a secret because they make tons of money off cancer treatment. That's obviously crap, though.

pooterilgatto
Rating
Why do people smoke when there is danger of Lung Cancer. There are so many different cancers, some can be treated some can be arrested, and for some there is cure. Some we bring on ourselves, some are inherited. It is not so easy to find a cure, research is ongoing and always need more funding.

oncogenomics
Rating
This is a ridiculous question that shows up frequently.

Before giving a detailed answer as to why the question is both ridiculous and inaccurate (cancer is not one disease), let me ask you one question:

Name one genetic disease that has been cured.

The answer is there are none.

Cancers are genetic diseases too. Cancer is many diseases each defined by their specific set of genetic mutations and the cell type afflicted. In the case of cancer, some if not all the mutations that are associated with a certain type of cancer occur during one's lifetime and not inherited.

We currently just don't have the ability to reliably identify and fix genetic errors in vivo. It's an incredibly complex problem.

Another inaccuracy is that doctor(s) will not find cures for cancer. It will probably be molecular biologists who most technically are doctors because they hold PhDs but not MDs.

ignatious93
Rating
Treating a disease is far more profitable than curing it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy