Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

My wife has just found out her sister has breast cancer. What are the chances she will develop it also?
They share only one parent, both have seperate ...

When Will There be a Cure For Cancer and Aids?? Why Is it So Hard to Find a Cure,Honestly...??

Is it cancerous to talk on the cell phone?
Some people say no and some say that there are tumor growths linked to it. Which is true?...

How many people have give up somking?is it that hard?
or even try to quit..........

How do they test for prostate cancer?

Marijiuana?
we all know pot is bad but what are the effects of one pinch or 2 of weed. can you get cancer by one or 2? can you have memory problems from one or 2. doing a research ...

Hospital discharge from the ICU with no care information..is this normal?
My brother-in-law was recently rushed to the hospital because he was terribly ill which turned out to be some sort of infection and low white blood cell count due to his chemotherapy treatment. He ...

WHO WANT'S TO HAVE A Cigarette?

What kind of cancer does smokin(tabacco in particular) help?

I have a lump on my breast?
Hey everyone! I'm was hoping you could help me out. I have a small pea sized lump right beside my nipple and I have a rash(I'm not sure if it's a rash, it's red) and it's ...

Can a Poptart Cure Cancer?

Additional Details
its not a joke i read it in the ...

What does a centimeter look like compared to an inch?

Is ther any cure of cancer?plz do help...?
can anybody help me?
if u have any useful information about cancer , its treatment , or any experience around u, do write.
my father has cancer , chemotherapy is given...
are there ...

I have a lump in my throat and don't know what it is?
I've had a lump in my throat since January. It's just under my jaw on the right side. I've been to the doctor twice and both times they said it was a bacterial infection. They ...

Does coffee cause cancer?

Any way we can try to avoid cancer and be healthy?

Why did they invent cigarettes if nobody can smoke them?

What was the worst thing about your chemotherapy treatments? The puking, fatigue, the hospital visit? What?
I had a grade 3 astrocytoma brain tumor and underwent a seven hour craniotomy with motor mapping at UCSF. I had external beam radiation and six rounds of BCNU chemotherapy treatments, via an IV. R...

3 yrs. ago Dr.'s found cancer & am just now seeking treatment, it spread, I'm scared I may be to late?
I have a tumor in my arm that was found 3 yrs. ago, I went to the Dr. last week and fear it has spread. I don't know how bad it is, I need prayers, and hope, advice, etc....

Are tanning beds worth it? Worth the risk of sun cancer?
What im saying is, there are alot of things that can cause cancer and people will still have it, like drinking smoking etc, even certain foods can cause cancer... what cant cause cancer?...

Tjunior
Whenever a person died from aids cancer etc do you have to elbalm the body?
and whenever a mortician used tools from a person with a diseases like aids, cancer, etc. can u reuse the tools or do you have to throw them away?

sunshine
Rating
yes they are embalmed but why should anyone care if the tools are reused. Its not like they are going to get up off the table and come to life again.

midnightmoon62
yes, they still have to be embombed. All tools used are sterile, so I would assume they are new tools every time, the way a surgen uses new tools every time

R K
All body's are imbalmed .

marginbuu
Rating
embalming is not necessary. It is done for cosmetic reasons believe it or not. When someone dies from aids they tend to advise cremation. and embalming is not done to a body that is going to be cremated the body becomes a explosion risk

Randy
Rating
No, my wife died from cancer and she was cremated without being embalmed. Embalming is a con that the funeral industry uses to steal our money.

bizzi
The bodies still have to be embalmed. It's to preserve the body to prevent decomposing. They probably sterilize the tools. Throwing them away might be a little extreme since they are only going to be used on the deceased. The worst possible thing has already occurred.The only people that could be possibly infected are the morticians. They use surgical gloves.

Simmi
No, it is not necessary. This does not pass on to others outside of the body.

Reagan
Rating
Embalming is NOT required by any state law (USA). The is listed under the Federal Trade Commission that no state can require embalming. Embalming is entirely up to the family regardless of the cause of death. No one can be forced to be embalmed or not be embalmed based on what they died from. After embalming, regardless of what they died from, we clean the instruments with a disinfectant and reuse them, there is no need to throw them away.

As for the answer above that bodies that are embalmed cannot be cremated because of explosion risk?!?!? I have no clue where she got that, but it is incorrect. I cremate embalmed people on a daily basis.

Deirdre H
Rating
In most states, embalming is only necessary, I believe, if the body is going to be displayed, or if cremation or burial is to be delayed.

Each state does have different rules, so you need to check there.

Tools do not have to be disposed of. An autoclave (sterilizer) is used to clean them. A deceased person cannot get sick, so there is no transmission of illness. The greatest danger would be if the embalmer were to injure himself with a contaminated tool.

Jayaraman
There is no definte rule to ask the bodies of AIDs patient to be embalmed. . Read the following -
"There is no State law that can require a funeral director to accept the body of a person with AIDS. Embalming also is not required by law. While some funeral establishments have refused to accept AIDS victims, there are sufficient firms available which will do so. Names of firms accepting AIDS victims are available through regional AIDS task forces."
(http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_id=19621&p_table=INTERPRETATIONS)

The above is in case of AIDS death, which is a contagious disease, whereas Cancer of any kind is NOT AT ALL CONTATIOUS. So, it is not required to be embalmed before burial. -

In short for death by both disease embalming of the body is not legally required -

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, December 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy