Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

How many people here personally know someone with Cancer or has Cancer themselves?

Additional Details
I am a four year survivor. I am 34....

Would you rather have a cure for cancer or have 4 men walk on the moon?
Britain and china are both planning to re visit the moon, it will cost about £1billion for each country lol. Would you rather the money be spent to find a cure for cancer?
I wouldn't, id ...

Help - why won't my mom take me to the doctor?
A few years or so back I noticed I had a small lump near my jaw bone. My parents think it's just a fatty tumor. Flash forward to a few days ago and I noticed a lump behind my life shoulder blade....

Breast Cancer!! I'm only 13?
I was wondering how to check for breast cancer. 'Cause I have pimple like lumps on my nipple. Also is it possible to get pimples on your breasts cause I've been wearing the same bra, ...

Why is CANCER so deadly?
My great-uncle died from cancer of the oesophagus (the food tube from the mouth to the stomach) It then spread to other organs, such as the heart and lungs. What makes the body decide to turn on ...

If a person is diagnosed with cancer do u think they have a right to know?
When my father was diagnosed my mother and 2 sisters felt that telling him would only make him worse. He was given 4-6 months to live and the doctors said there was nothing could be done for him. Its ...

My friend is dying of cancer- I don't know what to say to him.?

Is it wrong to not tell your family you have might have serious cancer?
I'm 22 and don't want to worry anyone. I've told a few friends about the biopsy, but not the results.
Additional Details

Is there anything now days that doesn't give you cancer?
organic food doesn't then it does, high fat diets do then don't,low fat diets do then don't. If you eat a malteaser on a Wednesday afternoon you are more likely to get cancer than if ...

Can you get lung cancer from one of your famliy members that smokes and you dont?
My dad smokes since he was 18 years old. Can I get lung cancer from him even if i dont smoke?...

I want to test out a theory about smokers.?
A co-worker and I were discussing this, and I wanted others opinions on it. I am a smoker, she quit several years ago. She think that most smokers skip breakfast, she did when she smoked and now ...

Should smokers be put to the back of the line when they wait for treatment caused by smoking.?
i think non smokers should get prefferential treatment and get operated on first as long as the op is not life threatening.smokers have brought on their own afflictions and deserve to be treated last,...

Why cant my son talk? Serious only please!!?
My son is almost 2, and he cant talk. Have you dealt with this? what is wrong with him???

If youpost anything derogitory about my son, I will flag you and send you a citation !!!!!!!!!!...

Why is life so bl@@dy cruel?
Just when i thought my life couldn't get any worse than it is already, something comes along and smacks me full belt in the face and knocks the wind out of my sails!
I lost my wonderful mum ...

You have one year to live, tops you find out 5 days before your wedding Day, Do you tell your spouse?
you get diagnosed with a terminal illness that is incureable, you find out five days before you get married, you have about a year to live and you already told them you cannot have children. Do you ...

Should cigarette smokers be refused medical treatment for lung cancer if they continue smoking?

My dad has cancer, is it wrong for me to be tired of fighting?
I understand that its really him fighting it and not me, but we have been doing this for 2 years now, dont get me wrong I DONT want him to give up, its just that this is all getting to me. Im so ...

How do you get bone cancer?

Question on smoking?
I smoke around 2 - 3 marlboro red ciggerates everyday. Obviously its going to effect my body, but how severely do you think it will effect me? Also I started about a year and a half ago.
A...

CAn another dr call another dr about a patient with out the patients premission
dont they need you to ...

Elric of Melniboné
Why are only girls getting vaccinated against Cervical cancer?

tiny Valkyrie
Rating
Actually men should be vaccinated also, as THEY are the carriers of the virus that causes cervical cancer!!!

Joan R
This should not be in this section.
In fact if they came up with a vaccine to prevent testicular cancer that would be a good thing too and any other cancers come to that.

http://www.checkemlads.com/

brainlady
Rating
You mean we should give it to women as well? I agree, if it works- seen the consequences of the cancer in loads of friends and relatives. If there is no health risk associated with the vaccine- then please any parents on here- let your daughter have it!

potnoodle99
Rating
Just think about that for a minute.

blake
Rating
the same reason why guys don't get mammograms. they're guys.

Helen B
Rating
You guys have foreskin, not a cervix.

~~~~~~~~
lmao same as only woman need smear tests Elric it's a woman's cancer. bless you!!!

Edit I've been thinking about this and do you mean why girls and not the maturer ladies amongst us, I asked the nurse the last time I had a smear and she said I wouldn't see it come in effect in my lifetime but that my daughter would have the benefit of it I think it's because like many have said that men pass a virus on to us so if they vaccinate them young enough then it should work so eventually all women won't need to have a smear.

parkermbg
Rating
You gotta have a cervix in order to get the shot,....geez!

eraymcd
Because they are the only ones at risk.

mirrors and smoke
Yay! 2 points!

Matilda
because it's cancer of the CERVIX. hpv in men does not develop into cancer as far as i know.

ITGUY
Rating
Guys cant get it

bonstermonster20
Rating
Girls get vaccinated against cervical cancer, which starts as HPV (irregular cells in the cervix). Boys do not have cervixes. But I think you bring up a valid point that boys should be vaccinated as well, because they do carry the HPV virus, and often times they don't realize it. Great question... and boo on those people who didn't understand the meaning of the question.

fizzywo
Rating
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Why not treat all boys.
Glad to see the feminist in you Elrich.

youngperksy56
how many will take the bait, we await developments

country bumpkin [sheep nurse]
Rating
since when were you a girl .lol

Mr-K-
because men don't have cervixes

kay_flood
Rating
Elric, why would a man want to worry about getting cervical cancer? your question makes no sense.

Clare89
Because women rule the world, without them none of you would be here!

HA!

spiderhedron
Rating
Perhaps because only females have cervixes?

Gartom
It's you rotten boys that actually pass something to us (HPV?) that lead us to get cervical cancer.

We should actually be vaccinated against men!
Would certainly make my life easier. lmao

mikegreenwich
Good question! Make men get those cervixes checked out. And we should also make women get tested for prostate cancer. And why have women completely dodged the whole testicular cancer thing. Discrimimination in medicine, that's why!

princess
only females have a cervix ?

ignoramus
Rating
This is not as obvious as it seems. This is a good question. If guys were immunized against HPV then they would be less likely to give it to unvaccinated girls.
Great question. I do not know the answer.

lbaker2656
Erm cos only girls have cervixes?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy